Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> YAY! I'm getting a treadmill at lunch today!
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I'm so excited. I'm getting a new treadmill at lunch today. banana2.gif I had a cheapy one a few years back, but the thing was a piece of junk so that's where it went, lol. I've already gotten tired of my dvd's doing they every single night and would like something else to do on the nights I don't want to do them. I've been hinting to Dh about a treadmill and he finally said YES! It's not a very expensive one, but it will do, better than nothing. I do feel guilty, though, because we could use that money for new tires for the van or to pay the dentist for my crown, but I REALLY want to lose this weight and need something else to do exercise wise to get it off. I'm hoping to get a bonus for a project I'm doing here at work that should cover almost the cost of it, though. Or at least my boss said I will be getting one. dry.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

WOOHOO! thumb.gif thumb.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Congrats! You'll be a lean, mean, hot mamma machine! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

CONGRATS. I wish I had bought a treadmill over the life walker I have. It will do for now.

Have fun WALKING those LBS aways

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Oh phooey I'm so annoyed! I go all the way over at my lunch hour to K's to pick it up because they said they had them in stock and they DON'T and won't til next week. sad.gif mad.gif growl.gif I was so pumped about having a different workout tonight and not now. bawling.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

Oh I hope you get it. I really like my treadmill. I try to walk almost everyday. I read and walk at the same time. I get bored but it gives me something else to do.

I am looking forward to warm weather..so we can get outside to exercise again.
I love the family thing outside!

--------------------
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Dont' feel guilty. wink.gif That is so awesome!!!! banana.gif I know you've been wanting one and really they are so helpful. happy.gif

I'd love one, but there is absolutely NO space for one in this house. blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Feb 2 2006, 02:19 PM)
Dont' feel guilty. wink.gif That is so awesome!!!! banana.gif I know you've been wanting one and really they are so helpful. happy.gif

I'd love one, but there is absolutely NO space for one in this house. blink.gif

Yeah we really don't have any space either. I have to get rid of the kid's jungle gym that's sitting in my living room behind the couch to make space for it. happy.gif That's going to make Kylie sad, but she'll deal I'm sure.

Now I just have to wait til next week to get it sad.gif since they don't have any more in stock. Boo hoo. I'm so impatient!

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

darn, sorry you have to wait.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

what kind are you getting? we have a nordic track but we have run so so so much on it that the belt has grooves in it from our feet. It annoys me, so I only run outside or at the gym, but DH uses it a lot.

If I was gong to buy it again, I'd spend more money and get one with the widest and longest belt and one that goes at least up to 10 miles per hour. I'd also keep up with the warrenty because service calls can be expensive.

My MIL has the same one as we do, but she can't use it because she hurt her back and she wants a stationary bike. Dh might take hers, (since its almost brand new...hardly used) and buy her the bike, its cheaper than a new treadmill

anyway, enjoy it!

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (ediep @ Feb 2 2006, 03:15 PM)
what kind are you getting? we have a nordic track but we have run so so so much on it that the belt has grooves in it from our feet. It annoys me, so I only run outside or at the gym, but DH uses it a lot.

If I was gong to buy it again, I'd spend more money and get one with the widest and longest belt and one that goes at least up to 10 miles per hour. I'd also keep up with the warrenty because service calls can be expensive.

My MIL has the same one as we do, but she can't use it because she hurt her back and she wants a stationary bike. Dh might take hers, (since its almost brand new...hardly used) and buy her the bike, its cheaper than a new treadmill

anyway, enjoy it!

We are looking at a Proform with the track being 20x55. I thought that was the longest. Is there longer? Course I'm not running on mine, lol. No way. But Dh might run a bit until the weather gets nicer.

We aren't spending anywhere NEAR what the Nordic tracks I've been looking at are costing, but I know this one will do because it's quite a bit of a step up from the old Weslo Cadence we had and that one did the trick for me, just fell apart quickly because of it being mainly plastic (the upper part and handles).

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

I think ours has a 60 inch belt, but the treadmills at the gym are even longer and wider. It makes for easier jogging. If you are not planning on running on it...I am sure teh size you chose will be fine.

Have fun

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
Daisymom2
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,240

Hi there, newbie here!

I wanted a treadmill sooo bad but ended up getting an Eliptical, takes up less space here for my little 2 bdroom apt.!
I have been using it for about 2 weeks seeing as I added on 2 pant sizes over the dang holidays!!!!!!!!
I do it 30 minutes a day ontop of a 30 - 60 min. eexercise dvd..on good days. wink.gif

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

user posted image

--------------------
Daisy
2 boys 5 & 2
Pennsylvania
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0177 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]