Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (32) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Booey's New Lifestyle Changes, Journal
booey2
  Posted: Jan 4 2006, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Well it looks like my old journals are gone, so here is to a fresh new start.

I am going to make it work this year and am going to be smaller by my summer vacation at the cottage. I have already started to exercise on my gazelle with a goal of at least 1 mile a day per week for the first couple of weeks then I am upping the ante to at least 2 miles a day. Then I will re-evaluate and go from there. I am also going to make it a point of coming here daily again to at least put something in here and to keep me honest. writing.gif

So today started off well with: biggrin.gif

Porridge for breakfast with milk, coffee with milk and sugar

Salad with tuna for lunch, a banana and some clementines

Pork chops for supper with probably rice or couscous and some veggies

I still am working on my water intake and tonight I will be back on my gazelle. jog.gif

That is all for now, I am looking forward to getting me back in control. horray.gif elephant.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay last night I didn't do anything other than run after the kids. My knee is way to sore and I had already done 3 days straight so I am back on the gazelle tonight and will push myself to make up for the lost miles. jog.gif

For dinner I ended up having pork chops, wild rice and veggies with enough left over for lunch today.

Breakfast this morning was porridge again, coffee and milk and sugar.
Lunch pork chop, rice & veg, banana and oranges, I also brought some dill pickles in case I get real hungry.

I also brought in my old WW water cup that holds 4 cups of water. Chug a lug. drink.gif drink.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 6 2006, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, this is going better than I expected. Last night I was waffling on wether or not I was going to get on the gazelle. I was already dressed for it because I came home and changed clothes to go to the dentist. jog.gif I did get on it for a mile and a half, 22 mins worth of exercise jog.gif and the only reason I stopped was because my feet were killing me. bawling.gif Man I have to lose this extra weight, if it wasn't for how obese I am I could have gone for at least 2 miles or more but they were so sore I had to stop.

For dinner I ended up having chicken wings yummy.gif and not much else.

Breakfast today was porridge again, coffee coffeetime.gif and milk and sugar

Lunch I am not sure I didn't bring anything to work except the yogurt and berries I picked up at Tim's this morning.

Not sure on supper yet either.

I am drinking my water though, chug a lug.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 6 2006, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Great job Terri. thumb.gif

BTW, I love that coffee smilie. laugh.gif

You are doing great, keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 6 2006, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

blush.gif Thanks, we will be trim, toned and fit before we know it.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 8 2006, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, so I overdid it on Thursday night and my now both my knees are killing me. bawling.gif I couldn't get on the gazelle on Friday or yesterday, they just hurt too much sad.gif . My food choices haven't been too bad, I made a great stew that was all core foods yummy.gif so I know I can have that. I am going to try and get on the gazelle later today once we decide what we are going to do. Gotta run and get these kids organized and get a show so we can get our day really started. Have a great day everyone and keep shaking and moving and we will all lose are extra pounds soon.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Jan 9 2006, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Another Monday morning, blah. Anyway, I never did get back on my gazelle because we went out for a long 45 min at the park and then walked around the mall for another hour. The boys were bushed. I am going to get back on the gazelle tonight for a slow 1 mile walk to try and get my left knee to not hurt so much. My right knee is almost better now.

Food has been an issue this weekend. Most of my choices were good ones but I did have some small slip ups.

Today for breakfast I had:

Oatmeal, a coffee with milk and splenda

Lunch: left over stew, ff/sf yogurt with frozen berries and bananas, clementines

Supper: fish and something else.

Have a super day and I am chugging my water as I sit here at work.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 9 2006, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

hug.gif Terri. You are doing great. Just take it easy on your knees and you'll get there. I know it. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 9 2006, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks Karen, I really didn't think I had overdone it but my body is telling me otherwise. I was a jock as a youngster and was never worried about over doing it but my body is not as willing as my mind. I have a totally different idea of what I can do but my body doesn't agree with me. Thanks again.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay another day and no gazelle workout. My knee is feeling better right now but by the time I get home I really don't feel good and have a hard time getting my butt on the machine. Last night I actually lay awake thinking about my workout so I am going to make myself get on it tonight and just go slow. I will walk my whole mile if I have to but I am going to do it for sure.

Food choices today are pretty balanced:
Breakfast: oatmeal, coffee with milk and splenda
Lunch: soup bowl, yogurt with pineapple, smart pop and some carrots

Not sure about supper, Dh may not be home for it or will be late, I will have something good.

Sitting at work having my water, chug a lug, I did get in more than 8 glasses yesterday so that is a good thing.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 10 2006, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay so Dh came home earlier than expected and was starving, so I made him pasta and sauce. I on the other hand was not hungry and was feeling kinda off, nauseous, and dizzy. So I haven't really had any supper, will try and get something in me soon. I did get on my gazelle and did my mile super slow so it took 16 minutes and 47 seconds to do. I am used to a 12 min mile. Oh well, slow and steady til I am 100% back to normal. I am going to put Matthew and Thomas to bed now and try and relax a little before going to bed myself. Good night.

