Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Another newbie here! And advice requested..., new member intro and advice request
blooms21ca
Posted: Mar 13 2006, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,423

Hi! I am Karen, and my sister Lisa had a baby, Lana, on December 6, 2005. I am helping her look for a message board for community and advice. (My youngest is 3 and I forget all the baby details already!)
Anyway, I wanted to say hello and introduce myself and then ask a couple of things for her. She may join you herself someday...
1. I have two sons, Micah (6) and Jonah (3). I am a stay at home mom who tutors high school math (used to be a math teacher). I love to dance, read (belong to two book clubs), and spend time with my family. My husband is a rabbi so we are often busy with temple commitments.
2. Does anyone's baby still have cradle cap? Lana still has it and my sister Lisa hasn't yet tried the Selson Blue but has used baby oil and was wondering if anyone else had any other tips.
3. Unexplained crying. Lana has been a great and easy baby so far but on Friday night and Saturday evening had lengthy unexplained crying fits. For the first time ever, Lisa couldn't calm her down and couldn't figure out what was wrong. What do you think? We have some theories -- overstimulation, tummy distress, etc. but no clear ideas. Thoughts and ideas for comforting would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance for reading and I look forward to "meeting" you.
Karen, Mommy to Micah (6) and Jonah(3) and Aunt to Lana (12/6/05)
PMEmail Poster
1lilpeanut2love
Posted: Mar 13 2006, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Lot of candles for Spencer! Praying he gets better soon!

Member No.: 3,094

hismiley.gif and welcome.gif !! Glad you found this board. Hope you like it here. I am Jocelyn a SAHM to Kaylee Brynn a beautiful 10-month old babygirl. I am not sure of the cradle cap. My daughter never really had it. I say maybe uses a kit they sell at like target or use one of those brushes. As for the crying maybe she is teething. They are definitely in lots and lots of pain when a tooth may be coming in. HTH. Hope your sis joins in the future too. Come here for any questions or advice you and/or your sis need. See you around!!!!!!!!!!
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Mar 13 2006, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Hi and Welcome! I'm Monica, SAHM of a 2 year old and 4yo twins. I would say use the kit for the cradle cap, my youngest had a stubborn case but the kit cleared it right up. The crying, I would guess tummy first, just b/c that was the most common culprit for me when mine were that age, next bet would be the over tired. At that age (3-4mos, right?) they can tire so easily!

Glad you found PC, hope to see you and your sister around more!
PMEmail Poster

NEWMOM05
Posted: Mar 13 2006, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,294

Hi Welocme, I'm Peggy and my daughter is almost 3 months. She has cradle cap and the Dr. just recommended Selsun Blue. We got it and used it twice so far. So far she still has it, but they said it might be a little while. Kathryn cried like that today. I stood up with here and held her facing forward and danced that seemed to help her tummy. Also, try mylicon drops if it is suspected gas. Hope that helps your sis can e-mail me anytime since our babies are so close in age we could help eachother. Kathryn was born Dec 20, 2005.

My E-mail is goodgirltink@hotmail.com

--------------------
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Mar 16 2006, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

wavey.gif welcome!

my first dd had cradle cap forever!! only thing that worked was baby oil and a comb after a bath wacko.gif not sure about the unexplained crying. could be coming down with something, getting new teeth, something might have recently happened (like the dog scared her or something), could be anything really. your sis would have a better idea than anyone since she knows baby best. look forward to getting to know you better smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 16 2006, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

wavey.gif
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0288 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]