Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Told my DD about my depression yesterday!
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Nov 29 2003, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

happy.gif I was so nervous. Our Counselor sent Emily out of the room and we talked about how we were going to discuss things with her, he said to keep things at her level and let her ask a lot of questions. So we brought Emily back in and it went so well. She told us that she was very upset that everytime I was in the hospital she couldn't see me and she wanted to know if I would have to go back into the hospital. I explained to her that I didn't know if I would go back to the hospital, but that if I did I promised her that I would make better arrangments to see her. Our family counselor was wonderful though. It went so well and she didn't really have a lot of questions. Then our Counselor asked me to leave the room and read her a book about depression called "Can you Catch it Like a Cold" and talked to her about everything. It went really well. Next week we talk to Spencer about this and I'm hoping that it goes just was good! happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
5littleladies
Posted: Nov 29 2003, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

I'm so glad it went well for you!!! I hope things go as well with Spencer. smile.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
amynicole21
Posted: Nov 29 2003, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

That's great! I'm sure that now that she's had it explained, she'll feel a lot better. I hope the talk with Spencer goes well!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

A&A'smommy
Posted: Nov 29 2003, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

hey im really glad for you that all went so well with your dd!!! I hope things go just as well with Spencer!!!! grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
CantWait
Posted: Nov 29 2003, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

I'm glad it went so well for you guys. Hopefully next week goes just as good smile.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Nov 30 2003, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

That's great---I think kids do better with the truth than they do with wondering and worrying without information. This may put her mind at ease about your illness in some ways. Good luck with Spenser too! It's good that you're doing this. It will make you feel closer to your kids to know that they understand what is happening to you at least on some level.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Nov 30 2003, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

thumb.gif great news. i am glad it went so well and i hope it goes just as well with Spencer. i agree with Dan's mom that kids do better with the truth. kids have a tendency to internalize these type of things and think they did something wrong to cause this and the simple facts prove to them that is not true. Keep us posted grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0225 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]