Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tried or Surprised, Was your first baby planned?

Did you try to get pregnant with your first, or was it a surprise?
Tried for it [ 24 ]  [47.06%]
Surprised [ 27 ]  [52.94%]
Total Votes: 51
Guests cannot vote 
CantWait
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Both Robbie and Anthony were surprise pregnancies. Although I always say I don't know how much of a surprise it can be when birth control isn't being used. wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 212

Jade was a surprise. I had just had my second m/c and we had decided that we were going to wait. Well I conceived Jade right afterward. Jordan was planned.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

Alyssa was a "surprise" I guess I mean we weren't using b.c and when she was conceived (know the exact day and time) we knew we were being careless rolleyes.gif we were um young and stupid but I definitly do NOT regret it Alyssa is my joy!!

BTW do you think your pg or are you just reminicing (horrible speller here)?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

CantWait
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ Jan 8 2006, 02:50 PM)
Alyssa was a "surprise" I guess I mean we weren't using b.c and when she was conceived (know the exact day and time) we knew we were being careless rolleyes.gif we were um young and stupid but I definitly do NOT regret it Alyssa is my joy!!

LOL no I'm just curious....reminicing (sp?) rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

PMEmail Poster
kayla's mama
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Go Cardinals!!!!

Member No.: 2,015

We had a conversation on when we were going to try again after my m/c. The next day I tested cause I was just a day late. I was totally surprised.

--------------------
Brandi~~wife to Jason and Mom to Kayla

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

lol, Marie you have us all thinking now!!!

Our first pg was a surprise but not unwanted. We lost that one, but our son we tried for many years and had recently given up. Surprise we were pregnant. love2.gif Then we tried again and had another miscarriage a few years later. Then I was told I was not ovulating so we gave up. Then my daughter surprised us!!! love2.gif So I will answer the poll that we tried but .... who knows what God had planned smile.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

QUOTE (CantWait @ Jan 8 2006, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ Jan 8 2006, 02:50 PM)
Alyssa was a "surprise" I guess I mean we weren't using b.c and when she was conceived (know the exact day and time) we knew we were being careless  rolleyes.gif we were um young and stupid but I definitly do NOT regret it Alyssa is my joy!!

LOL no I'm just curious....reminicing (sp?) rolling_smile.gif

OH okay I was just wondering not trying to be nosy..these are fun questions though!! wub.gif I totally miss being pg although I really don't need a baby right now!! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Mommy2Andrew
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Andrew was a surprise. He was born a month before I turned 19, and I cannot say that I regret having a baby so young, Andrew means everything to me.
~Roo'sMama~
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

We planned him. happy.gif We actually got pg a few days after deciding to try, and found out a couple weeks later. blush.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
luvbug00
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

surprise..( figures, the little stinker can wiggle her way into anything mischivious) ! emlaugh.gif well I was 18 when she was born and I'm glad she's here.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Freckled Momma
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,065

Same for me...we weren't planning nor were we preventing...so sorta surprises lol

We had been together 8 years (5 married) before having our first, though.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

PMEmail Poster
shelbysmom
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,681

We had tried for over 2 years and then just gave up. We thought our dogs were going to be our children, and then SURPRISE!!!!! Along came Shelby, we couldn't be happier. We even found out at the Dr. going in to talk about infertility!!! Needless to say, she was a good dr.!! LOL

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

My husband and I don't really like to say "unplanned" at all. both of our kids have not fallen on the schedule that we had for our lives, but we have always wanted 3-4 kids. So they were "Planned", just not "scheduled". smile.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
CantWait
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (amymom @ Jan 8 2006, 03:15 PM)
lol, Marie you have us all thinking now!!!

