Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 90 minute workout!
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I took a 90 minute class at my gym today! I feel GREAT!! It was three 30 minute sessions - first NIA, then hi-lo aerobics, then weight conditioning! I did the same Christmas Eve. Burning off some calories before wine tonight! tongue.gif

Anyone else workout today? If so, what do you do?

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Holy! blink.gif I think I'd drop dead tongue.gif

I worked out yesterday... typical rotation of weight machines and a 30min treadmill walk at a really high incline that makes my bootie ache. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Calimama
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

I do everyday, but I REALLY need to switch it up. I usually run 2 miles and then ride my exercise bike 2 miles.. but lately it doesn't FEEL like it's doing anything. No burn.. nothing. dry.gif
PMEmail Poster

Brias3
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Dec 31 2007, 01:21 PM)
I do everyday, but I REALLY need to switch it up. I usually run 2 miles and then ride my exercise bike 2 miles.. but lately it doesn't FEEL like it's doing anything. No burn.. nothing. dry.gif

I've gotten to that point too. I've been horrible about getting to the Y where I take classes, but I've been consistently running about 3-4 miles four times a week. I used to HATE running but now have gotten into a good routine of it, only problem is that I'm not feeling the "burn" like you said!

I think I need to add more variety to my routine, but I'm already on limited time to workout so its hard!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

When the weather lets me I ride Johns Bike about 6 miles a day or so .... its been more so smile.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Nah... i do some yoga now and then, that's about it.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

um... I carried laundry baskets up 3 flights of stairs... does that count?

I gotta ask, WTH is wrong with you people? huh.gif i do not run unless someone is chasing me with a weapon, and the only weights I lift are my kids. laugh.gif i am not one of those people that feel really good after a work out. I'm usually sweaty, tired, hot, stinky and just plain annoyed that I worked out.

This post has been edited by PrairieMom on Dec 31 2007, 02:00 PM
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I love our total conditioning class (90mins). But I have to work up to it. There's no way I could take it right now. laugh.gif

I'm going to start back to the gym when the kids are back in school next week. I can't wait!!! It won't take me long to become addicted again. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Dec 31 2007, 04:57 PM)

I gotta ask, WTH is wrong with you people? huh.gif i do not run unless someone is chasing me with a weapon, and the only weights I lift are my kids. laugh.gif i am not one of those people that feel really good after a work out. I'm usually sweaty, tired, hot, stinky and just plain annoyed that I worked out.

rolling_smile.gif You crack me up Tara! See, working out to me seriously gives me a high. I'm a wreck if I don't do it. Emotionally, that is. Total b___, like how some people get if they don't have sex in a long time. laugh.gif It's not all about getting in shape, but how it helps me mentally get through my day. wink.gif

I am not a runner. You guys that ride bikes and run, more power to you. If it's not a class, where someone is shouting at me to keep moving, loud music, routine type stuff, I'm not really motivated. Treadmill and eliptical are okay, I did that yesterday for about an hour, but I live for taking classes.

Yeah, try something different if you're not feeling the burn!! Your muscles have probably already hit their max with the exercise you're doing. Give them a break for a while and try something new. Then go back to it. You'll see a difference. I think mixing it up also helps get you over that weight plateau (where you stay at the same weight or don't see the results you're looking for). JMO

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Dec 31 2007, 02:57 PM)

Same exact thing here! rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Dec 31 2007, 02:07 PM)
working out to me seriously gives me a high. I'm a wreck if I don't do it. Emotionally, that is.
Yeah, try something different if you're not feeling the burn!! Your muscles have probably already hit their max with the exercise you're doing. Give them a break for a while and try something new. Then go back to it. You'll see a difference. I think mixing it up also helps get you over that weight plateau (where you stay at the same weight or don't see the results you're looking for). JMO

Everyone tells me I'm crazy when I say I do it for the way I feel MENTALLY after working out. Glad I'm not alone! thumb.gif

