Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> midwife appt...
kimberley
  Posted: Sep 13 2005, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

all went well. bp is perfect, protein negative, baby hb 135, measuring to date, gained 6lbs in a month blush.gif blush.gif

it was great because this was the first time i got to meet one of the midwives who is going to attend the birth. she is so down to earth and friendly. she said it is up to me if i want to do the glucose screen and i refused it. she figured i would since i have no history of GD and show no signs so far.

she again reassured me that if i reach a point that i feel i can't handle things without meds or epi during labor, they will follow me to the hospital right away. jamie is considering "catching" thumb.gif . i made the mistake of asking about the placenta. blink.gif apparently, it is illegal to transport human tissue or to throw it in the garbage because if someone finds it, police will have to investigate rolleyes.gif sooooooooo i have to bury it in the backyard. wacko.gif two problems... 1. i only rent this house and i am sure the landlord will have a heart attack if i dig a 3 ft hole anywhere and 2. i am due dec 21!!!! dead of winter!! ground will be frozen at the very least 4 months!!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif so i asked her what i was supposed to do and she said freeze it saywha.gif nosmiley.gif omg, i am gonna have to move the placenta over to reach my ice cream *shudders*. that is a little gross imo! i am so gonna have to see if we can buy a separate freezer or something lol. can you imagine.... "honey, what is this steak you are bbq'ing? i didn't buy steaks this week. huh.gif puke.gif pthhh.gif noooooo.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Lol

I suppose you could call some serviec to have it removed from your premises......??

lol

hug.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (~*~Zach's Mom~*~ @ Sep 13 2005, 02:01 PM)
Lol

I suppose you could call some serviec to have it removed from your premises......??

lol

hug.gif

who??? "Body Parts r Us??? LOL rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

amynicole21
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

WTG on the healthy report!! Yay!

Ew on the placenta thing... does EVERYONE who delivers with a midwife have to do this? Don't they have access to a medical waste site? What about the stuff that gets all icky during the birth, do they just wash and re-use or do they throw it out in a medical waste receptical? (sp?) unsure.gif

Know any dogs that look hungry in the area? LOL! Totally j/k. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

WOW that is AWESOME!!! WTG Jamie that is SO beautiful!! EWWWW about that placenta rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif Do you remember a while back when we had the post about how to "cook" your placenta omg that is SOOO what I thought about rolling_smile.gif emlaugh.gif rolling_smile.gif emlaugh.gif

Anyway I'm glad you had a good app!!! love2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Sep 13 2005, 02:03 PM)
Know any dogs that look hungry in the area? LOL! Totally j/k. wink.gif

rolling_smile.gif emlaugh.gif rolling_smile.gif that's sick!!!! LOL

i guess most people just deliver at a hospital and they dispose of it. i am gonna have to look into it. as for the soiled sheets and stuff, that is ok to go in the trash because it is not an "organ" just waste. wacko.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

One of my good friends had a home birth, which also occured during the winter. They did, in fact, freeze the placenta until the spring, at which time they planted it in the yard with a tree. (they were also renting at the time). I was under the impression they chose to do that, not that it was a medical waste issue.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

OMG LOL
Remind me not to visit until next summer Kimberley LOL

I'm glad you had a good appointment and it sounds like everything will go just fine.

About the pain yeah it hurts but its not all that bad plus you dont remember it wink.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
5littleladies
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

Well that's gross!! rolling_smile.gif Do you have a fireplace? Maybe you could cremate it. blink.gif puke.gif

But it sounds like baby is doing great! wub.gif yay!!

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

The midwives around here have access to the medical waste services. That's insane they would ask you to bury it or freeze it. puke.gif Wouldn't be me. nosmiley.gif
PMEmail Poster
kayla's mama
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Go Cardinals!!!!

