Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Younger sister, I'm a little worried
softballallstar18
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,523

Hi, I'm new here. I am 19 years old and I have a 14 year old little sister. I'm a little worried about her.

I used to force myself to throw-up and now I am in group therapy getting help. I've been in there for about 4-5 months and I am feeling better than ever. Now my little sister LOVES to play softball. She made the school softball team and quit, she made the all-star team and quit, and she also made the bi-county team and quit. I am a little worried because everyday she says "Kathy I'm sick and can't go to school" The first couple days I thought she was for real but, I don't know what's going on anymore. If there is something going on in school or at home or with her friends. I just don't know what else there is to do. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some advice on this. You could also PM me if you need to. Thanks, Kathy
PMEmail Poster
Nina J
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

Have you asked her if there are any problems at with her friends, or even a teacher? She could be under alot of stress, possibly because of a situation with friends? Stress lowers the immune sytems ability to fight off illnesses, so she could really be sick, but it could be a result of stress.
I would ask her directly, and she says nothing is going on, send her to school. Let her know she can talk to you, and if the problem continues, don't leave it unnoticed.

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
NEWMOM05
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,294

I hope you get to the bottom of it, but sorry don't have any advice. Just hugs and prayers. hug.gif

--------------------
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker
PMEmail Poster

Bee_Kay
Posted: Apr 2 2006, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

I don't really have advice.... but I would encourage you to continue to talk to her and persuade her to open up. (try not to badger though, which is easy to to, or she may tune you out).

Keep the communication going!!

Good luck! wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0167 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]