Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> And speaking of Pelosi
msoulz
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,158

Car of the Future

The 2012 Pelosi GTxi SS/RT Sport Edition!

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

laugh.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif That's great! OMG, that is great.

You know it brings up questions for me...the whole smart/eco friendly car issue. How on earth are you going to fit a family in them? What kind of vehicles are going to do all the hauling, since you won't be able to go to the grocery store and actually get groceries or haul lumber, etc, etc.??? I dunno, I ponder these questions and more watching the car market evolve with technology and being eco friendly. We were driving around my MIL's Prius this past weekend and talking about this very same thing. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

I hear you, and who wants to be in a Speck on the same roads with big, heavy SUV's?? I wouldn't want to risk my kids in a little car even if they would fit.

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

jcc64
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 05:20 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

That was pretty hilarious, despite the snotty little "Hussein" Obama crap at the end. Enough with that already.
Your questions about big families/small cars are totally valid, Karen. My ds drives a very un-ecofriendy 95 Pathfinder, but he's 16, a new driver, and I want him in a heavy car with 4WD. Not very green, I know, but when I saw the way my little Subaru crumpled in a low speed parking lot accident a few months back, no way was I going to put him in anything but a truck.
Our family car is a big 8 seat Honda Pilot--definitely not environmentally responsible. But 9/10, that car is filled with kids--my own and others. When the gas prices went crazy last year, I did cut way back on driving that car and stuck to my little subaru for as much as I possibly could, and it's a habit I maintain to this day. But when we need to go somewhere en masse, I have no choice but to travel BIG.
Btw, love the floating feature of the Pelosi--where can I get that??? rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jun 12 2009, 08:20 AM)
That was pretty hilarious, despite the snotty little "Hussein" Obama crap at the end. Enough with that already.
Your questions about big families/small cars are totally valid, Karen. My ds drives a very un-ecofriendy 95 Pathfinder, but he's 16, a new driver, and I want him in a heavy car with 4WD. Not very green, I know, but when I saw the way my little Subaru crumpled in a low speed parking lot accident a few months back, no way was I going to put him in anything but a truck.
Our family car is a big 8 seat Honda Pilot--definitely not environmentally responsible. But 9/10, that car is filled with kids--my own and others. When the gas prices went crazy last year, I did cut way back on driving that car and stuck to my little subaru for as much as I possibly could, and it's a habit I maintain to this day. But when we need to go somewhere en masse, I have no choice but to travel BIG.
Btw, love the floating feature of the Pelosi--where can I get that??? rolling_smile.gif

laugh.gif Floating feature would be nice. emlaugh.gif

Yeah, for several years now DH and I try to ride together to work every day just to save on gas money and not be so wasteful, but we do ride separate when one of us has appointments.

The only way I see all these "smart" cars being safe on the road is to get rid of all the big ones. I feel in some way that is the direction our government (and probably our society) is wanting to go, but then again my questions of how do you get the family somewhere and actually shop or haul lumber, dirt, etc. will still stand. Ya know. I guess the answer for hauling big stuff would be to pay companies to do it, but people aren't going to want nor afford to do that. If I want to go get some dirt, or haul some lumber I surely don't want to pay and arm and a leg to have it delivered to me. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

One thing that might work would be to create "HOV" type of lanes on highways for teeny, lightweight cars. Not a perfect solution, but they could at least go slower, and have some sort of separation from the big bombers on the road.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0107 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]