Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Why is it?
mummy2girls
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

that no one acknowledges Jordan on these dates. my family never calls me. Or sees how i am. Or even visits him ever! Why is it it affects me more and hurts more. Jordans birthday no one called, and today is the anniversary of his death:( No one...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hug.gif so sorry hun

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

I have a friend that lost her baby and I always think of her on those dates, and In the beginning I sent her cards, but I stopped recently, because I was worried that It would hurt her more. Maybe that is what everyone is thinking? hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif
PM

Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

They probably don't want to dig up the hurt and they may think it hurts you more to open up the can of worms again. wink.gif I know if I had a friend who lost a baby, I probably would feel uncomfortable bringing it up every year and I would think my friend would want to start healing and I would think by bringing it up all the time that she couldn't have the closure she would need. Know what I mean? hug.gif Don't know if that made sense, but try not to take it personally. I am sure they just don't understand, and for them it's a different feeling. hug.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
mummy2girls
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Jul 14 2008, 07:39 PM)
They probably don't want to dig up the hurt and they may think it hurts you more to open up the can of worms again. wink.gif I know if I had a friend who lost a baby, I probably would feel uncomfortable bringing it up every year and I would think my friend would want to start healing and I would think by bringing it up all the time that she couldn't have the closure she would need. Know what I mean? hug.gif Don't know if that made sense, but try not to take it personally. I am sure they just don't understand, and for them it's a different feeling. hug.gif

actually my family knows that on these dates hearing from them and them acknowledging him helps me through it. Because to me i feel they dont forget about him when they talk about him. I know it sounds selfish:( But they stopped just months after his death. and each year I sit here alone on these dates grieving and wondering why noone calls me. Yes it could be because they are afraid im already really sad and dont want to make it worse but again they know talking about him helps me. Because it keeps his memory alive for me! Talking about him doesnt mean i dont have closure, I do. I guess it just opens it more when im left to deal with the dates. Its hard to explain it... sleep.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
bawoodsmall
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

hug.gif hug.gif This may sound bad but maybe they cant deal with it. Everyone loved Spencer so much and it was so hard on everyone. Maybe they cant deal with going over those feelings again. Why dont you call them and start talking about Spencer and see what happens. I am truly sorry for your loss. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I'm sorry that it seems they have forgotten, Shelly. I have a friend who lost twins and it's her biggest fear that people will forget them. So, I understand where you are coming from. :hu:
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (bawoodsmall @ Jul 16 2008, 04:51 PM)
hug.gif hug.gif This may sound bad but maybe they cant deal with it. Everyone loved Spencer so much and it was so hard on everyone. Maybe they cant deal with going over those feelings again. Why dont you call them and start talking about Spencer and see what happens. I am truly sorry for your loss. hug.gif hug.gif

no i know thats not it at all. Yes they were hurt by the loss of him and they were affected because they were there in his last 2 days of life , they slept at the hospital and everything to be with us. But its hard to explain why i feel this way and know thats not it. And they dont call could be because...my mom has admitted a couple times that she complete forgets that his birthday was the 27tha nd his death date on the 14th... 1 year after i lost him i called my moma nd said im heading to teh grave to plant flowers with so and so because its jordans 1st birthday , she says to me oh thats today oops. So yes maby thats why they dont call.. but still it hurts they dont call if its because they forgot too.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0123 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]