Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pnumonia
mommymommy
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,810

My 17 month old is getting over pnumonia..She is doing well now, but was in the hospital Thrusday through Sunday of last week..
I've been keeping her inside, giving her lots of fluids and doing my best to have her take it easy..Which isn't the easiet feet for an active toddler!
However, her doctor said when she was released that she should just take it easy for a few days..
I am not taking her outside quite yet because A) I don't want her to wear her self out and cool.gif though she's on antibiotics which she'll finish in 2 days, I don't want to take the chance that she'll pass this on to someone else's child..

My question is this:
Have your children ever had pnumonia? How long after did you let them outside to play?
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

I dont have any answers but hug.gif it sucks when kids are sick sad.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
momofone
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

i would say when she is done with medicine and seems like herself again. once she is done with meds she shouldn't be contagious anymore.
PMEmail Poster

PrairieMom
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

She's probably fine now. I believe 48 hours on antibiotics is all that is required before a child can return to school, so if she feels up to it, let her go. Actually, walking/moving is TONS better for her lungs that just sitting around.
PM
jcc64
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I had pneumonia as a child, but that was a very long time ago. I was sick for a very long time, but I had a strain that did not respond to antibiotics. All I remember about it is that I used to tire very easily, even after I was considered to be recovered. Whatever you decide, just allow for plenty of rest after a lot of activity.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Emilie had it a while ago... and the doc told us that the day she starts antibiotics to keep her home... but the next day, if she was up to it, she could go to school and play

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Mine have never had it, I just wanted to say Get well soon
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0142 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]