Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How do I Handle This???, Emily
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Jun 8 2009, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

bawling.gif My baby is growing up so fast. It's hard to believe that she's 14, graduating from grade 8 and in the fall going to Highschool. She meet a boy at her school and they never actually dated because he moved. He now lives in the USA. They have been chatting for months now, really nice kid. Some problems with both parents (his mother lives where we are and his father lives in the USA). Anyway today 2 weeks before school will be over, 2 weeks before her graduation, he broke up with her. My heart is breaking for her. She is hurting so bad and there is nothing I can do to make this all better. No bandage or a kiss to make it all go away. Nothing can ever prepare a parent for this. First crush, first break-up. I'm just so sad for her! bawling.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jun 8 2009, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,419

hug.gif hug.gif Poor girl - there's really not much you can do for that. I would probably give her the "there's other fish in the sea" talk but I don't imagine that would be much comfort at her age.

It's nice to see you around though - how is everyone? hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jun 9 2009, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

That is tough... I remember mine still. About the same age, too. My parents didn't really say much to me bc I didn't let them know how heartbroken I was (at least I didn't think they knew, but being a parent now I realize they probably knew anyway!). My dad mentioned in passing that is was the boy's loss, and that if he wanted some other girl he was too stupid for me anyway. It wasn't a big "talk," just a few comments made while we were watching tv that afternoon. It took a while for it to make me feel better, but it did.
I hope she bounces back quickly. First break-ups are rough. sad.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Jun 9 2009, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I haven't dealt with it myself, but I think I would tell them about me getting broke up with.......Ah Emily, ya know when i was 15 years old I was dating a guy and he decided to break up with me, I was devastated, but then I realized etc etc..........I don't know but misery loves company

Poor girl!

hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 9 2009, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (moped @ Jun 9 2009, 09:38 AM)
I haven't dealt with it myself, but I think I would tell them about me getting broke up with.......Ah Emily, ya know when i was 15 years old I was dating a guy and he decided to break up with me, I was devastated, but then I realized etc etc..........I don't know but misery loves company

Poor girl!

hug.gif

That's probably what I'd do too. hug.gif

Kylie was dumped by her "boyfriend" earlier this year.....obviously 6.5 year olds don't really have boyfriends nor do I like even talking about it happy.gif . BUT she came home crying because the boy decided he liked her best friend instead. She was BALLING her eyes out and I gave her the "there are better fish in the sea" bit and explained to her that if he'd just dump her like that and go for her best friend, he's not worth it anyways, blah blah blah......THEN I gave her the speech she was TOO YOUNG to have a boyfriend and we weren't having this talk again until she's 30. laugh.gif

Just be there for her Kirsten and let her know it's normal, we ALL go through break-ups, and it might hurt now, but she WILL feel better some day and find someone new.

hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Jun 9 2009, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

There isn't a whole lot you can do. My ds (13) had his last gf dump him for another guy--totally humiliating. I tried to talk to him about it, but it only made him more uncomfortable. I was thinking of writing him a letter--sounds a little ludicrous to write a letter to someone living under the same roof, but I figured it'd be a way to get my point across in a more palatable manner for ds. Good luck!

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 9 2009, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

awwww I remember those days vividly, there really isn't you can do just be there for her, comfort her and remind that she is young and there are LOTS of boys out there

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
redchief
Posted: Jun 9 2009, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Erin just went through a break-up, but she was the dumper. Her ex has tried several times to contact her in an effort to patch things up, but Erin has already moved forward. On the whole Lisa and I are happy and Erin already has another romantic interest. Teen and young adult relationships are a necessary part of growing up. Break-ups are hard and the best thing I can think to do as parents is let them know we care about how they're feeling and try to be nonjudgmental.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Jun 19 2009, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

thumb.gif Thanks everyone, sorry I didn't reply right away!!! Emily is doing better now!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0124 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]