Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Yoga or Pilates?
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

Since so many of you are doing one or the other or both, in a nutshell can you tell me the difference? If I just want to tone up is one better than the other? Or are they not for that and I need to do weights?
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,471

Yoga and pilates are similar, and both are GREAT ways to tone without bulking up on muscle. They both help you burn fat, and lengthen the muscles you do have. Making you sleeker, tone, and more flexible.

The main difference that I've noticed is the beliefs behind them. Yoga is more of a spiritual/focus your energies and muscles kind of exercise program. While Pilates is more focused on your core muscles (abs) to help strength the whole body. Does that make sense?

Their both awesome and I love switching between the two when I'm not PG. However, right now I just have a Prenatal Yoga tape that I'm going to start when I'm not barf and sleeping all the time. lol smile.gif Good luck and I hope you like them. hug.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0089 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]