Maybe I'll try some classes at the gym!
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I live for the classes, too. I'm not really a cardio person, either. I love cardio kickboxing, but only b/c I can take out my frustrations in there. laugh.gif Weights are more my thing. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Ok, so what do you recommend for a beginner? My goals are just to tone up and get my heart healthy...not lose weight. I really don't like to exercise. Any suggestions?
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

in all honesty...just do excercies that relate to your daily life. Put heavier things in your laundry basket... go up and down stairs with weights around your ankles...things like that.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

QUOTE (Brias3 @ Dec 31 2007, 04:26 PM)

I've gotten to that point too. I've been horrible about getting to the Y where I take classes, but I've been consistently running about 3-4 miles four times a week. I used to HATE running but now have gotten into a good routine of it, only problem is that I'm not feeling the "burn" like you said!

I think I need to add more variety to my routine, but I'm already on limited time to workout so its hard!

Seriously, you two make me ill. The only time I'm doing any running is if something with big claws and teeth is chasing me.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Calimama
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (MyBrownEyedBoy @ Dec 31 2007, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Brias3 @ Dec 31 2007, 04:26 PM)

Seriously, you two make me ill. The only time I'm doing any running is if something with big claws and teeth is chasing me.

I used to be like that too. I HATED to run, but loved to play soccer.. so I learned to love running. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Dec 31 2007, 07:53 PM)
I learned to love running. tongue.gif

Out of all the things you could choose to learn... sleep.gif rolling_smile.gif
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Dec 31 2007, 05:53 PM)
so I learned to love running. tongue.gif

Ironically, I ran cross country in high school and LOVED it. I don't know what was wrong with me then rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

We've had the gym close twice in the last week because of heavy snow, uncluding yesterday. It's closed today because it's New Years Day.

I haven't been to the gym in the last 4 days. It's killing me thinking about the weight that is being put on.

I did shovel for about 45 minutes yesterday, and came in the house nasty and sweaty, and I trekked through the snow for half an hour the other day and got a good walk in.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Brias3 @ Dec 31 2007, 06:26 PM)

If you enjoy running, try adding an incline to your treadmill run.
Even if I just walk with a steep incline, I really feel it in my butt. thumb.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Dec 31 2007, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Dec 31 2007, 07:53 PM)
I learned to love running.  tongue.gif

Out of all the things you could choose to learn... sleep.gif rolling_smile.gif

emlaugh.gif emlaugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Dec 31 2007, 06:34 PM)
Ok, so what do you recommend for a beginner? My goals are just to tone up and get my heart healthy...not lose weight. I really don't like to exercise. Any suggestions?

To tone up, I would try a conditioning class. Or circuit training. Start with 3's or 5's and then move your way up. I like the conditioning classes because they get your heart rate up too. So you are burning calories as well as toning. And in a class, someone is counting the reps for you, which I'm not good at doing on my own in the weight room. In my conditioning class, we use free weights, the bar, the rubber bands, balls, bosus, and sometimes gliders. Oh and ankle weights. You work your whole body, but if you don't like the fast paced routine of step or kickboxing, this would be the way to start. HTH

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I just got THE FIRM, its a total body weight work out, it comes with 6 dvd's and tells you what days to do what dvd and comes with a great menu plan..
i hope to stick to it!
its been around for a while now...so hope thats a good sign.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
choochoo
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 13,311

Anybody tried Belly Dancing? I have some DVDs and it's pretty fun. I know there are some classes held around here, but I haven't gone out and joined them...'cuz I want to shake my hips and belly in my own home, thankyouverymuch.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (choochoo @ Feb 6 2008, 03:11 PM)
Anybody tried Belly Dancing? I have some DVDs and it's pretty fun. I know there are some classes held around here, but I haven't gone out and joined them...'cuz I want to shake my hips and belly in my own home, thankyouverymuch.

I haven't tried it, but I have a friend who is, believe it or not, a professional bellydancer laugh.gif I've never seen such a rock hard six pack on a girl thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0210 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]