Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Going on summer vacation??
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,459

In an effort to liven this place up (I miss y'all!!!!!!!!!!!)....tell me where you are going this summer.

We're going to my Dad's lake house for the 4th of July.
Aimee and I are meeting halfway for a weekend in July too. It's our 1st annual BFF trip (hopefully) redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif

And that's about it....haha. Later on (October), my BFF, Carrie, and I are flying to Phoenix to spend a long weekend at a spa. It's our 1st annual BFF trip too.

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I was JUST thinking that we should make this an annual thing. Of course, I'm hoping for NYC next trip! wink.gif

We are trying to plan a little getaway on the 4th b/c Scotty is soooooo exhausted and he knows we are dying to get out of the house. But, planning the trip is even more exhausting b/c you know...he's not a planner!!! And, we're trying to do it on a budget. Which is never fun.

The kids want to go to Sea World, but they also want to go to a waterpark and tube down the river. I think I've convinced them to give up Sea World this time (b/c it's so hot already). Scotty would like nothing more than to get a cabin on the lake and stay there all weekend. rolleyes.gif

No matter what we decide, it will be fun! and we'll be together! It will also be very last minute...b/c that's how we roll.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

My vacation is called New roof. ($5500) , Dental crown ($1000) and if I am LUCKY, Painted house ( $3000) redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif redbounce.gif So fun!

I am so crabby about it. I hate spending $ on this kind of stuff. Roofs are not fun. mad.gif But, we are so lucky that when we NEEDED to take care of this stuff, we had the cash to do it. thumb.gif I would still rather do something fun tho. tongue.gif
PM

grapfruit
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

We're going to visit my grandma in NJ. (not looking forward to the 12 hr car ride). While there we're going to stay a couple nights "Down the Shore". Surf City on Ling Beach Island.

I'm excited! Mostly for my grandma to meet Liam and see my fire pistol Isabelle again! It's been over a year since she's seen us.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

@Aims....you know I'm up for NYC!! I think we need to get part time jobs to support our travel habit!! smile.gif

@Tara...hmm, did you see my status last week about being a responsible adult...yeah, it SUCKS! Sorry to hear that but you have a good attitude about it.

@Casey....wow, 12 hrs in the car with 2 little ones.....so not my idea of vacation...haha. Are y'all going to try driving at night? I've wondered if that would be better for my horrible traveler (Andrew).

--------------------
user posted image
PM
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

July long weekend me and my mom is taking the girls and goign to see my sister and niece in kamloops, BC. 8 hour car ride... Marcus is staying home. Girls trip!!!

August long weekend my parents are taking me and marcus and the girls to Banff Alberta:)

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 02:57 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jun 20 2011, 09:06 PM)
I was JUST thinking that we should make this an annual thing.  Of course, I'm hoping for NYC next trip!  wink.gif

We are trying to plan a little getaway on the 4th b/c Scotty is soooooo exhausted and he knows we are dying to get out of the house.  But, planning the trip is even more exhausting b/c you know...he's not a planner!!!  And, we're trying to do it on a budget.  Which is never fun.

The kids want to go to Sea World, but they also want to go to a waterpark and tube down the river.  I think I've convinced them to give up Sea World this time (b/c it's so hot already).  Scotty would like nothing more than to get a cabin on the lake and stay there all weekend.  rolleyes.gif

No matter what we decide, it will be fun! and we'll be together! It will also be very last minute...b/c that's how we roll.

Hey Aimee, that's us too, lol. Rod is so not the planner, and it used to drive me nuts... still does a little. But since we have our own business, we try not to book too far in advance as we can't really afford to turn down business and we also don't want to be working our entire vacation either. Last year, we booked our condo in Myrtle Beach the night before we left, how's that for last minute? The good thing is that you can get some good deals that way.

Oh... to answer to original question, I believe we are going somewhere for July 4th, but not sure yet. We also want to go to the new lego land in FL sometime this fall.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

We went to Gettysburg/DC for Spring Break which was very unusual for us, so it's the usual Lake Erie fun for us. We're going over the 4th and a week in August. With baseball, summer camps, lessons and the paper route, we're pretty tied down in the summer. She's in Girl Scout Day Camp all week this week. It's the first time I've ever been able to talk her into going ans am so glad she had a blast yesterday. She's anxious to get going this morning.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Well I'm not doing too much but Mya will be everywhere!

Mya: trip to beach with her dad, trip to lake house with my parents, camping trip with us.
me: going to All Good again this year, then at some point I will be getting married..no clue when that will end up being due to $$ but I may just elope on this one..

