Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hay Fever?
lisar
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

Okay Lexi went to the Dr today for her 6 year check up and a booster on her flu shot. She was diagnosed with Hay Fever. I know its really allergies in her sinus. I was curious to know if anyone else has this and if they have any tips. She was given a nasal spray for it that she will have to take once a day for-ever. Here is florida we always have something to aggervate them. Thats what the dr said. Other than that she is in perfect health. Just curious if anyone has any tips. Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
McKenna
Posted: Dec 6 2006, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 6,478

I have hayfever, not much that can be done about it to be honest, although I ditched the nasal spray my doc gave me for two reasons, always gave me a weird taste at the back of my throat and did practically nothing to relieve my symptoms.

I dont get hayfever year old, though, the weather not good enough for that here lol, so I only get it through the summer months, and generally if I'm quick enough to take some anti-allergy tablets at the beginning of the season when it starts, it tends not to affect me at all for the rest of the season.

If its really bad I get some stronger anti-histamnes from the doc.

But for me the nasal spray was awful, my mother uses it fine though.

--------------------
pregnancy calendar

It's only pink coz I know we're having a girl. lol
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Dec 6 2006, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (McKenna @ Dec 6 2006, 03:40 AM)
I have hayfever, not much that can be done about it to be honest, although I ditched the nasal spray my doc gave me for two reasons, always gave me a weird taste at the back of my throat and did practically nothing to relieve my symptoms.

I dont get hayfever year old, though, the weather not good enough for that here lol, so I only get it through the summer months, and generally if I'm quick enough to take some anti-allergy tablets at the beginning of the season when it starts, it tends not to affect me at all for the rest of the season.

If its really bad I get some stronger anti-histamnes from the doc.

But for me the nasal spray was awful, my mother uses it fine though.

Thanks for the advice. I gave Lexi the nasal spray last night she didnt say anything about a wierd taste or anything. I will ask her after I give it to her tonight and see what she says. Thanks.
PMEmail Poster

McKenna
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 6,478

They may be completely different sprays, as i am in UK, but everytime I sprayed mine I could feel the damned stuff running down the back of my throat, I wouldnt bring it up with your daughter, if she doesn't mention any probs, and you point one out she may start imagining it.

Edit: And I was meant to say 'I dont get hayfever year round', not 'year old', which doesnt even make any sense lol

This post has been edited by McKenna on Dec 7 2006, 12:35 AM

--------------------
pregnancy calendar

It's only pink coz I know we're having a girl. lol
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 03:32 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

hey Lisa, What works well for Mary Beth is a saline spray. Look in Walmart, try different ones. The saline spray keeps the sinus passages moist and free from allergens. It doesn't mean MB never has a problem but we do not need to resort to the steroid spray (which is what I am assuming the dr. prescribed for Lexi) as often. And like McKenna said for him, when I have used the steroid it did cause a taste in my throat that I could not tolerate. But MB can tolerate that so every person is different. You can use the saline spray at the same time as using the other Rx's but you could also check with your doc about it.

Up here in the cold.... we don't need to worry about those kinds of allergies at this time of year. emlaugh.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]