Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Year 24 - year of the "Loser"
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 21 2006, 05:23 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

I did 10 minutes on my elliptical yesterday.

The first two minutes were rough... then I realized my dh had turned the difficulty level up a bit. emlaugh.gif So I turned it back down... and the next minute was rough too. After that it went better. I was only plannin gon doing 5 mintues... but I was watching the tv at the same time... and next thing I know, I look down and it said 8 mintues... well... might as well do the 2 more to get to 10. And we went out last night, so I didn't do my other 5 minute stint.

Today, I *almost* got on it before going down with the kids, because for once I got out of bed no problem, whereas usually I have to drag my arse outta bed... but my shoulder was very sore... and so I took the time to stretch it properly instead. It's still sore. I don't know what I did...maybe I slept on it wrong.

I had a cheese day yesterday... I had 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, a grilled chicken burger and some fries, 2 coffees, and a coke, as well as water and a tiny bit of lemonade. I had a bowl of Corn Flakes this morning, with some strawberries. And a coffee.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jun 21 2006, 05:50 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Awesome job Rocky, slow and steady will win the race to a better body. smile.gif cheerleader.gif I know you can do it. smile.gif

Terri

PS Remember to drink your water beer.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 21 2006, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well I did another 5 minutes today. I had a bowl of corn flakes with skim milk and strawberies for breakfast, pasta shels with ground beef for lunch, and 2 small slices of porc roast with sparagus and teriyaki rice. yummy.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well - I'm happy to report that this morning, I weighed 189 pounds.

That's 7 pounds lost since my birthday!

I LOVE being on track. cool.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

groupwave.gif partying.gif horray.gif beer.gif jazzband.gif thumb.gif redbounce.gif banana2.gif woohoo.gif Myself and all these smilies are very proud. You're in the 180's now! Great job!!!!!!

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks Jeanie!

I'm so happy!!!

I do drink lots of water... but nowhere near what I should be drinking. I probably drink 5 to 6 cups a day... and a glass of skim milk, and a glass of juice... but I should still drink more water, I know. rolleyes.gif I bet if I drank more water, I'll be down to the 170s in no time!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Awesome news Rocky. You ROCK. Keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

Terri

PS Got Water?

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 04:14 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well... went off the bandwagon yesterday,... but I sorta had a good reason... lol

When dh got home at 4:40 - we loaded the kids up, went to the pharmacy, went to pick up the case that goes with Zach's guitar, picked up Emilie's guitar, picked up my fixed violin (the one I ordered is on backorder for 2 months so I said forget it and transferred the down payment to a smaller violin for the kids) then off to the beer store to pick up a 12 pack of Blue for my brother (he graduated yesterday) then we went to bring him the beer... by this time it's almost 6pm... we went to McDonalds and let the kids play in the big slide area until almost 7... then they CRASHED at home, since they hadn't napped yesterday since we were in the church for the grad.

Whew.

But I had a grilled chicken burger... which is a step up from the bigmac i'd normally have. tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 25 2006, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

We went to MIL's trailer yesterday afternoon... I spent some time int he pool. Not doig much in the pool, becaue I was holding the baby, but I got some sun at least... I have a little bit of a sunburn though.

I've been eating pretty well, in general. I don't deny myself anything... I just have what I want in smaller portions. Like yesterday... I wanted chocolate... Snickers in particular... so I bought one - had a few bites... then gave the rest to the kids. It satisfied my craving... and i didn't "have to" finish it. tongue.gif

I haven't been back on my elliptical though... timing has just sucked butt these last few days. Between the laundry etc that needs to get done... I jsut haven't taken the time to get on it. Today I definitely will htough.

I'm letting dh sleep in this morning... and in a bit, the kids and I will go and make him breakfast to take in bed. happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Jun 25 2006, 05:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

I honestly think that is the only way to get in shape for good, not to deprive yourself of anything. Good for you for not finishing it! I couldn't do it....so I just let myself eat the whole darn thing and consider it for the greater good of keeping myself motivated. laugh.gif

What a sweet way for your honey to wake up! Your such a good wife.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 27 2006, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

lol good wife? my husband doesn't always think so... rolling_smile.gif

He really enjoyed it. We made him a toasetd bagel with jam, some yogurt, some strawberries, and some orange juice. We put it on a tray and I put one of my fake fushia daisies on the tray, with a nice cloth napkin I have, and we took it up. The kids were being really quiet...and they cimbed onto the bed to wake him up... he tickled them, then we gave him the tray, I got the baby from the playpen downstairs and we all sat with him while he ate, watching cartoons on our tv in our room.

