Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Why do some moms think breastfeeding is gross?
Chrstn4ptsrc2me
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,732

I just don't get it. Or they choose to use formula so they can continue with their lifestyle of what they had before getting pregnant such as partying EVERY weekend.
PMEmail Poster
holley79
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

I am a breastfeeding mom by choice. There are some moms who chose not to breastfeed and that is totally their choice.

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
3xsthefun
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 227

Well I am a FF mom by choice. By no means do I think breast feeding is gross. It was just not for me, and I didn't do it so I could go out and party.

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN

ediep
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

QUOTE (WVmommie @ Jan 22 2007, 12:37 PM)
Well I am a FF mom by choice. By no means do I think breast feeding is gross. It was just not for me, and I didn't do it so I could go out and party.

same here

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I will stand up and say, that I think BF is gross. tongue.gif I'm pretty much grossed out by all body fluids tho, and the thought that someone is living off of something that my body secreats is strange and yucky to me.
That being said, I Tried but failed BF my 1st child and went through a terrible depression afterwards, and was determined to BF my second because I know that it is what is best for them, and ultimately me in the long run. I struggled with it for nearly 6 months before finally switching to formula. I went through a huge depression after that too.
I would just have to turn my brain off a bit and not over analyze things like I would normally do. Even though I think it is gross, it was a wonderful positive experience's for me, and even with all the struggles I went though, I would definitely BF again. (if I get the chance)

In the end it is an individual decision. Plenty of babies have been raised perfectly healthy on formula. I would never judge a mothers love for her child or parenting skills on if she BF or FF.
PM
moped
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (Chrstn4ptsrc2me @ Jan 22 2007, 09:20 AM)
I just don't get it. Or they choose to use formula so they can continue with their lifestyle of what they had before getting pregnant such as partying EVERY weekend.

Are you assuming that because people don't BF they go out to party...?

I both BF and FF - for many reasons.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
cameragirl21
Posted: Jan 22 2007, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

idk, i think everyone has to do whatever works best for them. there are advantages to both bf and ff. i don't think ff is done because moms want to party and if a bf mom wants to party, she can pump and leave the bm for someone else to feed the baby just the same as an ff mom.
in the end, every mom wants what's best for her baby and has good reasons for whatever decisions she makes with regard to bf vs ff. IMO it's never good to judge because you never know why people make these choices. wink.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
Paprikash
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,335

We have a can of Enfamil Lipil in the house and Sarah has had a few bottles of it when I'm not around because I don't enjoy pumping. Not a big deal in my opinion. And I don't drink....I didn't before Sarah was born either.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I could not breastfeed. And I do not think that it is gross. And I do not party every weekend.

This post has been edited by lisar on Feb 13 2007, 07:39 AM
PMEmail Poster
~*Just Me*~
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (cameragirl21 @ Jan 22 2007, 04:00 PM)
idk, i think everyone has to do whatever works best for them. there are advantages to both bf and ff. i don't think ff is done because moms want to party and if a bf mom wants to party, she can pump and leave the bm for someone else to feed the baby just the same as an ff mom.
in the end, every mom wants what's best for her baby and has good reasons for whatever decisions she makes with regard to bf vs ff. IMO it's never good to judge because you never know why people make these choices. wink.gif

blink.gif I didn't know there were any advantages to formula feeding. Want to share those? Exactly how is it better than breastfeeding?
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

QUOTE (Chrstn4ptsrc2me @ Jan 22 2007, 08:20 AM)

I'm this person isn't judging EVERYONE that ff I actually do know several couples who have done what they said but I'm sure they KNOW that not everyone ff because they think bf is gross or for their wild lifestyles wink.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lesliesmom
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

I FF. I tried BF my first and quit after I didn't produce enough. PLUS I was going back to work at 6 weeks and there was no private place in my office or building I could pump. I don't think BF is gross. I enjoyed it and wished I could have continued. Also, I'm sure there are a number of moms who are BFing and still party a bit more than they should.

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
HuskerMom
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

QUOTE (~*Just Me*~ @ Feb 13 2007, 10:34 AM)
idk, i think everyone has to do whatever works best for them.  there are advantages to both bf and ff.  i don't think ff is done because moms want to party and if a bf mom wants to party, she can pump and leave the bm for someone else to feed the baby just the same as an ff mom.
in the end, every mom wants what's best for her baby and has good reasons for whatever decisions she makes with regard to bf vs ff.  IMO it's never good to  judge because you never know why people make these choices. wink.gif

blink.gif I didn't know there were any advantages to formula feeding. Want to share those? Exactly how is it better than breastfeeding?

