Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Year 24 - year of the "Loser"
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 18 2006, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Well, today was my first day back on the elliptical. I did ten minutes, very easily... then I did 50 crunches. Then I did another 10 mintues on my elliptical.

This morning, I sorted the kids' clothes... and put aside everything that was torn, too small, etc... then I sorted the linen closet and put aside stuff I didn't want anymore, older towels etc... I deep cleaned the kitchen... I did some laundry... I LOVE when dh is home on weekdays - I can do a heck of a lot more stuff.

Today I didn't eat very much... my appetite sucks today. I woke up at 8:15... I had a coffee while I made the kids pancakes this morning... and I wasn't hungry... then I got into doing things and didn't realize the time that went by...next thing I know it's lunch time... I had almost half of a cantaloupe. tongue.gif

I'm thinking of having another coffee.... but I'll have lots of water instead, cuz I sweated my butt off earlier!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

so yesterday I had almost half a cantaloupe, 2 coffees, a rice krispies square, a small bowl of "dinner", which was 9 bean soup mix, with rice, green string beans, yellow string beans, carrots, and some cream of chicken soup. It was interesting, very heavy, and filling. Could have used more spices though. wink.gif I also had a big glass of mango juice, mixed half and half with water - and 2 more big glasses of water.

Then around 12:30, I had 12 soda crackers with some Kraft cheese slices, some dried apricots, and another rice Krispies square... dh has McDonalds - he brough me back yet another coffee... so I drank it - who can resist Tim's coffee? emlaugh.gif

I told dh to give me another kick in the pants tonight when he gets home, to get on my elliptical again. It felt really good yesterday. I'm going to be drinking about 2 litres of water today... wish me luck.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jul 19 2006, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Great job Rocky, doesn't it feel nice to be in control again. Keep up the awesome job. cheerleader.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 19 2006, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks Terri! I had a Peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich for lunch, and about half a mango. I had 2 pieces of Rice Krispie squares this morning for breakfast. I'm going to have the second half of the mango next time I'm hungry... and for dinner, we're having meatloaf, with kernel corn and rice cooked with soy sauce. smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 20 2006, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Today, I had a coffee, 7 big goldfish crackers, 7 pieces of dried apricot, and 3 glasses of water. For lunch, we're having fish... I don't know with what. I feel too lazy to cook. tongue.gif

I have no idea what's for dinner, we're going to the in-laws for it. dry.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 20 2006, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Bah... I just had a big bowl of cookies and cream ice cream.

yummy.gif yummy.gif

And, turns out we're going out to Ruby King (chinese buffet) for dinner... woohoo!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 22 2006, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well - week 11, and I lost just over 11 pounds total.

I'm on track - but I wish I had lost a little more. I'm not really dissapointed though, because I know that my thighs and my arms are getting stronger, I can feel it in the additional ease I can lift my kids and go up the stairs. My clothes are fitting better, and I tried on a 99$ dress I bought last summer on sale for 19.99$... it fit nicely, but it could have been just a tiny bit looser. I didn't even have to suck in my gut or anything!! rolling_smile.gif

I've been drinking lots of water yesterday and today, the water that I should be drinking, so I'll weigh in again in a few days to see if I've dropped any water weight. I seem to have more energy too... and I haven't been as bit**y. I'm hoping to be in the 170's soon!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
mamasbigbaby
Posted: Jul 22 2006, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

WTG!!! thumb.gif
CantWait
Posted: Jul 22 2006, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Doing great Rocky. Keep up the great work.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 24 2006, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Hmmm. Yesterday around 1 in the morning, I had a Big Mac, fries, and a chocolate Milkshake. sleep.gif Don't ask.

Then, yesterday, I also had a bigger breakfast than I was planning...dang restaurants... I had 2 eggs, scrambled, some potatoes, beans, and sausages.

But I had nothing else to eat all day. I just wasn't hungry! Oh wait - that's not true - I had a handful of barbecue chips around 9pm. emlaugh.gif

Today I started off the day right, with my multi-vitamin, my coffee and my small bowl of raisin bran. The kdis aren't feeling the greatest today I don't think... because they haven't wanted to do anything I suggested to them... they're both zonked on the couch under a comforter and watching the boob tube while Naomie is busy playihng with blocks. Today is going to be one of those whiny-bratty-I don't wanna days, I can feel it, and it's not even 9am yet. dry.gif

Lunch today is leftover macaroni with meat sauce from dinner last night...which I didn't have. blush.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

banana.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 26 2006, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had 2 small slices of ham for dinner last night, and some butter and herb flavored pasta.

This morning, I'm going to have a small bowl of corn flakes with 1% milk, with 1/3 sliced banana in it, I've also already had one bottle of water, (I need to drink 4 in a day) so i feel that today will be a good water day. happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 05:37 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

This morning, the scale said 181.4

I'm so happy!!! I've really been forcing myself to drink all the water I can. I've been eating not so great though... I had 3 hamburgers this week, with fries. We were on the go, and it was quick and easy... I felt kinda grody after though... you know when you haven't had grease in a while? puke.gif

Yesterday for breakfast, I had some cornflakes with milk. For lunch, I had a piece of fish with about 1 cup of steamed broccoli, and for dinner I had a BigMac with Fries. blush.gif I had some triscuit crackers as a snack, as well as a small bite of cake. emlaugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Wow. Too many burgers in a week.. I've got big time gas. Tmi, I know. rolling_smile.gif

I had a chicken burger and a cheeseburger today, and a banana, a few raspberries, a few blueberries, some watermelon, and TONS OF WATER.

