Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Doc said today that i have shingles !!!!, Shingles!!!!!!
Jeannie00
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,066

Well i went to the docs today cause i been having alot of pain in my left side of my arm, shoulder, neck and back, along with blistery like bumps, and some scabbed. Well doc said that i have shingles! I was like you got to be kiding me. I had chicken pox as a kid, but i didnt know u could get them again. Well shingles is the same thing as chickenpox, but u can get them a second time and they call it shingles, it usually only occurs in adults. I was like what should i do bout nursing. well she told me that i cant nurse, kiss, cough or even sneeze round my baby for a week, they got me on meds for a week to clear it up. My baby is gonna drive me absolutely nuts for the next week. I feel so sorry for my baby. Here bout a month or so ago, i had to be put on meds for my allergies, and omg, my son drove me nuts, all he did was cry wanting to nurse, the bottles didnt satisfy him, he wanted to nurse only. He was sooo fussy. I told DH that he is gonna be soo hard to wean from breastfeeding i can tell that right now. sad.gif Its just gonna be such a hard week without being able to nurse Aiden my son. The whole pumping ordeal as well, i hate to pump, like ive said in previous boards. Id rather take a beating then pump. But looks like i have no choice. I wanna continue to breastfeed my baby for at least a year. I think its gonna be a hard week for the both of us. Anyone else ever had shingles???? HOw did u deal with not being able to nurse for a week?????
PMEmail PosterICQYahooMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I don't know about the brest feeding but Brad had shingles. He had it on his face and arms. He had it for extra long because his mom thought it was acne and put acne medicine on it!! emlaugh.gif Ohh I hope it goes away quick! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Jeannie00
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,066

Do they spread like chicken pox??? Cause mine dont itch or anything, just the whole side of my body hurts real bad. doc said that they attack ur nerves, and thats what makes it tender and hurt. How long does it usually last? Does it get worse before it gets better????
PMEmail PosterICQYahooMSN

luvbug00
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Brad said it iched a little and it sayed where it was on him. His just got better too It healed soo well In fact he has no evidence it was even there to begin with. Like I said before his lasted longer because his mom put the acne cream on it emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

QUOTE (Jeannie00 @ Aug 3 2005, 05:38 PM)
Do they spread like chicken pox??? Cause mine dont itch or anything, just the whole side of my body hurts real bad. doc said that they attack ur nerves, and thats what makes it tender and hurt. How long does it usually last? Does it get worse before it gets better????

I hate to be the person of bad news here it is

I know a lady who is having problems with it right now and she is on 6 months of pain its so bad and she just feels like crap.
She is an older woman tho.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0083 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]