I don't think ff is better than bf but that's just the choice some moms make. I tried to bf but wasn't producing enough bm so now I ff and Keith is doing fine and he's just as healthy as he was before on bm. And just like bf can be convenient so is ff. There's no pumping, you can do it in public and no one will look at you weird.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
cameragirl21
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

QUOTE (~*Just Me*~ @ Feb 13 2007, 08:34 AM)
idk, i think everyone has to do whatever works best for them.  there are advantages to both bf and ff.  i don't think ff is done because moms want to party and if a bf mom wants to party, she can pump and leave the bm for someone else to feed the baby just the same as an ff mom.
in the end, every mom wants what's best for her baby and has good reasons for whatever decisions she makes with regard to bf vs ff.  IMO it's never good to  judge because you never know why people make these choices. wink.gif

idk, i don't think any ff mother should have to defend her decision, just as i don't think any bf mother should have to defend her decision.
every mother wants what is best for her baby and that is the bottom line.
no need to attack the ff moms or assume they are just big partiers, you really don't know why moms make the feeding decisions that they make, do you? wink.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Well some moms do, my step-sister did this. Course, her kids seem to be slightly..er... delayed in many departments. Could be the formula... but i think it was more the smoking, drinking and drugs she did before she got pregnant, while she was pregnant, and still does. sleep.gif

I b-fed all 3 of my kids... but I remember with my first, i was a little freaked out because it felt nice. Not nice in a sexual way... just nice. And I didn't like to think that my baby nursing felt nice... i had a lot of issues there...

but it seems that the nice feeling is what can ve described as an incredibly relaxing bonding moment between mother and baby. I overcame the freaky thoughts and b-fed my other two kids, with less problems. biggrin.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Jan 22 2007, 02:16 PM)
I will stand up and say, that I think BF is gross.  tongue.gif I'm pretty much grossed out by all body fluids tho, and the thought that someone is living off of something that my body secreats is strange and yucky to me.

dito.gif

But I still choose to BF, and that's my choice. One shouldn't criticize others for their choices in life. If others think it's gross and don't want to BF, then fine. Who cares? All that matters is what you decide to do for yourself and your child. Others can do whatever with their own kids and it shouldn't be any concern of anyone elses.

This post has been edited by MyLuvBugs on Feb 13 2007, 10:57 AM

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
holley79
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Jan 22 2007, 02:16 PM)
I will stand up and say, that I think BF is gross. tongue.gif I'm pretty much grossed out by all body fluids tho, and the thought that someone is living off of something that my body secreats is strange and yucky to me.

I think it's funny that you said this because I thought the same thing when I had my milk come in. I was like I can't believe a baby is going to "eat" this and be healthy. rolling_smile.gif I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Jamison'smama
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

Hmmm, do you think maybe the original poster was attempting to get people riled up? This was their first post and they've not responded. At least this stayed nice and calm.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Feb 13 2007, 01:17 PM)
Well some moms do, my step-sister did this. Course, her kids seem to be slightly..er... delayed in many departments. Could be the formula... but i think it was more the smoking, drinking and drugs she did before she got pregnant, while she was pregnant, and still does. sleep.gif

I think that could be the reason. Not the fact that she FF.

Raygen's ICU Dr. told me that the formula she was on had the same amount of calories in it as breast milk. And we could monitor the amount she was getting. My milk came in and went away very quickly before she was even allowed to be feed. The dr told me not to freak out about not being able to bf. And with Lexi I had so many complications that some of the meds they had to give me after her c-section that I couldnt bf cause it would be transmitted to her thru the bf. So I never really had a choice with them. And seems how there will not be anymore children I will never know.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Feb 13 2007, 04:43 PM)
Hmmm, do you think maybe the original poster was attempting to get people riled up? This was their first post and they've not responded. At least this stayed nice and calm.

Cause we are mature adults who can have a debate without getting all mad each other. And you do have a point about the person who started this post.
PMEmail Poster
Jamison'smama
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

My point was, many times people come onto boards and attempt to start trouble just for fun. This has happened on this board more than once. Yes we are mature adults but we all know that some subjects bring out strong feelings.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Feb 13 2007, 04:43 PM)

I was going to say the same thing. You beat me to it! laugh.gif
PM
mummy2girls
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

I want to breastfeed but i FF with my dd.. more so because im messed up mentally by what happened with my son so i am worried if i breast feed the child wont eat. I know it sounds very odd and an excuse but believe me its not. i want to try my hardest with my next one but like i said im not sure if i can do it... sleep.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Feb 13 2007, 03:51 PM)
My point was, many times people come onto boards and attempt to start trouble just for fun. This has happened on this board more than once. Yes we are mature adults but we all know that some subjects bring out strong feelings.

THat is exactly what I was worried about!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (JennasMommy @ Feb 13 2007, 06:42 PM)
I want to breastfeed but i FF with my dd.. more so because im messed up mentally by what happened with my son so i am worried if i breast feed the child wont eat. I know it sounds very odd and an excuse but believe me its not. i want to try my hardest with my next one but like i said im not sure if i can do it... sleep.gif

Totally understandable honey!!! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0163 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]