Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This baby is making it hard to wait on solids
coasterqueen
  Posted: Sep 6 2005, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Megan is making it VERY HARD to wait til 6 months of age before giving her solids. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif Kylie was one that was fine if you give her a bowl and spoon. Sure she'd look at you like she really wanted your food but she was content with the items to play with. Not Megan. Man she will chew your arm off if she could to get to food. Of course we haven't given her any yet, but each day she makes it harder. We even hate eating in front of her because of how she is.

She's only 10 days from 6 months, so technically we can give her solids then BUT her ped said we should be going by her adjusted age of 6 months which is over a month away. He said we can give her biter bisquits or those gerber pinwheels in the meantime, which is what I think I'm going to do. I just hope it tides her over til Oct 16. tongue.gif

What a turkey she is! tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 6 2005, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

my sister is having a hard time as well its just her son always seems hungry, he is a little piggy, I just hope she waits as long as she can, he is just a bit over 2 months old.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 6 2005, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Sep 6 2005, 02:44 PM)
my sister is having a hard time as well its just her son always seems hungry, he is a little piggy, I just hope she waits as long as she can, he is just a bit over 2 months old.

I wonder if it's all the growth spurts they go through those 1st 3 months that make him seem like he's hungry. dunno.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 6 2005, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

AWWWW LOL poor girl! love2.gif Thats too cute I hope the little snacks tide her over tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Sep 6 2005, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

lol i can just picture it rolling_smile.gif happy.gif . hope the cookies work hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Sep 6 2005, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

good luck on waiting smile.gif
but out of curiosity what is the difference between starting solids now and giving the baby cracker things now? Is the concern ammount that she is swallowing or it is something in the way they are made?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 6 2005, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (KEB&1MVB @ Sep 6 2005, 04:59 PM)
good luck on waiting smile.gif
but out of curiosity what is the difference between starting solids now and giving the baby cracker things now? Is the concern ammount that she is swallowing or it is something in the way they are made?

hmmm, not sure except my understanding is she won't be swallowing anything therefore it's not going into her gut. dunno.gif He did say and the research I've found still says it's ok to give them solids at their actual birth date of 6 months, but he suggested with her reflux that waiting til her adjusted age might be better. The biter bisquit would be just something to gnaw on, she wouldn't be able to digest it.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Sep 6 2005, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I hope Miss Megan can wait! happy.gif Ethan certainly couldn't. Good luck keeping her occupied.
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Sep 7 2005, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Sep 6 2005, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Sep 6 2005, 02:44 PM)

I wonder if it's all the growth spurts they go through those 1st 3 months that make him seem like he's hungry. dunno.gif

Probably. I'm already pining for Andrew to be six months because I'm going crazy with how often he is eating! Lol we need a tearing your hair out smilie! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sara on Sep 7 2005, 05:49 AM

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Tamatha
Posted: Sep 7 2005, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 760

I hear ya, but I'm in no hurry to start solids. Trey just finished up a growth spurt. I won't know until tomorrow how much he's gained, but he was eating EVERY TWO HOURS like clockwork, day and night, for a couple days. I am one pooped out mommy, and if I wasn't so determined to stave off solids for as long as possible, I probably would have caved already!

--------------------
--Tam

"It does no good to sit up and take notice if you just keep on sitting!" -Anonymous

PMEmail Poster
Jeannie00
Posted: Sep 8 2005, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,066

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Sep 6 2005, 02:42 PM)
Megan is making it VERY HARD to wait til 6 months of age before giving her solids. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif Kylie was one that was fine if you give her a bowl and spoon. Sure she'd look at you like she really wanted your food but she was content with the items to play with. Not Megan. Man she will chew your arm off if she could to get to food. Of course we haven't given her any yet, but each day she makes it harder. We even hate eating in front of her because of how she is.

She's only 10 days from 6 months, so technically we can give her solids then BUT her ped said we should be going by her adjusted age of 6 months which is over a month away. He said we can give her biter bisquits or those gerber pinwheels in the meantime, which is what I think I'm going to do. I just hope it tides her over til Oct 16. tongue.gif

What a turkey she is! tongue.gif

My son has just started getting this way the past few weeks he just turned 6 months old the 26th, so hes bout 6.5 months now. Hes gotten now to where when i eat or my hubby or anybody, man he throws the most god awful fit, he'll reach for your food, and he'll sit and stare at u eating and just cry and cry. I was told when this happens they are more then ready for food/tablefood. I strictly breastfeed too, i tried my baby on babyfood, and cereal and it plugged him up mayjorly, so i stoped it all together, but here the past week ive started him back on cereal and mixing it with baby food at breakfast and bedtime, and his poop is still hard and clumpy. But i know what ur going through, hes going through it right now. WHat my question is to anyone who can answer it is, Can or should i give him table food now as long as its mushed up or grinded up good??? He cries and cries for it and it makes me feel sooo bad. I want to try him on it, but i dont know if i should or not. So should i????? OH!! And another thing, im not too sure on the biter biscuits, i gave my son one the other day and he bout choked to death on it, he some how managed to get a big huge chunk off and he was purple before my husband could get it lounged outta his throat. Let me tell you, ILL NEVER GIVE HIM ANOTHER BITER BISCUIT EVER AGAIN!!! So to all u mothers wondering about those biter biscuits, ill tell u they are not safe at all. Why make something a baby can choke on, i know u can choke on anything but those are real easy to bite a chunk off and swollow or get choked on it, so just be very careful if u do chose to use one.
PMEmail PosterICQYahooMSN
Warbride
Posted: Oct 4 2005, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,333

QUOTE (Jeannie00 @ Sep 8 2005, 01:33 PM)

My son has just started getting this way the past few weeks he just turned 6 months old the 26th, so hes bout 6.5 months now. WHat my question is to anyone who can answer it is, Can or should i give him table food now as long as its mushed up or grinded up good??? He cries and cries for it and it makes me feel sooo bad. I want to try him on it, but i dont know if i should or not. So should i?????

If it's food he's had before in baby food, or there aren't many allergies in your family, there isn't any reason not to give him table food. But if he hasn't had lumps in his food before, make sure you either blend it in a blender, food processor, or food mill, or supervise him very carefully.
From what I understand looking at the Gerber pinwheels packages, you shouldn't give them to a baby that isn't used to chewing. This is what it says on my can of them:

"Gerber Fruit Wagon Wheels should only be fed to children who are accustomed to chewing solid foods. As with all food, Gerber recommends this product be served to a small child who is seated. Small children should always be supervised while eating."

I don't know why a ped. would recomend these or biter biscuits(which I don't use because my son is allergic) to a baby that hasn't had any solid food!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0275 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]