Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HOW do you use those machines? They're like, skiing cross country... i'm not sure...!
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

getting on them i thought it was like stairmaster type machine - but nope - the feet things just go back and forth, not up and down. It's like cross country skiing i guess... how do i use the,? I was on the, fiddling around for a few minutes... but then someone else came in and I just got on a bike instead of looking dumb.

Do I just hang on best I can on the arm grip and swing my legs as if i'm skiing?

dunno.gif

I don't even know what the dang machine is called!!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Sounds exactly like what you described. Slide you legs back and forth like skiing and enjoy. thumb.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jan 12 2006, 02:27 PM)
Slide you legs back and forth like skiing and enjoy. thumb.gif

Is part of the workout trying to keep my balance? cuz it sure worked out my arms trying to hold on... laugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

not sure what type of equipment your talking about, can you ask some one to show you how it works?

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Jan 12 2006, 02:28 PM)
not sure what type of equipment your talking about, can you ask some one to show you how it works?

not really... from the look of it.. i doubt anyone ever uses it! rolling_smile.gif

i'm looking online for it though

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Jan 12 2006, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (booey2 @ Jan 12 2006, 02:27 PM)
Slide you legs back and forth like skiing and enjoy. thumb.gif

Is part of the workout trying to keep my balance? cuz it sure worked out my arms trying to hold on... laugh.gif

I think once you get the hang of it (no pun intended wink.gif ) you need to hang on for dear life. The proper motion should keep you up right and on the machine. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

lol

ok good - cuz i was wondering if it was me or the machine that was doing something wrong.

All the ski machine pics online have a waist pad.... this one doesn't... hmmmm

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0130 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]