Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lasagna: Aidens first real meal
Jeannie00
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,066

Aiden had his first real meal last night. (hes gonna be 7 months the 26th by the way and hes strictly breastfed) It was homemade lasagna, and let me tell you he loved it. He ate and ate and ate. I just mushed it up and fed him with my fingers. Let me tell you, he'd a ate and ate if id a let him, but it was his first real meal so i kinda limited him on how much he ate. For breakfast he had cheerios and i pumped some breastmilk and added the cereal in a bowl with the breastmilk, yummy he loved that too. Ive been giving him just dry cereal for a snack, and he loves it dry too. He will gum it to death since he has NO teeth yet, they get soggy quick so im not too worried bout him choking. He loves it smile.gif Tonight were having beef stew, so i might try him on just a few bites of that to see if he likes that. By the way is it ok for them this young to have meat, long as its mushed up really good. And is what im feeding him ok for his age??? I just dont wanna give him anything to hurt him?????
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterICQYahooMSN
mom2tripp
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

My little man

Member No.: 1,846

Feeding him at this age is totally fine -----WTG with eating Aiden thumb.gif

Just remember NO honey, tree nuts, and egg whites before he's 1 biggrin.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Jeannie00
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (mom2tripp @ Sep 19 2005, 06:25 PM)
Feeding him at this age is totally fine -----WTG with eating Aiden thumb.gif

Just remember NO honey, tree nuts, and egg whites before he's 1 biggrin.gif

Well i posted the same thing on another board, and they were totally against what im doing, they said that lasagna had lots of stuff in it, that i should give him only single things at a time and not stuff like lasagna that has lots of different ingredients to it, is this true?

MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Sep 25 2005, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

I introduced Logan to new foods one at a time, on my peds recommendation so we would know if he had a sensitivity to anything. But so long as you are watching him do what feels right for you.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Warbride
Posted: Oct 4 2005, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,333

ONe of the main problems with giving them something complicated like lasagna is food allergies, it's harder to tell what caused the reaction than with single foods. But if there aren't alot of allergies in your family, and the food was homemade, at 7 months there shouldn't be much of a problem. This was one thing I really had to look out for, there are alot of allergies in my family and my hubby's. My son can't have oats or wheat, they make him very sick. But he's been eating meat since he was 5 months old, the baby food kind. If you have a blender, you can blend the meat up with water or breastmilk and mix it with some chunky veggies. A few things to watch for though: Make sure to check very carefully for bones, especially in fowl and fish, and pork for the most part has to be pretty well ground up for the first year. Other than that and allergies, there shouldn't be a problem. Good luck!
PMEmail Poster
Jeannie00
Posted: Oct 5 2005, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Warbride @ Oct 4 2005, 06:07 PM)
ONe of the main problems with giving them something complicated like lasagna is food allergies, it's harder to tell what caused the reaction than with single foods. But if there aren't alot of allergies in your family, and the food was homemade, at 7 months there shouldn't be much of a problem. This was one thing I really had to look out for, there are alot of allergies in my family and my hubby's. My son can't have oats or wheat, they make him very sick. But he's been eating meat since he was 5 months old, the baby food kind. If you have a blender, you can blend the meat up with water or breastmilk and mix it with some chunky veggies. A few things to watch for though: Make sure to check very carefully for bones, especially in fowl and fish, and pork for the most part has to be pretty well ground up for the first year. Other than that and allergies, there shouldn't be a problem. Good luck!

Well that rules that out. Ive got very very bad allergies, and it runs in my family hehe. So does that mean he or my other two kids, will more then likely have allergies. Is it hereditary????
Warbride
Posted: Oct 5 2005, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,333

They are partially heredetary, sometimes it depends on the allery. My dad is a celiac(gluten intolerant), and they've shown that 1 in 10 immediate family members of celiacs are also celiac. Most allergies are like that. If any of yours are life threatening, be very careful when giving that food to your child. Talk to an allergist(if you can) about it before giving it to the child. The good thing is other than peanut and celiac disease, most allergies are diagnosed in toddlers and older. But if there are bad allergies in your family, be very careful. And good luck! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0071 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]