Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Well I think I'm just going to crawl in a hole now
coasterqueen
  Posted: Aug 18 2011, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

About a month ago Kylie told me that she hit her chest up against a cart while trying to jump and do something, who knows. She said her breast area was sore and I saw no bruising and told her it will go away, right? Well she's been complaining for a whole month and I just keep saying you bruised your chest, it takes awhile to heal. Well last night Megan punched Kylie in her right breast and Kylie started crying and said it hurt real bad, so I looked at it and asked her if I could feel that area because I didn't see anything visible. Well the nipple area and around it was all hard like there so I was thinking in my mind that she's getting breasts, right? But I wanted to take her in to the doc today to make sure. I have noticed them poking threw her shirts a bit more, but was in a bit of denial. blush.gif The doc confirmed it. She's in stage 1 of puberty. bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif Then out of the blue Kylie says (while in with the doc) "yeah, I started noticing these stubby short hairs down there. Just a few but I have noticed them." ohmy.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif I lost it. I started tearing up immediately because she hadn't told me that. sad.gif I am NOT, I repeat NOT ready for this yet. She isn't even 9 yet, granted she will be on September 7, but really age 9???????? bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif I started getting breasts around that time, I guess, but I didn't get the um hairs until 6th or 7th grade and got my period in 7th. Is this going to happen to her sooner??? bawling.gif Not only that but for all of you out there that think it's great to have your child be 6 when they start school....well think of your girl being the only one going through puberty in school while everyone else is a year behind and not. bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif I am so freaked out right now. Someone who has been through this...talk me through it. Give me anything. bawling.gif Should I buy her training bras now or wait a bit? My mom waiting until mine were formed enough with nipples and embarrassingly poking through my shirts before she bought me one and she bought it against my dad's will. tongue.gif I'm just NOT ready. I'm not. bawling.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT looking forward to that........ makes me sick thinking about it! I was 8 when I got a "training" bra but I didn't really need a bra until I was quite a bit older (I still wear an A cup and don't fill it out rolleyes.gif ). BUT I know you don't want to but I would seriously consider something... maybe even those tank tops? Does that sound stupid?

hug.gif hug.gif I'm sorry this is already starting!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I am with you, I can see some changes in Ashley's friends. And, like Kylie, she has started complaining off and on about her breast area hurting. I have also noticed that she is moodier lately as well. I was freaking out too, and then I started reading more on the subject. Just because they are starting these changes doesn't mean they are going to start their mentrual cycle tomorrow. It can take 2-4 years. I keep telling myself that Ashlely will be one the girls that will start later and it will take 4 years. I was almost 13 when I started my ms, and hopefully Ashley will take after me. I don't remember complaining about my chest area hurting before that though, but maybe I did?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

luvmykids
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OMG I'm freaking out FOR you bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

However, as your calm, rational, objective friend....DEEP BREATH!

When it happens to me, I HOPE I'm able to collect myself (probably not) and ask how she feels like handling it. Or maybe not, maybe I'd wait until she mentions wearing a bra? I know now they have the very beginner ones that aren't even like a bra, just like a very short version of a cami.

I don't know, I'm no help other than to commiserate with you! hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

awwwwwwwwwwwww Karen, I would be the same way! I will be when Emma gets older!!!

I think I remember my chest hurting when I was younger. I wore and bra and got my period when I was in 5th grade.

sorry you have to deal with this already

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I can deal with breasts....I can't deal with getting hair down there at age 9. I can't. bawling.gif I don't know why, but I can't. bawling.gif I'm a nervous wreck right now as I thought I had a little longer to deal with this. She did start getting VERY emotional in January of this year and it hasn't go away. She cries at everything, thinks no one understands her, etc, etc....I should have known it was coming. I am in denial. sleep.gif tongue.gif My niece, it took almost 3 years, so I know I have time before ms, but the rest...I'm not ready yet.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

And thank you all for being here to talk to. Most of my friends their kids are boys so it just isn't the same. And Monica.....I'm trying to breathe, but I think I better find a paper bag. laugh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Mya had hair down there then. sshhh she'd kill me if she finds out i told anyone..LOL

mya also had boobs early ..her dad's side is stacked with boobage. I mean one woman from that family could feed a small country KWIM..
I got her bras when she started poaking out.
I made sure they were cute and sporty.
she's fine. It's just kids these days ya know..the processed foods with hormones and all. just boosts them older faster. wacko.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (luvbug00 @ Aug 18 2011, 01:24 PM)
Mya had hair down there then. sshhh she'd kill me if she finds out i told anyone..LOL

mya also had boobs early ..her dad's side is stacked with boobage. I mean one woman from that family could feed a small country KWIM..
I got her bras when she started poaking out.
I made sure they were cute and sporty.
she's fine. It's just kids these days ya know..the processed foods with hormones and all. just boosts them older faster. wacko.gif

