Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Present for 12 year old. girl bday?
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Now, my niece's birthday is coming up. April 9th. What do 12 year old girls like? I think she is into clothes and music... at least it seems that way to me. What do they like these days? MUDD? Abercrombie still in?

I feel soo old. I remember when I was 12, someone that was 20 yrs old was ancient!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
madaise
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

My daughter loves makeup (mellow stuff only), hair stuff (gels, glitters), body glitter, lotions, bath yummies... I, personally, would not try to buy clothes, even for my own dd.. she totally has her own style. (Hates Abercrombie, btw, but that's her) Maybe tanks or flip-flops.. but I wouldnt' buy pants or shorts. Music is a personlized thing too.. unless you *know* who she likes or what she likes, *I* wouldn't recommend it.
Maybe a pretty journal (Books and Co & and BN have some really pretty ones), stationery... I love girlie shopping... so fun!

--------------------
Judi
momma to Cas, Em, Tege, Jordan & Ry
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
supermom
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Yep - ditto on what Madaise said - that about covers it for my girls too - and they still like to get that kind of stuff, even at 14 and 16. If you want to do clothes, how about a gift card somewhere that's a cool shop (so many are regional, I don't know if they have like Deb and Cato there where you are, but that's where my girls like to go and shop). Also my girls like cool pens, like different colored gel pens, because they are always writing notes to their friends, so those along with stationary....or maybe some costume jewelry, too -

And speaking of ancient, my oldest turns 18 in exactly one week - now *that* makes someone feel old!

And don't trust anyone over 30 rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

ashade75
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 6

MommytoAshley,

If your neice you are talking about is Brittany then she is definitely original.

You hit it on the nose, Clothes and Music. She is a clothes freak (preppy, sporty, alternative, you name it she'll wear it). Her goal in life is to wear a different outfit and hairdo everyday of the week.

Her favorite store is Limited Too, but it is a bit pricy. She also loves Mudd and Aeropastle. They opened an outlet for Areopastle at the Jeffersonville mall.

She also likes all of the above from madiase and supermom. Makeup (like lip gloss an nail polish), gel pens stc. Just girlie stuff.

But she would be happy with anything.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterICQ

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]