Jon isnt planner either but it sounds like everyone has some great plans for a fun summer!

thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lesliesmom
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

We just got back from a week-long trip to Atlanta and Nashville. Only other trip planned is to take Leslie to choir camp 4th of July weekend. That is about an hour from her sister in Sault Ste. Marie, MI (5 hours from us) so we will go up on Saturday, take her to camp Sunday and return on the 4th. Not sure about the next weekend picking her up. I can't get time off work and pickup is at 10a, so unless we all leave at 4am to ensure we are up there in time, DH may go up with the kids on Friday and leave me to my own devices... LOL.

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

My husband is NOT a planner, so I plan it all and he just goes along with it. tongue.gif

We went on a 4 day camping trip Memorial day weekend to kick off summer. Then two weekends ago we did a weekend camp trip to Six Flags.

Tomorrow we leave for Kohler, Wisconsin. It's a work event, but I only have to be there for one 2 hour meeting and evening dinners, so we'll have plenty of time during the day to play around, go to the spa, etc. happy.gif We'll be back Saturday night.

Next weekend we'll take a 5 day trip down south to camp with all of Ryan's family to celebrate the 4th and my niece's birthday.

Megan and I have a mother/daughter camp trip the 3rd weekend of July.

The last weekend of July we are going on a camp trip to Mark Twain Lake - a resort/water park there.

In August, right before school starts we are taking a 6 day camp trip and go floating on the Meramac.

Then our next trip isn't until Christmas when we go out to Georgia for a week to visit family.

We hope to do a weekend trip to St. Louis somewhere before end of September to go play around and see a baseball game.

thumb.gif

ETA: We'll also take a 4 day trip to Chicago to play around (add on an evening work dinner in there) in early December.

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Jun 21 2011, 08:31 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Outer Banks, NC for a week with 5 other families.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Technically no where, but we're moving home, and since it's to the far west coast where we haven't been, I guess we're actually going somewhere.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jun 21 2011, 03:39 PM)

Have you been there before? Is there a lot for kids to do (other than the beach)? I looked into some vacation packages there but they all looked to be romantic honeymoon type stuff so I was wondering if there were more family oriented areas. Altough I wouldn't mind sneaking away with the dh, we're planning to do a family vacation.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Jun 21 2011, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jun 21 2011, 03:39 PM)

Have you been there before? Is there a lot for kids to do (other than the beach)? I looked into some vacation packages there but they all looked to be romantic honeymoon type stuff so I was wondering if there were more family oriented areas. Altough I wouldn't mind sneaking away with the dh, we're planning to do a family vacation.

The outter banks are AWESOME! If I could, I would go tomorrow. LOVE it there. We have been all up and down the coast there, and LOVED it. The Myrtle beach area has tons to do for kids, there is broadway at the beach that has a ripleys aquarium, and shopping, TONS of minigolf, There is the S.S. North Carolina in Wilmington, Beaufort is a cute little town, it has an awesome old cemetery there, and Black beards real house. The light houses are so cool, and they are dotted all up and down the coast. There is kittyhawk at nags head, you can see where the wright brothers make their first flight, and these HUGE sand dunes.

You are not going to have a disney world people dressed as characters type experience, but I have drug Ben and Al up and down that coast and they have had a blast!
PM
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,218

Well, my almost 8 yo has been spending a lot of time with Grandma this summer already. I start working on Thursday so I'll be busy with that and taking care of everyone and the house. We'll see how long it lasts because apparently my hubby is the most helpless man I've ever met in my life rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif .

Other than that, we aren't doing anything. If we do it will just be movies as my dh is a homebody and doesn't want to go any where, ever.

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

Both mine and Jeff's family reunions are in July, so Jeff is taking 20 days leave so we can drive there, enjoy our families and then drive back. We are going to try our best to drive straight through so we have those extra days for visiting but with our crazy baby, it may take longer. Wish us luck! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Dee Dee--we just got a LegoLand here, too! smile.gif I can't wait to take Ethan!!!

Mine and Naomi's getaway was postponed until November!! BUT, I get to FLY to New Orleans!!! banana.gif For FOUR NIGHTS!!! horray.gif AND--it's her BIRTHDAY!!! birthday.gif So we get to PARTY!!! party.gif
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jun 23 2011, 01:46 PM)
Dee Dee--we just got a LegoLand here, too! smile.gif I can't wait to take Ethan!!!

Mine and Naomi's getaway was postponed until November!! BUT, I get to FLY to New Orleans!!! banana.gif For FOUR NIGHTS!!! horray.gif AND--it's her BIRTHDAY!!! birthday.gif So we get to PARTY!!! party.gif

I would love to make it to Dallas to take Thomas this summer but I don't think it's going to happen.

YIPPEE for NOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so stinkin' excited, even though I have to wait 5 extra months to see you!!!!!!
party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif party.gif

I need a margarita smiley! cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0301 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]