Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sleeping, baby not wanting to lay down - ever!
Nicole
Posted: Mar 13 2003, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I am a proud mother of nine month old Kyndra Paige and I need some help. She has always been the prefect sleeper, never has she ever woken up until the past week. I am having a tough time even putting her down. She sits up before I even have a chance to raise the crib rail. I have tried putting rolled up blankets under her bum but it doesn't even slow her down. I have even seen her sit up in her sleep.

Please help if you can.

MommyToAshley
  Posted: Mar 13 2003, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Hi Nicole! wavey.gif and Welcome!

I just wanted to welcome you...I don't think I will be of much help because my little girl just turned 6 months old and we aren't at that stage yet. But, I am very interested in what others have to say to you because I think we are headed there. Ashley loves to sit up and can sit unassisted for a long time, but she can't pull herself up yet -- she's trying though and is almost there. She could sit on her own since about 4 months. She hates to be on her belly and always wants to sit. So, Ashley has something in common with your Kyndra.

I've never heard of babies sitting up in their sleep!!! It will be interesting to hear what the others have to say. There are some really wonderful & experienced Moms here. I am sure someone will have some advice. In the meantime, I am sending you and Kyndra some sleep well vibes! snooze.gif

Dee Dee

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
madaise
Posted: Mar 13 2003, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

Hi Nicole & welcome!

Teigen is my 3rd, he's 21 mos and has slept with us from the very beginning. I also nurse.. so we lay down together and when he's asleep, I get up. Some nights, it takes 10 minutes.. but there have been other nights that it's taken almost 2 hours.

I have noticed that when he has a tooth coming in (sometimes I dont' even realize there is a tooth), or he's going through a growth spurt, his sleeping habits will change. He will usually be more restless and easier to wake. I know it's frustrating... and I can't offer any suggestions, since we are don't do things in a similar manner.

He does sit up in his sleep periodically.. it's funny to see... and I don't think I'd ever have seen it, if not for him being in bed with us smile.gif

The biggest thing I can suggest is to have patience. Good luck!

--------------------
Judi
momma to Cas, Em, Tege, Jordan & Ry
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

~Sheri~
Posted: Mar 15 2003, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 19

Well, from my experience (my DS is 14 mos old). When he went through the stage of sitting up and standing up (which is WORSE!) there was nothing I could do, but let him. I would lay him back down over and over again, but he would keep sitting or standing.

Maybe it sounds mean, but I just left the room and eventually he would lay back down and go to sleep. As long as they aren't in any danger of course!!

Good Luck!! happy.gif

--------------------
~Sheri~ Mama Bear to Jare-Bear~ 01/11/02

PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Mar 21 2003, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

wish I could offer my advice, I always put my son down with a bottle of warm water when going for a nap. Hope you find something that works.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0153 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]