Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Happy Valentine's Day to me
MyBrownEyedBoy
  Posted: Feb 14 2007, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,273

Well, here's what I got. Not that I expected the moon, but sheesh!
Aaron got me...

a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. Which I'll have to bake and he'll eat half of. Oh, and a hershey's kiss rose thing that he picked up at church for probably 50 cents. growl.gif

This post has been edited by MyBrownEyedBoy on Feb 14 2007, 05:10 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
moxee24
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 2,269

hug.gif I'm sorry Hun, IMO thats just cheesy(no pun intended blush.gif ) I would have rather have gotten nothing...Hope the rest of your evening goes good hug.gif

--------------------
~*~*~Jaimie~*~*~

baby

babies
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

luvmykids
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

And this is after he called and asked what you wanted? Boy when you told him to figure it out he didn't do so hot, I'm sorry hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Niiiiiiiice! growl.gif

Our men aren't doing so well this year are they???
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Okay, add in a gift certificate to Bath and Body Works that he picked up at the mall after he went to the gym. Man, I'd give nearly anything for a guy that thinks of flowers.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Well, I could live with that over the pizza rolleyes.gif But flowers are my first choice too hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Swood75
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,901

Well,it took being married for 13 1/2 years for me to FINALLY get a dozen long stemmed red roses from my DH..Here is a pic..(sorry it is so big...)not good at posting pics..

--------------------
Shawna~wife to Chris 7-28-93
Mommy to Kameron 4-30-99, Kyleigh 11-13-02 & Kassidy 1-28-09

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PMEmail PosterAOL
kimberley
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 03:55 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

hug.gif sorry hon hug.gif

i really can't stand v-day. clueless men everywhere, disappoint women over and over again and retailers making a fortune. it really is crazy that we (me included) have these hopes of romance this one day a year when most men are not naturally romantic.. not in our definition of the word anyway. yet there are times throughout the year we have all done a "dh brag" about something thoughtful they did on their own. i would love to abolish this holiday!

sorry for the vent blush.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I think Valentine's Day is over rated JMO
I think a I love you and a hug is just enough its not about the gifts those are just material things.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
TheOaf66
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

Member No.: 3,764

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Feb 14 2007, 09:25 PM)
Niiiiiiiice! growl.gif

Our men aren't doing so well this year are they???

I am not included in this category, I think I did pretty good this year...Just ask Jennie what she got thumb.gif

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I'm with Kimberly. In fact, I think it's kind of goofy to pay double, triple, whatever, for flowers that are the exact same rose, tulip, etc on any other day. I opt for the backrub and candles gig, and besides, why is it a one way street- aren't we supposed to do something for our guys too?

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Member No.: 2,622

So sorry Kelly. hug.gif A simple Happy V-Day! is sufficient for me. I would rather get nothing (honestly) than to have something picked up at the last minute and with little thought.

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Feb 15 2007, 11:49 AM)
I'm with Kimberly. In fact, I think it's kind of goofy to pay double, triple, whatever, for flowers that are the exact same rose, tulip, etc on any other day. I opt for the backrub and candles gig, and besides, why is it a one way street- aren't we supposed to do something for our guys too?

Sorry Kelly. hug.gif hug.gif

I have to agree w/Kimberley and Jeanne too. I'd so love to get rid of this holiday. I hate that men/women feel forced on this day to do anything. I also agree w/Jeanne that women should do something for the men too, and I'm guilty of NOT doing this. I just got Dh a card and his favorite candybar, kitkat. I didn't even write a little note in the card that I usually do. He got me a card, with a nice little note and a gift certificate to get my hair done. Granted I was getting it done this weekend anyways and paying for it w/our money, but he did think about me at least.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Well, I did get him some things. I got him a new picture frame for his desk with a picture of Logan in it. A new book by an author he likes and (here's the practical side of me) 6 new undershirts. His were all falling apart and had no more armpits. Also I gave him a card and got one from Logan which I had Logan "sign".

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

hug.gif hug.gif Well at least you were together on Valentines Day! My DH was in Thunder Bay and I was here in Toronto! We surprised each other with gifts. I got him a white T-shirt & a read t-shirt from Old Navy, a stuffed dog that has love written all over it and a heart shaped box of his favourate chocolates. DH got me a pen that has love written on it, some chocolate covered cinnamon mints (my fav) and a heart shaped box of Hershey chocolate truffles. It would have been nice to be home and spend the day with him though!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Cece00
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Feb 15 2007, 08:49 AM)

YES!!!! This is how I feel.

I tell DH I dont really want flowers. I still love getting them, but I love to get them another day other than V-Day, I think its obnoxious to charge so much more & flowers mean more when they are for no reason.

And I love when DH does stuff like get a card & write in it for me, and buy me some of my favorite little things (candy, just thoughtful little things I use).

I also buy for DH. I dont consider V-Day "just for me". We both get each other a gift & then we go out to eat together ALONE. happy.gif

This yr we went big & I got him a leather recliner & I got nightstands for our bedroom, and he got me a card & stuff. wub.gif

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0194 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]