Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Baby Story, Sorry it took so long :(
moxee24
  Posted: Jan 18 2006, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,269

OK... I think I posted that I had a girl...We named her CAMBRIA HARLEY. She weighed 8 pounds 14.5 ounces and was 21.5 inches long. She was born on December 22nd at 4:14 am.

I was due on Dec 19th...I went to my Dr. appt on the 21st and was told when the Dr. checked me that I was still 3cm dilated and fully efaced, but that as much as he would like to induce me that he was unable to, due to the fact that the maternity ward was FULL!!! The only way that I was going to have the baby tonight was to come into thee hospital in labor. I had to wait until I was having contractions 4-5 mins apart for 2 hours or more. So I had to go home mad.gif That was at 5:30 pm. By the time I got home i was having contractions about 15 mins apart and not even real strong. I have been living with my parentsthrough out my PG, so my mom told me that if I started having contractions stronger and closer together then I should wake her up and we would go to the hospital. Well by 12:30 I was having contractions about 6-10 mins apart and they were getting stronger and were all in my back. So, I woke up my mom so she would have time to wake up and not start to panic (she does that real easy rolleyes.gif ) Well we decided to try and take my mind off it and played cards for alittle bit. By 2:00 am my contractions were 4-5 mins apart andreally strong now. So we decided that wew were not waiting for 2 hours to go to that hospital. So we got ready to go and by 2:30 am as we were on our way to the hospital my contractions were 2-3 mins apart. We got to the hospital and into my room around 3:00 am. The nurses started getting me all hooked up to everything and told me that the Dr. would be there in a little bit to check me. Well by then my contractions were really close and really strong, so I told Denise that she needed to go and tell the nurses that I wanted something for the pain through my I.V. (I'm a wuse, no needles in my back tongue.gif ) Well before she could leave the room I had another contraction and when it was done I looked at her and said "That was weird, it almost felt like I wanted to push" She went and got the nurse and told them that I was having the sensation of wanting to push and they told her that they would be right there to check me. Well before they could even come and check I was wanting to push. So this time Denise told them they HAD to come and check because I wanted to push. Well this got them running...the Dr. hadn't even been in to check me yet. Well when the nurse came in and checked the baby's head was right there, but they told me not to push because I was only dialated to 7.5 cm!! Now the Dr. comes in and everything really starts to happen fast. (they were not quite prepared for things to go so fast wacko.gif ) At this point my water still hadn't even broke yet! Well, I had another contraction and then my water broke and I pushed once and then out she came!!! Surprised everyone when the Dr. says "IT'S A GIRL!!!" I couldn't believe my ears! I was so happy biggrin.gif !!!
The Dr. and nurses checked her out and got me all cleaned up and were even more surpised that I still only dialated to 7.5 cm and didn't need any stiches! I got very lucky on that one tongue.gif
I had to spend 2 days in the hospital (I was group strep b positive) but was able to go home on Christmas Eve (Merry Christmas).

My Webpage

--------------------
~*~*~Jaimie~*~*~

baby

babies
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
moped
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

That is a great story - you make it sound not as bad as I think it is - LOL

Congrats on Cambria!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

wow amazing! sounds almost just like my birth happy.gif i only made it to 8cm and my water didn't break either. Cambria is a beautiful name. congrats and hope to see pics soon hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

Mom2Boyz
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 337

Congratulations!!!!! and I LOVE her name wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

WOW thats a great story!!! CONGRATULATIONS again!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Wow, WTG! thumb.gif Congrats on your new baby girl, too! love2.gif
PMEmail Poster
CAMSMOM1
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Member No.: 2,907

Congradulations on your little_angel.gif

I just LOVE the name you picked: CAMBRIA HARLEY wub.gif

CAMBRIA...is the name of a city on the ocean of California. I always loved that name, and it's a beautiful ocean...just thought I'd share that bit of info.

HARLEY....love that one too! My friend named her little girl Harley, and I've always liked that name.

So good choice on the name! thumb.gif And I'm glad everything went good. Enjoy your little one! wub.gif

Ann sunflower.gif

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
PMEmail PosterAOL
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

Congrats
and i love the name Cambria

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Halo42101
Posted: Feb 11 2006, 03:37 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,035

Congratulations! You were sure strong and brave to have endured all that you did that night. Your baby girl is beautiful... definitely Heaven sent.

Hugs & best wishes from,
Jessi
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0125 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]