Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Breastfeeding and having a period????
Jeannie00
Posted: Sep 2 2005, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,066

O.K, this is a bit confusing for me, ive been nursing my baby for 6 months now (thats how old he is) and a few days ago i started bleeding. Well at first it was brown, kinda like the stuff after you deliver u know when ur bout done bleeding after the six weeks, then it went to red and then back to brown, was this a period???? or was it leftovers from birthing my son?? I havent bled since, only lasted two days, but still when i wipe occasionally there are brown streaks in it. What is it from????? Could it possibly be a period. What i dont understand is, if it is a period, why all of a sudden would i be having them after six months?????
(i had my tubes tied by the way after my son was born)
PMEmail PosterICQYahooMSN
5littleladies
Posted: Sep 2 2005, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

It could absolutely be your period. They have no rhyme or reason to when they start again, even when you are breastfeeding. And they don't necessarily start up in full force-mine took a couple of months to get regular and heavy again.

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
amynicole21
Posted: Sep 3 2005, 03:27 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Yep. Most likely your period. I'm not sure what happens to your cycle after getting your tubes tied though unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0132 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]