Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HORRIBLE Heartburn, Help
siblingtoolivia
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,129

OK, I am living on Tums and the two Pepcid AC I am allowed each day and still in horrible discomfort with heartburn...I had terrible reflux problems before I was pregnant and of course can't take the medication I took then, I try all the tricks, small meals, don't lie down, etc. etc.

Anyone else suffer like this and have any tricks? Other than that this pregnancy is wonderful and 100% different than with Olivia....(course I wouldn't have changed the outcome of that one but it is nice to feel pretty good and actually enjoy being pregnant!)

--------------------
Christine, wife to Dave 9/29/01, Mom to Olivia 6/7/02 and Baby to Be 12/28/06

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

hug.gif I have GERD and had terrible heartburn and reflux when pg too. I just discovered Mylanta Gelcaps - I haven't checked to see if they're safe when pg yet or not but I love them. When I was pg with Andrew my dr told me I could take mylanta so I'm assuming the gelcaps would be safe but I'd double check to be sure.

I also lived on 7-up when I was pg with Andrew - I would just keep taking little sips whenever I got heartburn and it would help keep it down better than water. Sleeping sitting partway up also helped at night.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
siblingtoolivia
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,129

Thanks Roos Mama....I will check out the gelcaps and the liquid too, might coat my tummy better....I am sick of tums already and have a long way to go....as for the sleeping sitting up, I do that too, I figure I will be sleeping in the recliner by the time its all done, thought about having the hubby move it upstairs to the bedroom!!!

Thinking about you.....hope that nasty af stays away but remember if it doesn't you can try again, not the thing you want to hear but have faith...as hard as it is...I have been where you are and it is worth the wait.... wink.gif

--------------------
Christine, wife to Dave 9/29/01, Mom to Olivia 6/7/02 and Baby to Be 12/28/06

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
PMEmail Poster

5littleladies
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

I had terrible heartburn with my last pregnancy. Toward the end I just couldn't stand it any more and my OB said it was ok to take Zantac. It did wonders! I'm not sure about taking it so early in pregnancy though so I would ask your dr. first! I hope you find something that works soon-Heartburn is no fun!! hug.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (siblingtoolivia @ Jun 5 2006, 10:12 AM)
Thinking about you.....hope that nasty af stays away but remember if it doesn't you can try again, not the thing you want to hear but have faith...as hard as it is...I have been where you are and it is worth the wait.... wink.gif

Thank you Christine, I needed to hear that. hug.gif It is hard to be patient but you're right, it will be worth the wait. wub.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mckayleesmom
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I had horrible heartburn all my life and it got worse with pregnancy.......I ended up having to switch to liquid antacids during my pregnancies...they worked wonders. After you have the baby.....have them check your Gallbladder.....mine was SHOT. After having it removed....I have only had heartburn a number of times and they gave me these pills called PROTONIX...I think that is how its spelt....They are AWESOME....You take them for 5 days in a row and them stop and you are good for a long time.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

Oh yeah. I had it bad this time. Now (later in the pregnancy) it only happened with I eat peanut butter.

Tums and other antiacids helped a little, but I noticed if I drank OJ or thanks to others suggestions ate pineapple, it helped. I also took some bromelain for the nausea and it helped with the heart burn also. Good luck sweetie! hug.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I just read today that eating a banana is supposed to help. Hope something works for you! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

IKWYM it was AWFUL when I was pg and the further along I got the worse I got.. or maybe it was the bigger I got.. either way it was horrible I ate SOO many tums and tried to stay away from ANYTHING that acidic!! and then try what sara said that stuff helps too..also ask your dr if there is anything else you can take!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

I'm on Zantac too - It's a miracle - heartburns the worst! Goodluck!

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0124 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]