I also got all my water in all 8 glasses and then some because that is my drink of choice at home.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

GREAT job Terri!! thumb.gif thumb.gif

You are doing so well. Take it slow and you WILL get back to 100%. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

WTG Terri! Keep at it. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I am still waiting on my gazelle to arrive so that I can get working out!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 11 2006, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thank you both for the encouragement. I am starting to feel better and my legs are getting there.

Carrie I am sending some hurry up and get there vibes so your gazelle will get there faster.~~~~~~~faster~~~~~

Today is starting out pretty good.
Breakfast: porridge (as I sit at my desk and eat it), coffee with coco and splenda and milk

Lunch: instant vegetable soup & couscous, banana, popcorn again, apple /banana sauce

Drinking all my water

Tonight the boys start swimming lessons at 6:15 and 6:30pm so I am not sure what super will be for us.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

booey2
  Posted: Jan 12 2006, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay last nights swim lessons went great the boys had a blast. We ended up getting home around 7:30 and ordering pizza for supper and i cooked up some hot wings - not so good for the diet but oh well. I did get on the gazelle for my mile even tho i really didn't want to.

So today fresh start:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana, splenda and some coco, coffee with milk, coco and splenda (now when I say coco I mean the real deal coco powder not instant hot chocolate) 1 Tbsp = 1 gram fat, 15 calories and 1 gram fibre, It satisfies my chocolate craving.

Lunch: left over pasta, carrots, a banana and some popcorn if I am snacky

Supper is chicken breasts cooked in a tomatoe sauce and mashed potatoes and some veggies on the side

Gotta run and do some work now, have a great day and drink all your water.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Terri,

I wish I could get back on track re/food like you are. Keep up the good work. And yes mom, I'll drink my water today, hee hee. tongue.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Jan 12 2006, 09:53 AM)
Terri,

I wish I could get back on track re/food like you are. Keep up the good work. And yes mom, I'll drink my water today, hee hee. tongue.gif hug.gif

Thanks Karen,

It seems that I am getting back up from falling off the wagon a lot. I figure that if I don't get up my weight will and that is just not going to happen ever again. I will be smaller by the summer, not sure how much I will wiegh but I will be smaller and so will you. Thanks again and chug a lug. smile.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 13 2006, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay last night was a long one. I just had no get up and go. For dinner we had special chicken (chicken frozen put in an oven proof dish with pasta sauce, covered and cooked for about 1 hour) with mashed potatoes. yummy.gif

I really didn't feel that working out but pushed myself to get back on my gazelle. My knees are starting to feel much better, the only pain left is in my right knee which I think I sprained a while back and is still slowly healing. My left knee is back where it should be.

Today for food I have had:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and banana, with splenda/coco and milk, a coffee with milk, and splenda/coco

Lunch: I am not sure as I didn't pack one but will make a healthy choice when we decide what it will be.

I am drinking all my water and have popcorn to snack on. Back on the gazelle tonight after I go grocery shopping to get some good foods back in my house.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Doing great Terri! thumb.gif Hopefully your knee will heal soon.

Ooof you just reminded me to go start drinking my water for the day. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 14 2006, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay Saturday got started a little later then normal. Matthew had his piano lesson so we waited around for that. I didn't start my day right and am paying for it now. I should have had my oatmeal but didn't and have been snacking all day. I am drinking my water as I walk thru my kitchen chug a lug. For dinner we are having steak, salad and some kind of potato. I am also going to add some coconut oil into my meals because it is supposed to help my metabolism. I got it at the local grocery store and bought all kinds of other good foods. Gonna run now, I did get some exercise in this afternoon wink.gif wink.gif and will get on the gazelle later. Have a great day and will check in later. CHUG A LUG.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 17 2006, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, well Saturday turned into Sunday, then Monday and now here I sit at Tuesday. Not one extra mile on my gazelle, just didn't want to. Food choices have been pretty good and getting in all my water. I will try tonight to get back on the gazelle, but I am in a little slump, PMS could be causing this not sure, but right before bed my energy just plummets and I feel like crap. So I am going to try and move my but tonight and get in 1.5 miles. I am sitting at work right now and all my co-workers are here, we are undergoing reno's and we are sitting here in one common room, no walls between us, AGH..........!!!!!!!. I want my cubical back. Okay enough, blahblah.gif blahblah.gif Gonna run and drink some more water.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

good job Terri, keep it up. Chug a lug I have gotten about 48oz in so far today.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Keep it up Terri. I'm in that slump too. I just think we need to push ourselves through it the best we can. Great job on water. thumb.gif

I'm on my 3rd 16 ounce glass, so you are motivating my water intake. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thank-you Di and Karen, it is nice to know that I am not the only one who is going thru this. I know I will get back up again. We can do this. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jan 17 2006, 03:43 PM)
Thank-you Di and Karen, it is nice to know that I am not the only one who is going thru this. I know I will get back up again. We can do this. cheerleader.gif

yes we can, personaly I blame the weather. I am tring and want to see a nice loss this week.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (32) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0243 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]