I spent the day today grocery shopping, chopping veggies, making sandwiches, salads, cheese plate, cold meat plate... lugging 6 cases of pop and 2 cases of beer around, then I totally cleaned my house. The kids have been gone since yesterday aftrenoon, so dh and i relaxed last night... knowing today would be harsh... but then MIL called to they they have an appointment, so dh needed to go to etheir trailer (about 30 minutes away) to watch the kids while they were gone... and he just now is coming home. dry.gif I'm a little annoyed... but there was no point for him to come back at 4 just to leave again at 5:30.... so I cleaned it all myself.

I dusted everywhere, got rid of all the junk, trash, clutter etc... i swept, mopped floors, vaccuumed, cleaned the playroom, cleaned all our bedrooms, I cleaned EVERYWHERE. I cleaned the bathrooms, scrubbed the toilets and the sinks and the tub...

i'm sweating like a pig... it's sooo grossed. my tank top is soaked through!!! rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

Now i've got 30 minutes to eat and shower before the dh and the kids get home... and 10 minutes after that we have some company coming over for a while... naomie's godparents actually... and her mom. Who is very critical. rolleyes.gif

Anyhoo... off to sh*t shower and shave!!! laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

so you loser how is it going? thoguht I woudl bump it up for you so you can check in biggrin.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

It's been steady - still hanging at 181.4, 181.6, 181.2 throughout the ladt couple days... I've been eating egg salad sandwiches and ham sandwiches and fruit and veggies left over from sunday...with cake of course emlaugh.gif rolleyes.gif

I should probably update my ticker, eh?

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Well if you have noticed you have been keeping up with yoru goal of 1lb loss a week thumb.gif CONGRATS (well your slightly above it but we wont count those right?) I am hoping to join you, while I only have about 17 weeks till my birthday I am hoping to be at least 20lbs or more gone by then. So about 1lb a week for me as well. KEEP GOING!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Yup - thanks for noticing!! In these last 13 weeks... i've lost over 14 pounds - but that's just extra!! tongue.gif

I'm doing great. I'm proud of myself... and I only have about 1/2 an inch to drop before the next dress size down. thumb.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:49 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well this morning I'm at 180.4, finally dropped that other pound that I've been ahning on to the last couple days. I hadn't drank as much water as I should have drank... but it's been drunk.

Last night dinner was 3 chicken fingers with some fries. Lunch had been a ham sandwich with some fruit, snack was Bits & Bites, and a Nutrigrain bar.

I haven't had breakfast yet... because I got anutious about 10 minutes after I took my meds and vitamins this morning...and I didn't want to risk upchucking breakfast. So it's 8:47am right now - around 9:30 we're going up to the kitchen for a snack, I'll have breakfast then. Most likely a bowl of Corn Flakes or Raisin Bran.

Our planned snacks today are Apple-Banana fruit snack in the morning, and pieces of mango in the afternoon, lunch will be tuna casserole. Dinner is going to be meatloaf I think... with frozen veggies

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

WOOO HOOO congrats you loser. 15lbs GONE I am so proud of you. How are you feeling?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Aug 2 2006, 09:09 AM)
WOOO HOOO congrats you loser. 15lbs GONE I am so proud of you. How are you feeling?

I'm actually feeling pretty good. I'm having an easier time getting down and messy with my kids... It's not as hard to get up off the floor... emlaugh.gif

My only problem, so far, is not sleeping enough... I am having a slight bout of insomnia, I think it's because of the meds I'm taking... most nights I can't even think about going to bed before 11:30 pm or later... and usually I lie in bed watching tv until 2am or so because I can't sleep. So instead of tossing and turning, I watch tv.

And the off night that I DO fall asleep, when Naomie wakes up around 3, then I'm awake and up until about 5:30.

Blech.

But physically, I feel fit - I feel like I have lots of energy, my clothes fit looser, I feel more toned... and my belly pooch doesn't seem to hang over my panties as much. Not that it was really hanging... but I'd get the image of teenage girls having their sides haning out their jeans... rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Well I hoep you can get some sleep, I am having some of the same issues. Its hard when you have to get up and ready for work driver 45 minutes to pre-school and go to work. I sooo wish I could afford a chauffer. Or I guess move closer laugh.gif

anyway congrats again. I am looking forward to 15lbs off my self then I can have a pedicure smile.gif 3 down 12 to go.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

This morning the scale said 178.6. I know that weight can vary up to 4 pounds in a day... but I was sure happy to be under 180!!! I drank lots of water yesterday.

Yesterday, for breakfast - I had a bowl of raisin bran with skim milk, and a coffee with about half the sugar I normally take. I had no snack in the morning because I could still feel the cereal sitting in my stomach. For lunch, I had a bowl of tuna casserole, and a piece of marshmallow chocolate fudge (basically fudge with marshmallows in it.. lol). For an afternoon snack, I had a clementine, and for dinner I had a small bowl of spaghetti with ground beef. I also had a diet coke and a diet pepsi to drink. blush.gif But hey - one was 0 calories, the other only had 1 calorie. emlaugh.gif

So far today, I had a coffee, and a bowl of raisin bran. The kids had clementines for a snack just now, I didn't have any. Lunch today is leftover chicken fingers and fries, with some macaroni salad. Afternoon snack will be cupcakes left over from the christening for the kids, and probably one for me too. blush.gif Dinner I'm not sure on yet... probably meatloaf and frozen veggies.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

WTG Rocky....have to admit I am a bit jealouse. You go keep on loosing.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Aug 4 2006, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

WTG Rocky! I gained 2lbs. Didn't eat anything all week because of the heat and I still gained two pounds. Good job!

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0208 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]