Sorry tongue.gif These questions are just popping into my head this week. rolling_smile.gif I swear if I ever get pregnant again, you guys will be the first to know. grouphug.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

CAMSMOM1
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Member No.: 2,907

Cameron was a pleasant surprise! We had been together for 5 years, and just got married. 6 months after we got married, I was pregnant! We weren't using any protection. And the doctor pin pointed the actual conception date, and yup, he was right! Cameron was conceived on the 4th of July! He was a little firework! We were both extremly happy, because we both wanted children. We just didnt think it would happen so quickly! tongue.gif

Funny that this post came on here tonight. DH and I went out to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversay. And I was in a weird mood. I have been the past week. Really moody. When I was pregnant with Cameron, and didn't know it yet, I was VERY moody. I would be pissed off one minuete, and the next minuete I'd be laughing hysterically! So yeah, that's how I've been recently. So DH said, "Dude, youre pregnant! We don't need a pregnancy test....you're pregnant!" And of course I was laughing hysterically, and then I wanted to cry. emlaugh.gif So who knows! Out of curisoty, I'm going to take a test tomorrow. Who knows! But if I am, it wasn't planned. But I do believe God has a purpose and a plan, and whatever his will is, then I know it'll be the best thing for us, either way.

And I thought I was going to write a short post! rolling_smile.gif I can never write a short post! emlaugh.gif

Ann

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
PMEmail PosterAOL
huggybugboy
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

I love my snuggle bug!

Member No.: 1,953

We went off birth control and were trying, but we figured it would take a while, since I was having some medical problems. Who knew it would happen the first time? tongue.gif So I guess he was a surprise too. wub.gif

--------------------
Katie & Josh: Married 7.14.01
Mommy and Daddy to: Miles Benjamin, born 3.28.05

I've been splatted!
PMEmail Poster
1moremakes4
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,446

Our first was a complete surprise! We were wanting a second, but hadn't really been "trying" for long, so she was a nice surprise too. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Beth
Wife to Tripp, mommy to Taylor and Kamryn

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted on Jan 8 2006, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Suprise suprise! Both times. The first time I was stupid ... I'd tried the depro and didn't like it and thought it would stay in my system for longer than they said (like I said, I was stupid) and whadda ya know? We found out the day before our wedding that it was twins. The second was a suprise but shouldn't have been. I was out of my pills and had an appt the day after we conceived. But although it wasn't the way we planned I wouldn't have it any other way! And after the twins we hadn't decided if we wanted anymore or not but no way would I give back the baby! Ann's right-God knows what He's doing!
PMEmail Poster
Sarah&Mackenzie
Posted on Jan 9 2006, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,956

Totally planned. I went to the doctor in January and discussed it and was pg in Feburary (first try). I hope it is as easy to get pg when we try for our second.

--------------------
Photobucket
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MomToMany
Posted on Jan 9 2006, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

All of mine were wonderful surprises wub.gif . Now the next one will be planned- sort of, LOL. It will happen when it happens I guess.
Kaitlin'smom
Posted on Jan 9 2006, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

A BIG SUPRISE

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
danahas4monkeys
Posted on Jan 9 2006, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 942

well my first was a super duper surprise , he wanted kids i didnt, i was on the pill took it religiously my mother made sure of it lol, i got pg , got married, graduated all in the same week in that order. of course once she came i decided i had to have a houseful~!

number 2 was both a planned/surprised we decided as soon as we could after #1 was born we would start trying but then the marriage went bad (long story) and I left but found out I was pg a few months later.

I met the new man in my life he thought the 2 kids we had was enough but a few 5yrs later he decided he wanted a baby of his own , we were in a commited relationship but werent married due to my bad first marriage , so we tried got pg and m/c.

tried again a few months later and got #3 so she was planned i can even tell you down to the hour lol.

so shortly after #3 turned a yr old we finally got married and on our wedding night concieved #4 , i never thought i'd be able to say i got pg on my wedding night but i did lol! and he is now almost 2!

as for number 5 if there is we are not preventing but not actively trying so if it happens it happens !

Dana

--------------------
Dana
Mommy to Kimberly 14, Jordan 13, Alexis 7, and Andrew 5
PMEmail PosterYahoo
aspenblue1
Posted on Jan 9 2006, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Member No.: 68

Isabella was a suprise. I was told the month before I probably wouldnt be able to get pregnant with out fertility drugs.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Jamison'smama
Posted on Jan 9 2006, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

Planned---3 rounds of fertility medication and finally, along came my beautiful girl---

For Jack, I had just filled the Clomid prescription and we planned to start trying about 2 months later--whoops, already pregnant, he was a surprise but an almost planned one--just may not have planned a Christmas time baby.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted on Jan 9 2006, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Both completely planned. wub.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0266 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]