Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This is just a phase, right?, only wanting mommy
1moremakes4
Posted: Dec 14 2005, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,446

Hi everyone. I don't know if I've posted here before.
I have a 7 week old and the last few days she has wanted me all the time. I'll bf her and she'll eat really well so she should be content, but I can't put her down for more than a few minutes without her crying horribly. Today I made lunch for myself and my 3 yr old with the baby in a snuggly. She has slept in my arms today more than in her crib. I'll pass her off to my husband when he gets home and try to do things around the house, but it's not long before I hear "I think she's hungry". Last night I told him that she had just eaten really well, so he needed to deal with her.
This is really starting to stress me out. Any advice or tips to help me get this nipped in the bud before it gets too bad? sad.gif
Thanks,
Beth

--------------------
Beth
Wife to Tripp, mommy to Taylor and Kamryn
user posted imageuser posted image

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mom2tripp
Posted: Dec 14 2005, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

My little man

Member No.: 1,846

This is just my opinion but she's only 7 weeks old, she still needs to be really close to you. She needs to feel that warmth and just be around you bc she was inside your womb for 9 months! Yes, of course she will grow out of it but it is WAY too early for that JMHO

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Dec 14 2005, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

You should talk to Rocky (ZenMommy) I think her little one has been doing the same thing lately. smile.gif It is just a phase, and don't be afraid to put the kid down and let them cry for a bit so you can get some mommy time in. That really helped me. hug.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website

jacobsmama
Posted: Dec 14 2005, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

she is so little that she still needs that I think...I wouldn't worry about it becoming habit right now...but soon enough she will want to be on own more..treasure it now...but also get some mommy time and if she has to cry abit that is ok too! wub.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
1moremakes4
Posted: Dec 14 2005, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,446

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I guess it is too soon to think that this will last forever. I don't think I would mind it so much except that I feel like I'm neglecting my older daughter by spending so much time with the baby. She's been a trooper, but then there are times when she'll say or do something that lets me know she's frustrated. And my house is a disaster. I try to get things done when my husband comes home, but that time doesn't last long. It will pass....I just need to hang in there.

--------------------
Beth
Wife to Tripp, mommy to Taylor and Kamryn

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Dec 14 2005, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

She may also be going through a growth spurt right now, think demand feeding. If you truly don't want it to become habit, don't be afraid to put her down and let her cry for a bit. She's still small though, so I wouldn't worry about it to much.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
CAMSMOM1
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Member No.: 2,907

I agree with the other posts, that she is still very young and needing to be with you. And that she is going through a growth spurt, and maybe be feeding around the clock for awhile. I also breastfeed my son, and the hard part is not being able to have my DH feed him and give me a break. You said you held her in a carrier/Snuggle when you cooked dinner and she feel asleep...maybe try a bouncer or a swing, where she feels swaddled and you can still have your hands free. I know that my son loved the swing, he slept in it for the first 4 months. That's the only place he would sleep besides in my arms. I had the swing that would rock side to side. Babies are using to be rocked, since they felt that in the womb.
Once she gets past the growth spurt, she won't be feeding as much and probably won't be so clingy.
But like the other women said, it's something I wish I could go back and do all over again. Now that my son is 20 months old, and very independant...I don't get enough cuddling!
And don't worry about your dirty house. You have a lot to deal with right now, and if the dishes don't get done...no biggy. I used to stress about this when he was a newborn, but I had to remember that he and my family were my 1st priority, and all other things can wait. If your DH can't help by holding the baby, ask him to help around the house. This will relieve some of the stress.
Try the bouncer or swing. This may give you a few min. to yourself.
Ann

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0136 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]