Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Book Recomendations
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Group: Members
Member No.: 828

I am looking for some books for Katy. She is 6 (will be 7 next month) and reads well above grade level. We went to the library yesterday afternoon and got 2 books that scholastic puts at a 6.7 grade level and she finished the second one before getting out of bed this morning.
She loves things like fairies and mermaids and things girly but reads anything and everything she gets her hands on. Soooooo any suggestions??

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley picked up the first four in the series of the Fairy Blossom books at the library last week and she's read through all four of them already. I'm not sure what reading level they are on? I would say at least a second grade level but definitely not a 6th grade level -- wow ,Katy is really advanced to be reading on a 6th grade level. Ashley still likes books that have pictures and these books don't seem to be soo easy that she would lose interest, but yet still has some pictures in it to keep her interest.

Here's a sample of on of the books:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006113938...ASIN=0061139386

Ashley also likes the Song Lee books (a spin off from the Horrible Harry series). Again, not sure what level, but I think they are a little lower level than the Fairy Blossom books.

She also read the Magic Tree House series last year, but that doesn't have a lot of fairys and girly things in it if that's what you are looking for.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

thanks Dee Dee. I don't insist that all of her books be challenging, just looking for some that last more than an hour. Those look like cute quick read kind of books definitely ones she would like.

--------------------
user posted image

MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 18 2009, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley got her first Nancy Drew book at the library yesterday and she's really enjoying it. I had to make her put it down and turn out the lights to go to sleep last night. I thought about Katy, and wondered if she'd like Nancy Drew even though it's not fairies and princesses. I remember liking to read Nancy Drew when I was younger, but I think I was a little older.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Sep 18 2009, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

She actually just circled the nancy drew crew (or something like that) on the scholastic order yesterday. Thanks for the recommendation we will definitely check it out.

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0165 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]