But I did all organic... bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif I wish I was as calm about it as you. tongue.gif Oh and my side of the family can feed large countries with theirs. laugh.gif I've got big ones, but thank God I didn't get theirs. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

I think a tank top under shirt should suffice. I have no words of wisdom....we're all testosterone in this house! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
lesliesmom
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

Leslie just turned 10. I got her the American Girl book dealing with taking care of yourself and it opened her up to talking more about things. She even mentioned she had some hair growing "down there"too. As for bras, she's been wearing camisoles with the built-in "shelf" since last winter. My Daycare's daughter just passed on a bunch of training bras to her which she just loves and says she is much more comfortable in, so training bras it is. I can't believe it either. I know she's 10, but I though it would be more like 12 when all this started (okay, so maybe I'm a bit naive).. Anyway, you're not alone going through this as it sounds like we're in the same boat at the moment. all I can say is HUGS hug.gif

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (lesliesmom @ Aug 18 2011, 01:34 PM)
Leslie just turned 10. I got her the American Girl book dealing with taking care of yourself and it opened her up to talking more about things. She even mentioned she had some hair growing "down there"too. As for bras, she's been wearing camisoles with the built-in "shelf" since last winter. My Daycare's daughter just passed on a bunch of training bras to her which she just loves and says she is much more comfortable in, so training bras it is. I can't believe it either. I know she's 10, but I though it would be more like 12 when all this started (okay, so maybe I'm a bit naive).. Anyway, you're not alone going through this as it sounds like we're in the same boat at the moment. all I can say is HUGS hug.gif

Thanks wub.gif, although I'll take age 10 before age almost 9. bawling.gif I got Kylie that book too, and she's not afraid to tell me anything especially if she doesn't know, but I guess since she knows she WILL get hair down there she just assumed since she's seeing it there was no real reason to tell me about it. She thought she was getting breasts, but I kept telling her it was impossible. laugh.gif blush.gif blush.gif

You know thinking about all of this, I remember when my mom FINALLY got me a bra, I remember running around and telling everyone I was becoming a woman. blush.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif Oh my, I have no clue why I did that, but I hope to gosh Kylie doesn't start doing that. laugh.gif tongue.gif

After Ryan gets over the initial shock I'll explain to him it's probably time to go get her some of the sporty training ones.....if WE ever get over the shock. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

But I did all organic... I wish I was as calm about it as you

organic foods are not totally free of pesticides and such, just are given lowest dose possible.

I am always calm with Mya growing up. The only times I will be a train wreck is her graduation and wedding day and when she has babies ..aside from that. Grow my little flower grow!!!

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (luvbug00 @ Aug 18 2011, 01:55 PM)
But I did all organic... I wish I was as calm about it as you

organic foods are not totally free of pesticides and such, just are given lowest dose possible.

I am always calm with Mya growing up. The only times I will be a train wreck is her graduation and wedding day and when she has babies ..aside from that. Grow my little flower grow!!!

tongue.gif Nope, no way. I already told my girls if they ever move out of the house..we are selling the house and buying an RV and moving into their driveways. laugh.gif rolling_smile.gif My husband knows I'm serious, too! tongue.gif Megan promises she'll never leave me laugh.gif Kylie says if I live on her property (her farm) I have to work to earn my own. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Maddie's little cousin started her period yesterday. She's 11.

Maddie is 11, too. I've gotten used to the changes that are taking place. She's been wearing a bra for almost a year. Kohls has some great bras that aren't too big with a little padding. We bought her the Jockey brand recently. She started out with the thin t-shirt type bras and also she wore tank tops under her shirts.

I'm not as freaked out about her starting her period as I thought I would be. I just want to make sure she is informed and prepared. I think it helps that we talk about it A LOT. And I act like it's no big deal. She even talks to her daddy about it. tongue.gif

She's been shaving her legs for a year, but she doesn't have hair anywhere else, yet. But I was a late bloomer in that area, too.
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

OH, I can't imagine this ... Erin will be 6 in November, so in 4 or 5 years, Karen, you can calm me down!!

