Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast, Best Recipes with 6 Ingredients or Less
supermom
Posted: Apr 21 2003, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Alright, trying to get not too complicated here, and was thinking about what to get at the store this week to cook. This is one we hadn't had in a while, and I made it a couple of weeks ago, and now the kids want to know when I am making it again. It's a variation of SOS (if you don't know what SOS stands for, as someone you know who has been in the military), but really good. You could also use chicken or turkey I suppose, but we like the beef one on this!

Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast
Serves 4
(I figure one package of beef per person, approx, but again, I've got three teenagers, so you may have to adjust, and I always cook more than necessary to take to work for leftovers)

8 packages of sandwich beef (the kind that comes in the 1-2 oz packages in the deli section, for sandwiches, that are about 60-80 cents a piece, that is sliced really really thin - I can't remember who makes it, but we buy the store brand anyways)
2 cups of white sauce (recipie below)
1-2 pcs toast per person

Cut the stack of sliced meat in half, then cut into strips about 1/2" wide. Prepare white sauce, stir in cut meat, heat through. Serve over toast, with a side of veggies or salad. Yummy!

White Sauce (per cup)
2 T butter or margarine
2 T flour
salt and pepper to taste (for a different flavor, use white pepper)
1 cup milk

Melt butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper and stir until smooth. Add milk, stir constantly over medium heat until sauce bubbles and thickens - about 1 minute
(This can also be used as a base for cheese sauce for veggies and stuff, add 1/2-1 cup shredded cheese - american or cheddar works best, stir until cheese is melted. Can be stored in fridge and heated as needed)

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0169 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]