Member No.: 2,015

That is so gross bout the placenta disposal puke.gif

Sounds like baby is doing good biggrin.gif

--------------------
Brandi~~wife to Jason and Mom to Kayla

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

hmm this is weird. i called the midwife office i worked at years ago and asked them about it. she said a law passed a year or so ago stating that you may dispose of a placenta with regular trash but it must be frozen solid and may only be put out the morning of pick up. not the night before. and the midwives in their practice usually just take it with them. now i feel kinda creepy throwing away my baby's life support with the dirty diapers and trash blush.gif wacko.gif but still can't fathom the alternative as a freezer ornament for months lol. someone suggested i dig the hole now and cover it with planks til we need it. i might just do that instead smile.gif

i find it really odd that there is no medical waste service here that does this dunno.gif

This post has been edited by kimberley on Sep 13 2005, 11:32 AM

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Kim, I heard in a lot of cultures they bury the placenta for fertilizer and symbolism. Could be why this woman that Jeanne mentioned planted a tree atop hers? dunno.gif
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

i heard of that also and wouldn't mind doing it if i wasn't due in the middle of winter wacko.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster

luvbug00
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Glad baby is good!! thumb.gif baby.gif

The plasenta thing uhhh Gosh that's nasty!! But ya'll had me bent over laughing with the dogs and steak and stuff!!! EWWWWWW emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mummy2girls
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

ok now i remember what i had for supper last night.... its in my toilet puke.gif That is just plain nasty

i want to add in a nasty story... When i was preggo with jenna i was still living with my sis and her BF (now ex DH) was staying with us. my sister actually had him believeing that when you deliver your baby you have to bite the placenta afterwrads.. LOL. He actually believed it. LOLOLOL

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
jem0622
Posted: Sep 14 2005, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 105

You are toooo funny! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Julie with Nathan (11) Gabe (8) and id twins Hannah and Olivia (6)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Sep 14 2005, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

omg kimberley, u almost made me pee my pants with that post rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif I'm glad you're appointment went well. wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Sep 27 2005, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

Growing up, my best friends mothers was a Mid Wife..and I saw alot of Placenta's in her fridge. If a woman wanted to she donated to her and she would freeze it.. for school to show people what it looked like.

She also talked of cultures who ATE it after birth. It is suppose to be so fortified wiht all the good stuff that it will replenish the mothers system after birth, supposedly in some substandard countries this has actually been what saved the life of the mother..

But she had a her children at home.. hands and knees dropped a baby.. friends and family kids everyone there.. she loved it. After the 3rd she said they just dropped anyway..lol

But they always planted there's with a tree bought for that child, it be it's tree to grow as your child. And she also said they used them in flower beds.

Mel

--------------------
PM
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 27 2005, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

laugh.gif You are all too funny! I've never had a home birth, so I don't know anything about what to do with the Placenta! But the whole thought of having a placenta in my freezer would creep me out. laugh.gif

smile.gif Glad to hear that you and the baby are doing Okay! Congratulations again!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Sep 28 2005, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (TANNER'S MOM @ Sep 27 2005, 04:35 PM)
But she had a her children at home.. hands and knees dropped a baby.. friends and family kids everyone there.. she loved it. After the 3rd she said they just dropped anyway..lol

i am hoping this one just "drops" out too lol. planning a home birth is like planning a party... inviting people over, having refreshments.. maybe it will be a christmas party! rolling_smile.gif

i want to do the tree thing with the placenta too since the boys are bugging for an apple tree and it is a nice memento to mark baby's growth.. just gotta figure out how to do that in winter lol.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

If you have carpet.. use tarps under everything..lol

She said that she told alot of people this.. and they didn't always listen and had to replace the carpet..

Just a bit of advice there..lol She has a midwife school here in this area. And she is great. I just had to many health issues to use her.. but I always loved the idea of her attending my birth at home..

--------------------
PM
kimberley
Posted: Sep 29 2005, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

no worries there, i have all hardwoods lol. but thanks for the warning.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0202 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]