All I can offer now is hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
PrairieMom
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

no no no. nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif

One thing is for sure, I am super glad that this is the kind of thing that happens to everyone else, and not me. yup. Not going to happen to me and MY daughter.

nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif

I forbid her to grow up.
PM
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

it just may be the way she is wired...nothing you've done. K is the same age as Kylie and still tiny for her age. L who is 6, is 12 lbs heavier than K and I've noticed she has boob bumps already. I'm taking them both in for their annual exams soon and will ask her ped about them, but I feel like, since she is bigger for her age, she may start maturing more quickly too. I didn't start a monthly cycle until I was about 11 but I did have random spotting that started when I was 9. I thought I'd injured myself on my bike. blush.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Aug 18 2011, 05:18 PM)
it just may be the way she is wired...nothing you've done. K is the same age as Kylie and still tiny for her age. L who is 6, is 12 lbs heavier than K and I've noticed she has boob bumps already. I'm taking them both in for their annual exams soon and will ask her ped about them, but I feel like, since she is bigger for her age, she may start maturing more quickly too. I didn't start a monthly cycle until I was about 11 but I did have random spotting that started when I was 9. I thought I'd injured myself on my bike. blush.gif

Her doc mentioned that kids big for their age and even obesity is playing a factor in kids starting earlier, so says studies done. Now Kylie is not obese, but she is tall for her age and she is actually heavier than I was. I was a twig, like Megan. Kylie is in range for her age, but in the higher range, per se. So it may have something to do with it. For right now I'm blaming it on Ryan's family genetics. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Aug 18 2011, 05:11 PM)
no no no. nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif

One thing is for sure, I am super glad that this is the kind of thing that happens to everyone else, and not me. yup. Not going to happen to me and MY daughter.

nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif nosmiley.gif

I forbid her to grow up.

Yeah, uh-huh, I tried that one....didn't work. tongue.gif bawling.gif

When we were leaving the doctor told us we can call and ask any questions we may have, that we don't need to bring her in and then she asked if there was anything else she could do for us and I said "um, can you stop time?". ROFL. She couldn't. bawling.gif happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
julesmom
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 323

I thought if you were thinner it started later, but a friend's dd is average height and wears slim jeans. Athletic too. And she started in 5th grade. blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

We are starting to go through it too...... No fun at all. Granted we have had the moody teenager thing going on since birth so that part isn't new.

Earlier this summer Katy told me she wanted a training bra and I asked her what she was planning on training. All of a sudden I am seeing some serious bumps in her chest and I almost cried.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (MyBlueEyedBabies @ Aug 20 2011, 10:52 PM)
We are starting to go through it too...... No fun at all. Granted we have had the moody teenager thing going on since birth so that part isn't new.

Earlier this summer Katy told me she wanted a training bra and I asked her what she was planning on training. All of a sudden I am seeing some serious bumps in her chest and I almost cried.

Yeah, I really didn't want to get Kylie a training bra, but we talked about it and of course she's all excited rolleyes.gif and wants one NOW. I told her we'll go this weekend. After seeing her in the dress she wore today she needs one. I did feel better after seeing one of her cousins this weekend...she's a year younger than Kylie and desperately needs one more than Kylie happy.gif . Terrible, but I felt better knowing Kylie isn't alone and that at least it didn't happen earlier.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

We had our first Girl Scout meeting of the year yesterday. It's the first time I had seen some of the girls since last fall as some of them go to different schools and we don't see them over the summer. I was surprised to see how much the girls had changed and many of them needed training bras as well. They are all fourth graders. Granted, Ashley is a year younger than most of the others in fourth grade, but wow, what a difference a year has made. I wish I could say it made me feel better, but I think it just made me realize that I need to start talking to Ashley in more detail about some of these changes that will be happening to her soon.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Aug 22 2011, 09:44 AM)
We had our first Girl Scout meeting of the year yesterday. It's the first time I had seen some of the girls since last fall as some of them go to different schools and we don't see them over the summer. I was surprised to see how much the girls had changed and many of them needed training bras as well. They are all fourth graders. Granted, Ashley is a year younger than most of the others in fourth grade, but wow, what a difference a year has made. I wish I could say it made me feel better, but I think it just made me realize that I need to start talking to Ashley in more detail about some of these changes that will be happening to her soon.

I got Kylie a book that she is reading now that explains the changes she'll be going through. We've also talked about them, but not in as much detail. She's too antsy to sit and listen so I gave her the book. laugh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0223 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]