Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 2008 - this years gonna be great, Booey's 2008 Life journal
booey2
  Posted: Jan 3 2008, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

wavey.gif Okay, so I know that I have been away from the boards and this one in particular for a long, long time. But last night was my first WI of the new year and I am taking control. I have a High School reunion being planned for September and I really want to be at a better place physically then I am right now. I know that I will not be at goal but I would love to be around the 200 pound mark and feeling better physically. So that being said I am committing to you all here and to myself to get active and take time for me. I love being able to come here and vent, rave and share my successes. If I start to stray please gently remind me that I need to do this for me, by either a little post, PM or email. I loved it when this section of the boards was hopping, it helped to motivate me to get moving again. Last year was fillled to the brim with a ton of challenges, many of them family related and I fear there will be more this year but I am ready to face them head on and overcome them.

So as my journal title says - laugh.gif "2008 - THIS YEAR IS GONNA BE GREAT" laugh.gif . I am going to lose weight and get my body back in control.

Have a great day to anyone who reads this, if you wanna help me that is great if not I hope I can help to motivate you and others to remember that we all need to place ourselves first. Even if it is just 10 minutes at a time during the day to sit and breath and collect yourself. We all need it. hug.gif

Terri
Never giving up and in this for life.

The attached picture is me just before Christmas. I am going to be smaller next year, this is my reminder of where I don't want to be anymore.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
lovemy2
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Good luck - I am with you - trying a more low key approach seems the more I talk about it the worse I do laugh.gif

I too have my HS reunion in June so I refuse to go unless there is less of me laugh.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 4 2008, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Good morning, yesterday was pretty good, did 1.5 miles on the gazelle, I am starting really slow right now with the activity.

Thanks Christine, I know all about talking to much about what I am going to do and then not doing it. I have done that before, so now I am taking it one day at a time and not really forecasting ahead of time what I am going to do.

I have decided to put up a ticker and post my weight. It is a real eye opener and a wake up call. I am never ever going anywhere near my highest weight again. So onward and downward. Have a great lunch packed and heading to the grocery store tonight to re-stock the house.

This is my first weekend back on track, will have to pay more attention and stick to a schedule like we do during the week. That means eating breakfast, lunch and dinner and not skipping 1 or 2 meals.

Okay that is all for now, will try and get back here sometime later.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Terri,

I am sorry I didn't respond to your holiday pm. Thank you. I hope you had a wonderful holiday as well. Life is just a bit crazy for me right now and I'm trying to figure it out. wacko.gif

It's nice to see you posting in here again. Congrats and good luck to you. I know you can do it.

I need to do it myself. ALL the weight I lost last year I gained right back. As soon as I find my "ground" I'm going to get back at it as well.

I'm rooting for ya!!!

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Terri,

welocme back and I agree 2008 will be a great year as I to will be less one puond at a time. I will be here to cheer you on. Now off to start a new journal for me.

hug.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks ladies, coming here daily will definitely help to keep me honest and motivated.

cheerleader.gif WE CAN DO THIS. cheerleader.gif

Terri
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

cheerleader.gif YES WE CAN cheerleader.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

thumb.gif

You do look great, btw. hug.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Jan 4 2008, 11:46 AM)
thumb.gif

You do look great, btw. hug.gif

Thanks Rocky, it has been a long haul even the 25 I have lost. I am trying and taking it one day at a time. You are one hot momma yourself, I could never to Dr. B's way, kudos to you for that. thumb.gif

Terri
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jan 4 2008, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Jan 4 2008, 11:46 AM)
thumb.gif

You do look great, btw.  hug.gif

Thanks Rocky, it has been a long haul even the 25 I have lost. I am trying and taking it one day at a time. You are one hot momma yourself, I could never to Dr. B's way, kudos to you for that. thumb.gif

Terri

thanks! happy.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I just want to say Good luck and I hope you get what you want!!!!!
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks to everyone for the enouragement. Had a minor binge on Friday night but am not letting it get me down. Had a rather busy and not WW friendly weekend. I am not beating myself up though I am moving forward. We moved my FIL into the BRCD, it is a retirement/old age home for the deaf and hard of hearing. He is 83 now and needs to have someone around all the time and no one in the family, us included, can provide it. He is okay with the move, he has friends there so we are hoping it will bring back a little of his spark as it has been missing since this past summer.

I am doing good, have my lunch packed and have had my oatmeal breakfast the past two mornings so that helps. WI is tommorow night not sure what will happen, have not done enough activity this week, I really need to work on that aspect of my weightloss journey.

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Have a great day everyone.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

hug.gif just like you tell me one day at a time. Congrats on picking back up and not letting this weekend get you down.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 10 2008, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks again for all the encouragement, other than my meetings I am not getting it from anywhere else but here. sigh blush.gif

Had WI last night and am up 2 pounds by my own doing. It doesn't help I have a nasty co-worker who is a *itch at every turn. Sorry, she just interupted me right now and I really really want to smack her silly, but I won't because I am taking the high road and being the mature one. We are the same age but she really has no people skills. Okay enough ranting...

