Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hitting the 6 mos mark!
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

So Wesley turns 6 months on the 20th and he's still nursing strong! thumb.gif I have tried a little rice cereal, peas and sweet potato, but he wants NOTHING to do with them. I know some people BF exclusively for a year, but how do you keep up your milk supply for so long? Especially if that's all your baby is taking? I think my supply is okay...could be better. He goes to bed around 7pm and gets up only once around 4am to nurse, and then eats every 4-5 hours throughout the day. I think his weight is good, but we will know for sure at his 6 mos appt in two weeks.

Anyhow, any pointers for a baby who doesn't want solids? Wil gobbled cereal up at 4 months! Wesley spits it all out. Need advice on how to keep my supply up too. TIA

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

Are you mixing the cereal with some breastmilk? That might make it taste better to him. Does he like fruits like bananas or appricots?

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (MyLuvBugs @ Dec 7 2006, 12:15 PM)
Are you mixing the cereal with some breastmilk? That might make it taste better to him. Does he like fruits like bananas or appricots?

I tried a little BM in the cereal the other night and he took a little. It had to be super watered-down...he gags if it's at all thick. But he really could careless about it. I don't want to really try fruits yet. Only because I'm afraid that's all he will take. I'm just thinking maybe he's not ready...but I'm not sure.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

BabyOwen427
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

just make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your supply up. he doesn't need to rush into solids. my ds is 7mts and he only gets solids like once a day he loves bm too. there is no rush to wean to solids so take your time and enjoy the closeness. congrats on 6 months! wub.gif

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
holley79
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

Annika didn't really become interested until about 8 month, then she became a gobble monster.

Drink plenty of water. That's about all you can do except taking some supplements.

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0102 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]