Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fresh Homemade pasta, very easy!
Hillbilly Housewife
  Posted: Apr 28 2003, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Very easy to make!!

Ingredients:

6 cups all-purpose flour
6 eggs

Directions:

1) heap the lfour, make a well in it. Break the eggs into the well. Beat the eggs with a fork. Stir into the flour from the bottom of the well with the fork unti the dough in the center is smoth or shiny.

2) With your hands, gradually incorporate the flour from the outside of the well towards the center, kneading gently until the mass of dough comes together. Knead the dough until it is smooth and resilient. You may need to add more flour, or you may not be able to incorporate all of the flour, depending on the humidity and the size of the eggs. If the dough is sticky or extremely pliable, knead more flour into it.

3) Divide the dough into 3 portions, cover with plastic wrap or an upturned bowl, and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.

4) Roll the dough out very thin on a lightlly floured surface, once portion at a time. Or, if you have a pasta machine, follow the instructions.

Make into wanted shapes. Yum! I'm making this tonight, and I'm goping to stuff it. Ravioli! Yum Yum!! yummy.gif yummy.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

sound yummy. Let me know how it turns out! I might try it! smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
supermom
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

That's how I make homemade noodles for chicken and noodles - boil the chicken in chicken broth (gives it a better flavor) and then add the rolled out and cut noodles - yummy!! We usually halve that recipe though, and have no leftovers - guess I'll have to try double it and see.

I do have one question though....when you are rolling out your dough, I always have a problem with it "Springing back" - got any easy or good solutions to help make it stay rolled out?? I mean, after a bit when I roll it over and over, it eventually stays, but thought maybe I was doing something wrong or could be doing something easier......

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

QUOTE (supermom @ Apr 28 2003, 06:06 PM)
That's how I make homemade noodles for chicken and noodles - boil the chicken in chicken broth (gives it a better flavor) and then add the rolled out and cut noodles - yummy!! We usually halve that recipe though, and have no leftovers - guess I'll have to try double it and see.

I do have one question though....when you are rolling out your dough, I always have a problem with it "Springing back" - got any easy or good solutions to help make it stay rolled out?? I mean, after a bit when I roll it over and over, it eventually stays, but thought maybe I was doing something wrong or could be doing something easier......

I jsut roll it...and roll it...and roll it....and roll it.... blink.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
jdkjd
  Posted: Apr 29 2003, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Miss Bailey

Group: Members
Member No.: 85

I've been meaning to try making pasta for awhile. I even got one of those pasta machine/roller thingys.

I'll let you know how it goes... smile.gif

--------------------
Jenn
Mother of Bailey (9/16/02) and Kiera Bryn (3/15/04)

Bailey and Kiera's Website
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0136 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]