Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Yoga?
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Anyone take a yoga class before? Do I need to take my own mat or do you think they would have some there? It's at the Y. Ryan is having lunch with his dad tomorrow and I thought about taking a yoga class on my lunch break. Will I get very sweaty? What can I expect. I'm not supposed to be doing much exercise at all while doing physical therapy for my hip (except the exercises they gave me), so I wasn't sure if I should try this or not.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

My mom takes regular yoga classes. Generally you take your own mat but I imagine they have a few you could borrow for people like you who are just trying it out. I would suggest taking your own towel to lay over it though.

I don't get very sweaty when I do yoga at home but I'm not sure how the intensity varies vs being in a class.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (My3LilMonkeys @ Jun 23 2009, 08:41 PM)
My mom takes regular yoga classes. Generally you take your own mat but I imagine they have a few you could borrow for people like you who are just trying it out. I would suggest taking your own towel to lay over it though.

I don't get very sweaty when I do yoga at home but I'm not sure how the intensity varies vs being in a class.

Thanks. I'll remember that. I decided not to go today because my hip is bothering me and I don't want it to flare up even more. Hopefully when it gets completely better I can take a class. I'd like to take one for more of a relaxation thing than an exercise thing.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

aspenblue1
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68

Our Y has mats but I would recommend taking your own. Me being a germ a phob and watching a special they did on the mats. I would definately take my own or clean the heck out of it before you use it. I haven't taken a Yoga class but I don't get too sweaty in pilates. But I would definately ask before you take it they can usually modify it for different injuries and make sure your Dr is ok with you doing it.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 04:51 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (aspenblue1 @ Jun 24 2009, 07:55 PM)
Our Y has mats but I would recommend taking your own. Me being a germ a phob and watching a special they did on the mats. I would definately take my own or clean the heck out of it before you use it. I haven't taken a Yoga class but I don't get too sweaty in pilates. But I would definately ask before you take it they can usually modify it for different injuries and make sure your Dr is ok with you doing it.

Thanks Carrie. I think I will definitely get my own mat if I take a class. And it's great to know that they may modify it for my hip issue. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 13 2009, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I do sweat, but I take Flow Yoga which is a more vigorous "flowing" type yoga. The idea of yoga is for strength and stretching the whole body, and of course relaxing. Nothing like aerobics which is based on endurance. You will probably sweat without even trying. I always go when I'm feeling stressed and walk out more centered. GL

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
claudine00
Posted: Oct 18 2009, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,831

It's all worth the sweat when doing Yoga. It is said to be an exercise that helps us to control our mind and body in order to relax. So I really enjoy making it a habit whenever I have free time. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Apr 5 2010, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

i do the heated yoga ( ya know where they pump the room temperature in the room to 90 plus degrees). ohhh yea you sweat in that and loose like 5 lbs a session. good stuff!!
I'd BYOM because people do get sweaty in reg. yoga. it's great for tone flexibility and relaxation.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 5 2010, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

haha old post!! Did you ever go Karen? I'm going to take a yoga class starting in May its a FULL class so I had to sign up a month ago tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Apr 6 2010, 04:39 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

haa haa i didnt even notice the date...lol oops.
so did you go??

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 6 2010, 05:13 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (A&A'smommy @ Apr 5 2010, 09:32 PM)
haha old post!! Did you ever go Karen? I'm going to take a yoga class starting in May its a FULL class so I had to sign up a month ago tongue.gif

laugh.gif No. blush.gif I have done some yoga at home on the Wii, though. Didn't really like it. I guess I am just not one of those people who can calm down long enough to really take yoga for what it's worth. blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
SimalLee
Posted: May 16 2011, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,374

Yoga is full of positive power which helps you to remain and mind in charge. Yoga exercise is also preferred by numerous to lose weight. The two primary yoga techniques that may be applied when trying to lose weight naturally are Bikram yoga as well as Astanga yoga.
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 17 2011, 03:26 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Hmmmm Karen, here it is again~the famed yoga post! Maybe it's trying to tell you something~LOL!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 17 2011, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (mom21kid2dogs @ May 17 2011, 06:26 AM)
Hmmmm Karen, here it is again~the famed yoga post! Maybe it's trying to tell you something~LOL!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif Yep, I guess it is trying to tell me something. blush.gif Considering I've been dealing with high blood pressure for the past six months or so, maybe this will help with stress. tongue.gif blush.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

A&A'smommy
Posted: May 17 2011, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

Karen I QUIT my class that I paid for in advanced I HATED it lol but you might like it!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
laurahill
Posted: May 19 2011, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,376

Yoga is a good way to keep your body healthy. Yoga not only provides you physical fitness but also provides you mental peace.

I think you don't need to join yoga classes..There are some sites that provides yoga aasanas online,simply search on Google ,Google or any other search engine will show respective relevant results and proper information about yoga. you can choose any of the websites,according to your convenience.

I prefer to do yoga for last 4 months regularly in the morning with empty stomach..I feel more energetic after practicing yoga.
PMEmail Poster
ashleyb
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,632

I do yoga in the morning. It is beneficial to health if you do yoga early morning instead of doing it in lunch time.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0137 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]