It was fun, and a sweet moment wub.gif

Yesterday I wasn't too hungry. All I had all day was a bowl of tomato soup with some crackers for lunch, then a hotdog and a few fries for dinner. And a handful of red grapes.

This morning, I gave the kids a special treat - we had Corn Pops for breakfast. We don't usually have sugary cereal, other than the Honey Nut Cheerios... so it was fun for them. They usually ahve Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies or Cheerios, with no sugar added. I had some too... I had a craving. blush.gif

I have no idea what we're going to have today.,. I really don't feel like cooking anything - it means I have to empty and re-fill the dishwasher... since I didn't do it last night... there are 2 loads worth... I filled it this morning... but there's still a double sink full emlaugh.gif frig... 5 people make a LOT of dishes over 2 meals.

*sigh*

Oh well... such is life. On the positive side - I helped my mom clean out one of her closets yesterday, since she will have a friend ofmy brother's stay at her palce over the summer, since his parents are moving to Montreal, and the kid wants to finish working here over the summer. Makes sense. So we cleaned out the closet... then my mom suckered me to move some furniture over to my grandmother's house, which is across the street from my mom's house.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 04:51 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I weighed 188.4 this morning cool.gif

I made pancakes this morning... the kids were wild yesterday - and last night I bribed them with it...if they went to bed with no more arguing, I'd make pancakes as a treat this morning...

*sigh*

Oh well... it worked last night. emlaugh.gif

But I only had one, about 6 inches across and not very thick.

amd coffee of course! wink.gif

I don't know what lunch will be today... dh is taking half the day off because he's not feeling too good. So he'll be home around 1pm... maybe I'll make pasta with spaghetti sauce or soemthig simple like that. smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

you are doing so well
Keep Up The Great Work!!!!!!!

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Today was a fun day.

We all had Corn pops for breakfast with skim milk, a big glass of cranberry juice mixed 50-50 with water, and I had a coffee.

For lunch - we had raspberry jam and cheese on a bagel, and juice.

I had a sprite as a snack... emlaugh.gif

I'm baking a honey loaf right now - and dinner will be chicken thighs with frozen veggies. blahblah.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

booey2
  Posted: Jun 29 2006, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Sounds like a great day of food, enjoy.

Terri smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Jun 29 2006, 03:22 PM)
Today was a fun day.

We all had Corn pops for breakfast with skim milk, a big glass of cranberry juice mixed 50-50 with water, and I had a coffee.

For lunch - we had raspberry jam and cheese on a bagel, and juice.

I had a sprite as a snack... emlaugh.gif

I'm baking a honey loaf right now - and dinner will be chicken thighs with frozen veggies. blahblah.gif

well i lied - dinner was a tortilla wrap with tuna salad.

yummy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 30 2006, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I went out with my mom and my grandmother, with Zach last night, to look for carpet to put in the spare house. We stopped at Dairy Queen afterwards... and I had a small sundae with minimal hot fudge.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jun 30 2006, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Don't cha love it when your menu changes after you planned on one thing. Variety is the spice of life, so I am told. Good job on controlling the sundae. If you were following WW it would have only been 7 points for that sundae. jk You are making good choices for you. thumb.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 8 2006, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I haven't been eating much at all these last few days... I was sick, and my throat is raw. I can hardly talk... the kids have been wild too, since I couldn't really punish them without explaining what they did wrong... well I could, but you know what I mean... so today I got my voice back a little (more like a soft croak...) and were they surprised when I gave them crap about something... lol

I haven't really stepped on the scale... because I don't really care all THAT much... but I've been drinking lots of liquids...so there's bound to be a loss rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 10 2006, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

well - my weight was at 185.4 last night.

I'm proud of myself. cool.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jul 10 2006, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Great job Rocky, sorry you were under the weather there. May you get better fast. Keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 10 2006, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Jul 10 2006, 08:03 AM)
well - my weight was at 185.4 last night.

I'm proud of myself. cool.gif

Congratulations Rocky!!! thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 10 2006, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks ladies....

I think dh has noticed... it may only have been 11 pounds... but he noticed that I was wearing a pair of pants I've been wanting to get into

tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 14 2006, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I've been doing a lot of physical work these last few days... and I haven't been drinking as much water as I should have, considering the amount I sweated out...it's been soooooo hot... like 35 degrees outside (like 95 F), and the inside of the house didn't have A/C... rolleyes.gif but I've continued to eat well, so i'm looking forward to stepping on the scale again soon

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jul 14 2006, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

thumb.gif Great work Rocky, just make sure to get in water or the scale will not be your friend because your body will hold onto everydrop of moisture you have given it and it won't be nice. Keep up the great work.

Terri smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0192 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]