Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> health insurance
o2brich1
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,192

I hate it....this is the third time we have switched in the last six months! Its crazy! However, we did find out that if its the employer that is switching then your payments into your deductible follow you! Anyhow, I am researching rates using online tools
PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,368

I did not know the deductible transfers when an employer changes policies. Does this apply only if it's the same company. i.e. what if they switch from Sharp to Kaiser?

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

I've never heard of Sharp or Kaiser, but I used to work for a healthcare company, I was in HR not much on the commercial side of things, but I know at least where I worked, the companies are in contract with the insurance company normally to not switch insurance in the middle of a plan year on employees. The only way this happens is a couple of ways, if your employer actually goes under or just is sold off to another company that already has a current policy in place, even so 99% of the time the company that acquires your company usually allows your current policy to remain in place until the plan year is over. Another way is if your actual insurance company goes under and/or is acquired by someone else, then your deductible should always follow you.

BTW to be honest, those rates that you're gonna get, especially for family are going to be astronomical, it is extremely expensive to insure yourself and your family (health insurance) and most of those plans don't cover squat. Really really do your research, you're probably better off being under your company's policy even if they are switched which I find really weird and almost to a point..illegal if you ask me. Might be a good time to put a call in to HR if you ask me. wink.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0223 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]