Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ab muscles after cesarian
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 18 2006, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Since they cut through the muscle, does anyone know if it's possible to workout your abs the same way you used too? My stomach is going down, but I have a feeling I'll never have it as firm. I guess that comes with having two kids, but I wonder if it will be harder to workout now that I had a C. I'm still numb there...does that go away?! sad.gif I want to get back into kickboxing in a few weeks, but I'm afraid of pulling something in that area. How do you know if the muscle is fully healed? Any advice?

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 18 2006, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I don't know, I was pretty sore for MONTHS after the c/s to work my abs out. The numbness went away after about a year or so for me. I actually think you have to wait longer to workout after a c/s don't you? So you don't risk tearing anything. It was so long ago I don't remember, but I do remember still being way too sensitive there to workout. blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jul 18 2006, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Same here... sharp little pains and sore for a while, numb for about a year or so. Now it feels fine, but I've not been too good at exercising, so I'm not sure if it would make it more difficult to firm up or even possible to get a "6-pack." I'd give it atleast a couple of months before trying to work them too hard, particularly doing sit-ups/crunches. I'd ask your doc about it at the 6-wk check-up.
HTH!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Brias3
Posted: Jul 18 2006, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

I'd wait. I was WAY too sore for quite a few months after to even think about it. I ended up waiting the better part of a year to really get back into a regular routine as far as putting any strain on those muscles.

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Oh bummer! sad.gif I saw my doc at 4 weeks and he told me I could already try light exercise like walking on the treadmill. Is that early or what? A friend of mine was told she couldn't even DRIVE for 8 weeks, so I was shocked! I haven't been to the gym yet, but I'm dieing too! Not because I want to lose weight, but I just need to de-stress and want to tone up! wacko.gif It's good ME time! I suppose I'll take it easy for awhile, because I am still sore...but MAN, I'm so ready to get back in there! Thanks for the advice...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I was told not to drive for 8 weeks too so I'm suprised your doc is letting you do more. unsure.gif I'd be worried about tearing something or hurting something internally. But I'm not a doc, so I don't know. I just know pain wise, I was not up to exercising that early on. Getting on the treadmill for a light walk isn't really exercising to me but a fast brisk walk or jog probably would have sent pain through my body early on w/the c/s. wacko.gif

Are there other ways you can find to give yourself ME time? Like a bath, reading a book, something like that? If you are still sore I highly recommend not jumping right into it. Your body has been through a LOT and really needs a lot of time to recover properly.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I had a c/s and it took a few months for everything to feel sort of normal again.....but eventually you can firm those up, but not right now....I think it is too soon for that.

I remember telling the doc at about 2 months after that she forgot a baby in there because my stomach still felt strange, and moved a lot......and I numb where the incision was....but now it is all good.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

You all are right...I need to take it easy, but it's hard with a toddler! Wil is probably about 30 lbs now and the carseat certainly isn't light either! I'm just one of those people that totally ignore pain. I want to go go go! I think I'm well when I'm really not, BUT, I will take all your advice and not go to the gym yet, I promise! sleep.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0137 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]