Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Booster seat issue
coasterqueen
  Posted: Aug 24 2011, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Anyone ever have an issue where your child said their booster seat was so uncomfortable they couldn't stand it? We've been doing a LOT of traveling this summer and Megan has cried so many times that her booster seat is uncomfortable. sad.gif We've tried 3 different ones and she all says they end up hurting her little bum after sitting it for a long time. They all seem to not have the greatest padding, either. I don't know what to do. I feel terrible for her and I'm really concerned about it because we will be doing a very long distance travel in December, so I want to get this resolved as soon as possible. The child is going to be in a booster the rest of her life the way she's growing. rolleyes.gif Anyone have experience in this or advice?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Jack didn't like his but then i took the back rest off and he said it was much better. Could she sit on a flat pillow?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (moped @ Aug 24 2011, 03:46 PM)
Jack didn't like his but then i took the back rest off and he said it was much better. Could she sit on a flat pillow?

We've tried back and backless boosters. She's not really supposed to have the backless booster because she has and probably never will reach the weight requirement. laugh.gif But regardless, we tried it, and still the same results. I mentioned a pillow or blanket and she said no, it would be too uncomfortable. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

they make a lot of differnt types of pillows. I dont know what they call them in the stores, but in the hospital they are called donuts..that might work.
I wonder Karen with her issues, has she had a fissure or hemrhoids? (SP?)
maybe her pain in her bum isnt the seat, but sitting for long periods of time?

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Aug 24 2011, 05:20 PM)
they make a lot of differnt types of pillows. I dont know what they call them in the stores, but in the hospital they are called donuts..that might work.
I wonder Karen with her issues, has she had a fissure or hemrhoids? (SP?)
maybe her pain in her bum isnt the seat, but sitting for long periods of time?

She did have anal stenosis as an infant, which they supposedly corrected. She has never had any other problems since. I really do think it's from sitting so long in that seat. I know my bum gets tired of sitting in a regular vehicle seat. rolleyes.gif But I also think they HAVE to be more comfortable then those hard booster seats, ya know?

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

What kind of booster seat does she have? Andrew used to be really uncomfortable in his car seat -crying and squirming the whole way, until we got him one with memory foam padding. He's just so skinny and doesn't have any padding on his butt. laugh.gif When we switched him to a booster we got him the evenflo big kids deluxe because it was the one that seemed to have the most cushion in the seat part, and he hasn't complained about it. We go back and forth from my parents place a lot - four hours each way.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Aug 25 2011, 09:11 AM)
What kind of booster seat does she have? Andrew used to be really uncomfortable in his car seat -crying and squirming the whole way, until we got him one with memory foam padding. He's just so skinny and doesn't have any padding on his butt. laugh.gif When we switched him to a booster we got him the evenflo big kids deluxe because it was the one that seemed to have the most cushion in the seat part, and he hasn't complained about it. We go back and forth from my parents place a lot - four hours each way.

We have a Graco Nautilus, which has an extra padding insert, she hated it. We also have Graco turbo backless booster, hates it. We also have a Britax Parkway, she hates it. ALL hurt her bum if she's in it too long, and when I say too long, I mean we make one stop in a 3 hour period. We'll probably go 6 to 9 hours without stopping in December....that's if mommy is driving. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Aug 25 2011, 10:47 AM)
What kind of booster seat does she have? Andrew used to be really uncomfortable in his car seat -crying and squirming the whole way, until we got him one with memory foam padding. He's just so skinny and doesn't have any padding on his butt. laugh.gif When we switched him to a booster we got him the evenflo big kids deluxe because it was the one that seemed to have the most cushion in the seat part, and he hasn't complained about it.  We go back and forth from my parents place a lot - four hours each way.

We have a Graco Nautilus, which has an extra padding insert, she hated it. We also have Graco turbo backless booster, hates it. We also have a Britax Parkway, she hates it. ALL hurt her bum if she's in it too long, and when I say too long, I mean we make one stop in a 3 hour period. We'll probably go 6 to 9 hours without stopping in December....that's if mommy is driving. tongue.gif

Hmm. I haven't felt the Nautilus or the Britax Parkway, but when I felt the Graco turbo booster at the store it felt like a rock. tongue.gif The first thing we switched Andrew to was the Graco Cargo, the one with the GracoPedic luxury foam. He stopped crying on long trips as soon as we put him in it. It was a 3 in 1 so he could have just stayed in that but we didn't like how far the seatbelt was held out from him in booster mode, so then we got him the Evenflo one. Allie has the same seat as he does now, but not the deluxe version with the extra padding. She doesn't seem to mind it though, she's not skin and bones like Andrew is. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 26 2011, 05:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Aug 25 2011, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Aug 25 2011, 10:47 AM)
What kind of booster seat does she have? Andrew used to be really uncomfortable in his car seat -crying and squirming the whole way, until we got him one with memory foam padding. He's just so skinny and doesn't have any padding on his butt. laugh.gif When we switched him to a booster we got him the evenflo big kids deluxe because it was the one that seemed to have the most cushion in the seat part, and he hasn't complained about it.  We go back and forth from my parents place a lot - four hours each way.

Hmm. I haven't felt the Nautilus or the Britax Parkway, but when I felt the Graco turbo booster at the store it felt like a rock. tongue.gif The first thing we switched Andrew to was the Graco Cargo, the one with the GracoPedic luxury foam. He stopped crying on long trips as soon as we put him in it. It was a 3 in 1 so he could have just stayed in that but we didn't like how far the seatbelt was held out from him in booster mode, so then we got him the Evenflo one. Allie has the same seat as he does now, but not the deluxe version with the extra padding. She doesn't seem to mind it though, she's not skin and bones like Andrew is. rolleyes.gif

I'm going to take her out and "test drive" some of the seats at Babies R' Us. tongue.gif We will definitely be looked at that one. Thanks! thumb.gif Man, I thought I'd never have to go in that store again! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 26 2011, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Aug 26 2011, 08:02 AM)

I'm going to take her out and "test drive" some of the seats at Babies R' Us. tongue.gif We will definitely be looked at that one. Thanks! thumb.gif Man, I thought I'd never have to go in that store again! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Good luck! Andrew's evenflo one isn't as cushy as the one with the gracopedic one was, but he hasn't complained. It's harder to find booster seats with a lot of cushion than it is regular car seats for some reason. I hope you find something good!

--------------------

PM
safetymomof3
  Posted: Aug 28 2011, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,482

We just bought a BubbleBum for our 7 year old and he loves it! It's very cushy and comfortable. He, too, was complaining about the stiff booster seats. We bought a BubbleBum to travel with on our trip this summer. He liked it so much that we now use it as our everyday seat. Check it out Karen! Oh, and they are not in many stores so I ordered one from Amazon.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 29 2011, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (safetymomof3 @ Aug 28 2011, 05:50 PM)
We just bought a BubbleBum for our 7 year old and he loves it! It's very cushy and comfortable. He, too, was complaining about the stiff booster seats. We bought a BubbleBum to travel with on our trip this summer. He liked it so much that we now use it as our everyday seat. Check it out Karen! Oh, and they are not in many stores so I ordered one from Amazon.

Thanks! I will have to check it out. We found her one for my van. I'll look at that one for Ryan's truck. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0114 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]