Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> need advice, Jakob
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Apr 23 2010, 05:08 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

Jakob has been slowly skipping breakfast. He started with pushing the time back farther and farther that he wanted to eat, and now he is not eating it at all.
We normally eat lunch at noon or slightly sooner because andrew takes a nap by 1215 at the latest...so breakfast for everyone else is early, 630-7am. Jakob just keeps saying he isnt hungry. I dont know how to get him back to eating.

I know he shouldnt be skipping meals..
He eats a large lunch and snacks then until dinner and eats dinner...and off to bed at 7p.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
moped
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Jack is like this a bit too - hoenstly I woudln't push it.........we can't FORCE them to eat. What i have been doing is putting ont he counter what he normally eats for breakfast (which isn't much) and he will eventually work his way over to it and SLOWLY eat it. He has a yogurt drink, cheese and crackers and a nutri grain bar.........but he will snack ANYTIME I let him wink.gif

Don't stress about it, if he is eating throughout the day then that is good!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

I agree... I wouldn't worry too much as long as he's eating the rest of the day. Will goes through stages where he won't eat breakfast either. Usually it passes after a month or so.
I would just continue to offer him something, and one day he'll eat it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

How long is he up before he eats breakfast? Ashley prefers to sleep in, so she gets up 30 minutes before we have to leave. She eats, gets dressed, brushes her teeth and is out the door. But, I know some of her friends are not like that... they like to warm up to the idea of breakfast. They will eat breakfast but it's usually 1/2 hour to an hour or so after they wake up. I'm sort of like this too. I'm usually up by 6am but don't eat breakfast until after I take Ashley to school at 8:30. So, maybe he will eat it but offer it a little later.

I wouldn't be too concerned, but I am not a big fan of skipping breakfast, especially kids that go to school. I think they learn better and behave better if they start the day with a good breakfast. I think it's ok before school age, but then it might be hard to break the habit.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I think I get worried because its Jake! I dont want him to stop eating what little food he does eat, I guess I should say the variety is so slim.

He gets up at 630a-7a but he has the breakfast offered to him until 930a. Its kinda like a snack by then. But the last few days he isnt touching food until lunch from the night before.

I hate the idea of starting his day off with no breakfast but maybe its just a mind set.

--------------------

msoulz
Posted: Apr 23 2010, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

He is healthy, and as was said, you can't force him to eat, so I would let it be since he is eating sufficiently throughout the day. hug.gif Erin is pretty much opposite; she grazes all day and usually isn't hungry at dinner time. She's in no danger of starving either! happy.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 03:32 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Kylie went through this phase a few years ago and what worked for us was to give her other foods besides breakfast foods. I figured as long as it was good for her, it didn't have to be "breakfast". Leftovers from dinner, veggies with ranch dip, a pb&j sandwich, etc. I don't know if it was the change from the usual foods or what, but it worked.
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Mckaylee does this too....Sometimes its just too early for her so on those days I let her eat breakfast at school..she is more awake by the time she gets there. The only days I can get her to eat at home is when I let her pick out a cereal.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
bluebear
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 22,716

What about offering him a breakfast bar, or a granola bar just so he has something in his stomach in the morning? I'm no help because I stopped eating breakfast in 4th grade. blush.gif
PMAOLYahooMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (bluebear @ Apr 24 2010, 10:25 AM)
What about offering him a breakfast bar, or a granola bar just so he has something in his stomach in the morning? I'm no help because I stopped eating breakfast in 4th grade. blush.gif

he has a very limited diet due to food allergies and also sensory disorders.

He has maybe 10 food items he eats. Then other wise does a pediatric drink. but I dont allow him to have those until the end of the day so he doesnt use that to squash his appetite.

--------------------

A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hmmm that is troubling.. but I have to say I am pretty sure this is a normal thing that most kids go through. Autumn who is my eater and never disliked anything before now except ice cream (weird??) is now turning away most things and has almost stopped eating breakfast. We now put cereal in a bag for her to much on until lunch when she usually eats a lot better.
Can you make his breakfast more accessible to him? Does he like to snack? Autumn thinks snacking is the best thing ever so we make her think her breakfast is a snack.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Kylie would do this, but I found out she was just eating at school instead. rolleyes.gif

When Megan does this she usually will go for something else like carrots. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0131 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]