Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Skin Problems
lovemy2
Posted: Jan 26 2009, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Ugh ever since I had my tubes tied and went off the pill my skin is a MESS - I breakout and they aren't just little pimples - I look like a 15 year old with a bad case of acne - what the heck - I am sure its because I am off the pill but what do I do about it? I am half tempted to call my OB and go back on the pill or something just to keep my skin clear - but I am old....well old for the pill anyway - so HELP - my skin has always been perfect.....................

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jan 26 2009, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

What are you using, eating etc? Tell us!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 27 2009, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Same problem here, when I was on bc my skin was great and for the last five years it's been worse than any high schooler growl.gif

Lately I've been using the Alpha Hydrox face wash and 10% gel, I think it's helping. It's gotten a little worse because it makes your skin "purge" but at the same time, I think it's getting better too if that makes sense. The only place I found it was at Ulta, do you have one nearby? The stuff is pretty inexpensive to begin with but Ulta right now has 20% off coupons too....I think it's definitely worth a shot.

You might also try the Queen Helen Mint Julep mask, super cheap at any drug store once or twice a week.

I have some friends who swear by the Neutrogena anti-blemish and stress acne lines too.

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Jan 27 2009, 07:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: Jan 27 2009, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

My face got worse after the hysterectomy. I just make sure and keep it clean. Although that doesnt always work either
PMEmail Poster
sharonbaker
Posted: Jul 29 2011, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,452

Use olive oil at the place of lotion.... It is best for skin...
PMEmail Poster
mhsteele
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,448

I am having acne issues due to hormonal problems as well. It seems to really hit hard on the cheeks and jawline Believe it or not, Proactiv works the best for me. I can be having major skin issues that will improve greatly within 2 days. The trick is to use the stuff as directed and not just when you are having breakouts. Hope this may work for you too.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

lol, hemorrhoid cream. Really. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
elizabethdennis
Posted: Dec 18 2012, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 24,004

Usually changes in the skin results from your body’s hormonal changes. But since you only had your tubes tied and you did not do anything with your ovaries (which are the ones responsible for your hormones), then I think this is not the main cause of the problem. I suggest you visit your doctor so you could know what the underlying cause of your skin problem is.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0213 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]