Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Holy cow, am I out of shape!
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

I just barely managed 9... yes NINE minutes on the elliptical machine. wacko.gif I can safely say I am in the worst shape of my entire life. rolleyes.gif I called Dh and he admitted that he could only do 10 minutes this morning. tongue.gif This is going to be a long uphill road! wacko.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
booey2
  Posted: Jan 4 2006, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Good for you for doing 9 mins. When I first got on my Gazelle last February I only did about 5 mins. - my DH couldn't even do that. Just take baby steps and before you know it you will be doing 45 mins and wondering why you feel so good.

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

laugh.gif Sorry had to laugh about your DH admitting it. I could see him on the other line going, "uhhum....(mumbling) well I only lasted 10 minutes..ahhum....so honey..." Sorry I'm being a dork today. nuts.gif

Believe me I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on one of those things. I'm striving to do my Taebo tapes tonight and I know I won't last very long at all, but we have to start somewhere right? wink.gif

Great job! thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

dont feel bad the first time I got on one I could only do 5 minutes. Start slow then add as time goes by. I have not been on it it so long that when I get back to it at the gym I bet I will only be able to do 5 minutes again.

Good for you for starting, I know it will get easier for you, just keep at it a little at a time

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
5littleladies
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

I'm impressed that you did 9 minutes Sara! If you really think about it-9 minutes is a long time! thumb.gif

I'm striving to do my Taebo tapes tonight and I know I won't last very long at all, but we have to start somewhere right?

I love doing Taebo! I'm hoping to start my tapes again too, but I have to find them first. rolleyes.gif They have Taebo for kids that I'm hoping to get for the kids. And maybe I'd actually be able to do that one. laugh.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (4littleladies @ Jan 4 2006, 02:11 PM)
I'm impressed that you did 9 minutes Sara! If you really think about it-9 minutes is a long time! thumb.gif

I'm striving to do my Taebo tapes tonight and I know I won't last very long at all, but we have to start somewhere right?

I love doing Taebo! I'm hoping to start my tapes again too, but I have to find them first. rolleyes.gif They have Taebo for kids that I'm hoping to get for the kids. And maybe I'd actually be able to do that one. laugh.gif

laugh.gif I might have to get that one so I can get Kylie to do it with me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Yeah ok maybe 9 minutes wasn't so bad after all. happy.gif I might try for another 10 minutes the next time Andrew's napping though - even though I should probably clean instead. rolleyes.gif

I use to do Taebo and it was pretty fun... but Billy Blanks was just a little too much for me. blink.gif tongue.gif I have a couple Denise Austin tapes that I loved and might pull out again, but for now I need the simplicity of a machine. laugh.gif

ETA: I want to put my new weight loss ticker in my siggy but something weird is going on and I can't edit my siggy at all. growl.gif Oh well maybe it will work tomorrow. happy.gif

This post has been edited by ~Roo'sMama~ on Jan 4 2006, 11:27 AM

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Well I'll embarrass myself to make everyone feel better - I still can't figure out how to work the elliptical machines at the gym and I am too embarrassed to admit it to the staff. blush.gif I haven't even made it a minute on one.
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 4 2006, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (brookeandmadisonsmom @ Jan 4 2006, 07:26 PM)
Well I'll embarrass myself to make everyone feel better - I still can't figure out how to work the elliptical machines at the gym and I am too embarrassed to admit it to the staff.  blush.gif  I haven't even made it a minute on one.

Don't be embarrassed! It took me a little while to figure some of those machines at the gym out too. wink.gif You should ask I'm sure they wouldn't think anything of it - and that's what they're there for! Once you get it figured out they're pretty easy to use... but a hard workout. thumb.gif

--------------------

PM
ediep
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

I have an elliptical maching but I think its very hard. I can run 4-5 miles but I can't really do more than 20 minutes on the thing. A friend of mine said that its hard for a shorter person (I'm 5 feet tall) because the stride is too long.

ANyway....GREAT JOB!!!!!! Keep it up!!! You'll be doing 30-45 minutes soon

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Jan 4 2006, 12:51 PM)
I just barely managed 9... yes NINE minutes on the elliptical machine.

If it makes you feel any better, i have a hard time carrying laundry up the stairs! laugh.gif Good for you for working out! cheerleader.gif
PM
CantWait
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

9 today, 10 tomorrow. Keep up the good work thumb.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I agree good for you for doing 9 minutes and you know its SOOO hard because I'm yet again having trouble too but its SOO worth it!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mammykat
Posted: Jan 6 2006, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,947

Perhaps this is a Goal:
One minute more per day or every other day. ESPECIALLY those days when you don't feel like it.

If you've increased a minute per day - that is say 7 minutes in a week, once per week treat yourself to a reward. For example a bowl of vanilla ice cream with hershey's on top. It will taste THAT MUCH BETTER if you hold off .

Good luck and you can do this.
bigtup.gif
PMEmail Poster

CosmetologyMommy
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Aunt Emily and Aidan!!!!!

Member No.: 2,733

sniff sniff the ellipical used to be my fave machine before I was pregnant. I used to be able to do over an hour.....now I am scared to even go on and see....... wink.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (CosmetologyMommy @ Jan 12 2006, 10:31 AM)
sniff sniff the ellipical used to be my fave machine before I was pregnant. I used to be able to do over an hour.....now I am scared to even go on and see....... wink.gif

I know what you mean it was my favorite thing to do at the gym before I got pg, too. I don't think I ever did it for an hour though! I'm such a wimp. tongue.gif I'm starting to really like it again though - it is a good workout!

--------------------

PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0189 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]