Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dizzy and in bed
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
  Posted: Jan 2 2007, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Yesterday I was in bed all day! I'm not kidding...thankfully DH was still off work. I had a couple glasses of wine New Years Eve, but I didn't go to bed even buzzed...but the next morning I couldn't even get out of bed. Everytime I tried, I would lose my balance, felt dizzy, sweaty and nauseous. I never vommited. I thought maybe I had food poisoning since I ate a little chicken the day before that smelled funny. But again, I never threw up or had the runs. Just dizzy and sorta hung over feeling. I really don't know what it was...I even took a PT today just to be sure and it was neg. unsure.gif

I'm still taking my Lexapro, so maybe it's just the drugs??? Anyone have this problem with anti-dep meds? I'm still not feeling 100% today...my head is still a bit dizzy, but I can at least get up!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Jan 2 2007, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

Don't know, Rae. Are there any contraindications for Lexapro and alcohol? Glad you feel a bit better. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 2 2007, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (MyBrownEyedBoy @ Jan 2 2007, 06:41 PM)
Don't know, Rae. Are there any contraindications for Lexapro and alcohol? Glad you feel a bit better. hug.gif

that was my question too.

Hope you feel better soon!
PM

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 2 2007, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (MyBrownEyedBoy @ Jan 2 2007, 06:41 PM)

blush.gif blush.gif Yes...blush...it says not to drink alcohol with this drug... blush.gif blush.gif But I had alcohol in the past while on it, not a lot, and never had that side effect. I seriously felt like I was about to pass out! Anyhow, I'm going to try and not drink for awhile...sorta a new years resolution, but I like a glass of wine now and then just to take the edge off...you know, end of the day type thing. Ugh. rolleyes.gif

That's probably it.... wink.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Jan 2 2007, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Well I hope you feel back to 100% soon.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 2 2007, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I'm sorry, Rae. hug.gif I hope you feel better soon.

I'm not a huge drinker, but I like a cocktail every now and then, too. I totally understand where you are coming from. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
sparkys2boys
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 05:02 AM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Member No.: 6,128

I am thinking it's the meds mixed with the booze also. Maybe call the pharmacy and ask what the effects could be if this happended. Hope your feeling better soon!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Rae, It's definitely the drugs mixed with the booze. Everytime I have more than a glass of wine, I wake up the next day and my whole day seems out of focus, like my head is slow, it seems like I'm going to fall over, my vision is kinda blurry but not really, more like my vision isn't quite catching up to how fast I move my head... lol

It's like moving in slow motion, underwater, and your head is throbbing but not painfully.

It's a side effect of the meds I'm on too. wacko.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Jan 3 2007, 08:12 AM)
Rae, It's definitely the drugs mixed with the booze. Everytime I have more than a glass of wine, I wake up the next day and my whole day seems out of focus, like my head is slow, it seems like I'm going to fall over, my vision is kinda blurry but not really, more like my vision isn't quite catching up to how fast I move my head... lol

It's like moving in slow motion, underwater, and your head is throbbing but not painfully.

It's a side effect of the meds I'm on too. wacko.gif

Okay, well you described my symtoms to a T...so that's it, huh? Bummer, I like wine! tongue.gif But I'm going to jump on the wagon for awhile (not that I ever drank a lot)...but it's for the best. The feeling was AWFUL!!!! growl.gif Thanks everyone!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Sorry Sweetie!

laugh.gif

It"s a weird feeling. Like being drunk without having drank. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Jan 3 2007, 11:06 PM)
Sorry Sweetie!

laugh.gif

It"s a weird feeling. Like being drunk without having drank. rolleyes.gif

Thanks Rocky! Yeah, I had a bit of it this morning too without having anything to drink since New Years Eve...so I thought that was strange. If it continues, I may ask my doc for something new. DH hasn't felt that great either and he's not taking drugs, so it could also be a touch of the flu. We will see, but glad to know that it is a normal symptom from the drugs.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I wouldn't discount the possibility of an intestional virus. We all had one last week- and it was the exact same symptoms you describe- dizziness, nausea, diahhrea- the whole 9 yds. Some of us had vomiting with it, some didn't- but the consistent symptom was a bloated, nauseous feeling that hung around for a good 4-5 days.
I take paxil, as you know, and I believe it's in the same class of drugs as lexapro. While I know you aren't supposed to drink, I believe that means in a habitual sense. Having a few drinks here and there is not going to hurt you. Trust me, I've been doing it for over 10 yrs.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jan 4 2007, 04:44 PM)
Having a few drinks here and there is not going to hurt you. Trust me, I've been doing it for over 10 yrs.

Well that's good to know Jeanne, thanks...because I'm going out with a couple girlfriends on Sat and I would like a glass of wine gosh darnit! So much for new years resolutions...four days...and already out the door!! laugh.gif

Wil and I had been sick for about two weeks, but just with a nasty cold...so it may just be the end of that. Or maybe I have picked something new up, especially since DH is having slight symptoms too. Thanks for reassuring me... thumb.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
amberlynnie
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,866

I was put on lexapro once a few years ago, and decided that the crazy side affects I felt were worse than the reason I was put on it. dry.gif
Once, I was driving down the street and all of the sudden I had no clue where I was and what I was doing. wacko.gif Pretty scarey with 2 little ones in the car with me. sad.gif
That was the end of the drug for me!

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (amberlynnie @ Jan 10 2007, 12:56 AM)
I was put on lexapro once a few years ago, and decided that the crazy side affects I felt were worse than the reason I was put on it. dry.gif
Once, I was driving down the street and all of the sudden I had no clue where I was and what I was doing. wacko.gif Pretty scarey with 2 little ones in the car with me. sad.gif
That was the end of the drug for me!

That's interesting to know! Scary thought actually...

Well I went out with the girls last Sat like I said in my last response and had two glasses of wine and felt AWFUL the next day...was almost in bed all day again...so obviously the alcohol has something to do with it. But I also went to a doctor yesterday and found out that I have a sinus infection. So that's why I'm having flu symptoms and have had a cold three times in the last month. So it's a combo I guess.

I'm sticking to Lexapro for now, but I think I'm going to quit the booze for awhile, just to be on the safe side. wink.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0332 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]