Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Karen's 2008 journey
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I seem to be on a journey every year. rolleyes.gif dry.gif growl.gif

Anyways, right now as I'm still having trouble with winter blues and a lack of motivation in general I'm not putting a lot of pressure on myself. Right now I'm just trying to get myself in a good place mentally about my body and hopefully things will fall into place then. So I'm not going to do weight checks every week and not going to put a lot of demands on myself. I'm having a very hard time keeping what I eat in check. I could eat 24/7, it's terrible. wacko.gif Right now I'm going to focus on taking my vitamins regularly, drinking as much water as I can, and attempting to get on the treadmill every night for 30 minutes of brisk walking. Eventually I want to start back up at the Y to work out.

Last night I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

hug.gif I am so happy to see you here. I hear ya about those blues, having my own issues, along with some others right now myself. Take it one day at a time. hug.gif Welcome back, was missing you. hug.gif

ETA: our journey's never really end, they are a life long process, so I wouldn't be to hard on yourself about starting fresh each year, I do. wink.gif

This post has been edited by booey2 on Feb 5 2008, 11:34 AM

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
bawoodsmall
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

I am with you also Karen. Dont get discouraged just do what you can. Something is better than nothing imo. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks ladies. wub.gif

Yesterday my eating was atrocious. About makes me want to puke.gif at how much I'm eating. BLAH! I did, however, drink plenty of water and took my vitamins. I also did a walk/run interval on the treadmill last night for 25 minutes.

Today? Well, so far my eating has been absolutely disgusting what I can shovel in my stomach. puke.gif sad.gif I am working on my water and my vitamins are sitting right in front of me ready to take. I HAVE to find a way to curb this eating. I just don't know how sad.gif I do, but I just don't have the strength to fight it. sleep.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Feb 6 2008, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Just wanted to offer a few hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif motivation is a big issue with me right now. It will all settle for you once the sunshines regularly. Take it one day at a time. Remember this is a journey and a couple bad days will not end it all.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hug.gif one thing at a time. Want to run away someplace warm? I will go. I hate this weather. see if you cant just once before you eat something to refuse it. I have been so hungry the last few days, but thats cause my AF is here but I have been tring not to eat everythign in site or at the least get something thats not to hateful. Its not easy, just keep tring. hug.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 8 2008, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Di, yes! Let's go somewhere warm now!!!!! laugh.gif cool.gif I wish.

Well I didn't work out Wednesday night, but I did work out last night. Wednesday was an especially bad day for me so I didn't even want to come here yesterday. I ate out all three meals and felt like a bloated cow. wacko.gif So I worked out last night on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Forgot to take my vitamins yesterday, though. blush.gif

Dh doesn't get back from Chicago until late evening so I am not sure if I'll get a workout in or not tonight. We'll see.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 8 2008, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

I am game to go biggrin.gif

hug.gif glad you got a work out in, I so want to start again, so I am going to have to find the time.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Happy Valentines day Karen,

Just popping in to see how you are doing. Hope all is well in you next of the woods.

wavey.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0087 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]