Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Is there a major difference?, To filter or not to filter. . .
MommyBusyBee
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,987

Hi everyone! I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm not sure if my actions were a waste of time or if they were really helpful. Basically, I purchased a refrigerator water filter to, evidently, filter out any sort of impurities in our tap water.

The water filters are nice to have, but I'm wondering if my child's health is going to truly benefit from shelling out money for these costly things. Am I really assisting my child's progression into better health or am I just the product of "green washing?"
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

it depends on your water quality. It could be either absolutely necessary, or not at all. you can buy water test kits, or call your water company for an anylasis
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Apr 8 2010, 11:07 AM)
it depends on your water quality. It could be either absolutely necessary, or not at all. you can buy water test kits, or call your water company for an anylasis

I agree. We filtered our water and had someone come out and test our regular water and our filtered water and was shocked at the quality even of our FILTERED water. We went to bottled water (reverse osmosis) after that. We hope to get a whole house filtration system someday so even our shower water is "healthy".

I say get your water analyzed and then decide.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0102 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]