This week I am writing everything, and I mean everything down and will get my activity in. Today and tommorow will be challenging as we are having lunch brought in today from one of our caterers and tommorow is our "Holiday Dinner" because we couldn't do it before Christmas. I am going to eat within reason, if I eat at all. Last year I was so angry at the management here that I didn't stay for the actual meal.

We don't have any hockey this weekend but have to go back and help my FIL again as we couldn't get done what was needed on Tuesday night. So that will leave a lot of time for me to what I want/need to do for me.

smile.gif Okay I am going to end this on a positive note, I am sticking with CORE and will get more active this week. I am making this about me. smile.gif

Have a great day to all who venture here today.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

hug.gif hang in there I know its not easy but you will get there.

I to have 2 ruff nights ahead, so I am thinking positive and going to think before I eat about what my goals are.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 15 2008, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks for the support.

I had a rather rough weekend, starting by falling from the bottom step at work onto the ground. It was all downhill, pun intended, from there. Was really sore all weekend, but didn't control my eating and am paying for it now. I am just keeping myself going and not looking back at what was, when I know I can't change it, rather I am looking ahead and really trying to change/control what is going on now.

I am popping in to read most days just feel like I am slipping into the fog again. Will make more of an effort to post more.

Just kinda lost the umph I had earlier when I started this thread. Oh well, if I look hard enough I am sure I will find it again. WI is tomorrow night, kinda dreading it but will go to the meeting because it really helps to get me back on track and keep me focused.

Have a great day. smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

hug.gif sorry you feel like your headed into the fog again, I hope you can clear it and continue on your journey, I am here for you and hope to help you succeed.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 16 2008, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks Di,

Today isn't as bad as yesterday, I am slowly seeing the clear skies. I should have taken today off as I am not feeling well, I may leave early. I had my breakfast a little while ago and it must not have liked me, let me just say I saw it again.(TMI
sorry).

I uploaded some pics of our New Years eve on facebook here is the link if anyone is interested.

Pics from the zoo on New Years eve.

There is a pic of a snake, just wanted to warn those who don't like em. It is a really small one but I don't want to freak anyone out.

Have a great day.
PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 17 2008, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, I did leave early yesterday and spent the day at home. Really thinking I should be there again today as I really really don't want to be here. WI was last night and am down 2, not sure how but will get back with program this week and see what happens. I am really down right now bawling.gif , I haven't had a real raise in over 2 years and my boss gave me a measly one that doesn't really cover inflation over the past 2 years. Guess it is time to get my butt in gear and do some serious searching. I have been here for 9 years now and don't really wanna lose that seniority but I don't think I really have a choice. Enough of the pitty party, onwards and downwards.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 24 2008, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, weekly check in here. Had WI last night and seems last week was a glitch. I am back up this week almost exactly what I was down last week. AF is due here on Saturday so that could be why. I am not concerned, I am getting back on the wagon today and taking it one day at a time. Will get my activity in tonight while DH has Matt out for hockey, I will get some me time and either get on my gazelle or a dvd. Last nights meeting was focusing on changing bad habits to good and starting new good habits. The first one I am tackling is taking time for me and making me the priority in my life and not anyone else. That being said, today is all about me, me, me. LOL laugh.gif rolling_smile.gif

Just wanted to check in and let those that are following my journey that I am still trucking on and not ever giving it up.

smile.gif On a lighter note, we found out last night at my meeting that one of my fellow meeting members is pregnant baby.gif and will not be with us til the fall. She is one of my good friends at the meeting and will be greatly missed. There is a group of us that sits together and keeps each other in check. We started out as a group of 6 and due to some moving away, one disappearing completely and now this on pg, there are 2 of us left. bawling.gif sad.gif I am not letting this get in my way, I will keep going faithfully each week. We told the pg girl that she should still pop in to say hi and we are friends on facebook so I will be keeping in touch with her.

Have a great day to my fellow losers and to anyone else just reading this for a chuckle. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Just checking in, did my 2mile Walk Away the Pounds tape and boy did it hurt. I am really really outta shape. But it will pay off in the long run, my goal for the week is to get it done 3 more times before next Wednesday when I weigh in.

Have a good night.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well it looks like I won't be doing too much walking for a while, my ankle is pretty sore and will be for a while. I am going to get my hand weights and stretchie bands out and to so activity that way. The weekend was pretty good. Not much else going on. Will check in again later or tommorow.

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

hug.gif keep at it. what did you do to your ankle? I hope it heals soon so you can get back up and walk.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks, I twisted it yesterday at work and have a severe sprain. I am waiting for a call from the doctors office to tell me the results of the xray. So I am at home today again, resting it.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Terri,

How are you doing? Did they say when you can start working out again -- when your ankle should heal? hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0218 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]