Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (9) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aimee's 2007 Get fit 'n healthy journal
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I should have gone to the gym the past 2 days. We just got ice today. So now the gym is closed and I'm 3 days into not working out. mad.gif

I'll definitely do my boot camp DVD today. I hate working out at home, but you do what you have to do. rolleyes.gif

My eating this weekend was fine. I can't remember what I ate, but it was similar to the other days. Lean meat, lots of veggies and fruit, etc. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

sory Amiee about not being able to get to the gym, seems you really love going. Do the boot camp and hopefully tomorrow you can go.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Oh man that stinks! But did you have a good weekend??

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I had a good weekend. happy.gif It was just very low key..not much going on around here. wink.gif

Today:

Breakfast: 2 slices whole wheat toast w/1 tsp peanut butter, OJ (calcium fortified)
Morning snack: almonds, banana
Lunch: Chicken, brown rice w/black beans and corn
Afternoon snack: apple, almonds, cheese
Dinner: Pork tenderloin, sweet potato, green beans
Drinks: water

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Sounds like your eating great. I wouldn't worry too much about not going to the gym. Your working out hard and a few extra days of rest will do it good. Keep it up. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Doin' good girl!! At least you are staying on the right track food wise. It's yucky here too so no exercise for me (aw shucks! wink.gif )!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
booey2
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 03:39 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Great job Aimee, you are definitely in the zone, keep it up and you will definitely make your goal to fo into that little dress for the wedding. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

It was another great day!

I went to the gym this morning and took a cardio kickboxing class. It was hard. Hopefully it will get easier over the next couple of weeks. I plan on taking it once a week.

After the gym we met at a friends house for our weekly 'coffee talk' We brown bag it so it's easy for me to stick with my healthy diet.

Then, I went to the gym this evening for strong. No, I won't make a habit of it, but I missed 3 days due to incliment weather and I'm missing tomorrow, too.

Eating:

Breakfast: Whole wheat toast w/peanut butter, OJ
Morning Snack: banana
Lunch: Tomato soup, salad. Oh the salad was GOOD, too. I made it from the grocery store salad bar (our awesome grocery store) and just used olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing. By far the best salad I've had in awhile.
Afternoon snack: almonds, 1/2 whole wheat pita pocket with 1/4 cup guacamole
Dinner: Italian vegetable soup
Drinks: Hot tea, water

Another GREAT DAY!! I feel absolutely amazing!

I haven't had a headache in over 2 weeks!

And, I've lost 2 inches off my waist!!! thumb.gif (I'm not weighing myself, I'm going by waist size and inches lost. wink.gif )
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Awesome work Aimee, being in control is a great feeling. cheerleader.gif Congrats on the lost inches. banana.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Great job Aimee. thumb.gif Congrats on the loss of inches too!!! cheerleader.gif cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

WTG Amiee, you beet post pics of you in that dress, casue your going to look amazing.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

GREAT Aimee!!!!!!!! Wow girl, you're doing so well and staying so focused!!! WTG cheerleader.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks ya'll. wub.gif

I've been at this for a year and a half and I've tried to diet in every which way but the right way. I manipulated it and it never worked for me in the past. I exercised, but ate wrong and couldn't understand why I felt like crap. I ate all the right things but didn't exercise and couldn't understand why the scale was moving, but my clothes weren't fitting right, still. This time I'm doing it right. But more than anything I want to be healthy..that's why I'm not weighing myself. I'd rather know that I'm losing inches. Besides, when you are on a strict exercise regimen you don't lose weight as fast. Especially with strength training....you lose so many inches, though and your body looks 'tighter'. happy.gif I've lost my focus in the past b/c I would get discouraged by the number on the scale. Now I see that I looked and felt better then, even though the number really didn't go up when I wasn't working out as much.

Sorry blahblah.gif blush.gif That was more for me than anyone else. tongue.gif I need to keep myself motivated.

So far, so good today! thumb.gif

Breakfast: Whole wheat toast w/apple butter, OJ
Morning snack: popcorn (popped it myself-in the skillet laugh.gif )
Lunch: Turkey wrap (whole wheat tortilla, turkey breast, lettuce, swiss cheese, avocado) It was yummy! yummy.gif
Afternoon snack: Banana, apple

I need to get something out for dinner. I'm sure it will be some kind of chicken. happy.gif I need more veggies today, too. unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well, I'm not hungry. I didn't eat much of a dinner. Some carrot sticks and almonds was all. blush.gif

I'm in a funky mood tonight. I've got to get a handle on Maddie. She's giving me fits lately and is really declining in school. I feel like such a failure. sleep.gif She has a new teacher that is so much more on top of things and she has been in touch with me. I think I will start to see improvement soon. I hope so, anyway. I work with her and I thought she was getting somewhere, but apparently she isn't focusing at school.

I'm tired of this gray weather and I'm so disappointed that I didn't get my hair done today. It's been 7 mos or longer and now it's going to be another 2 weeks. So much for being related to the stylist. sad.gif

I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is another day.
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

hug.gif Aimee. I'm sorry things aren't look bright right now. I hope the weather clears up for you soon. You must not be used to the winter grayness, huh? Do you not get much of it in Texas? Course it's freakin' below zero here and so cold it's pathetic. If it's gonna be like that can't it at least snow? I mean, seriously! tongue.gif Sorry, my own little rant there. blush.gif

I hope you get through to Maddie, too. I don't remember being that little, but I do remember when I was older in school how I'd get in a real slump around this time of the year. The school year is half over and focus decreases.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thank you, Karen. hug.gif I've been thinking about how dreadful 20 degrees is, I really can't imagine temps below zero. Of course our windchill factor was well below zero. Lots of snow would definitely make it worth it. thumb.gif

You must not be used to the winter grayness, huh? Do you not get much of it in Texas?

Oh goodness, no. happy.gif It's rare that the sun isn't shining here. You know, one day of it is fine for me and I like this weather if I don't have plans, but a little bit of ice here and the entire state shuts down and DH won't let me leave the house. rolleyes.gif The grayness doesn't help. We were up to 80 degrees a week ago. wacko.gif Now both kids are sick. Ethan moreso than Maddie. I'm guessing he has croup. He slept with me last night and barked all night. sad.gif Neither of us got any sleep. Do I take him to the doctor for this? I was going to do the shower thing when he woke up and since it's cold outside I can carry him out there and maybe that will snap it.
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

sorry for your weather is really no fun, alot of us get into funks when the weather is lously for days. I hope the kids feel better also. Kepp up the good work Amiee you will look HOT in that dress.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 18 2007, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

hug.gif Sorry you are down right now. I would take Ethan in just to be sure it is croup and nothing more. We are having the same difficulties with Matthew right now and school. We are using the reward method that if he can stay focused til June there may be a reward at the end of the year. As for the grey days, up here we have them from December 1st til almost April, maybe start taking a D vitamin supplement it may help with the lack of sunshine you are experiencing and may help lift your spirits. hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jan 18 2007, 09:07 AM)
Thank you, Karen. hug.gif I've been thinking about how dreadful 20 degrees is, I really can't imagine temps below zero. Of course our windchill factor was well below zero. Lots of snow would definitely make it worth it. thumb.gif

You must not be used to the winter grayness, huh? Do you not get much of it in Texas?

Oh goodness, no. happy.gif It's rare that the sun isn't shining here. You know, one day of it is fine for me and I like this weather if I don't have plans, but a little bit of ice here and the entire state shuts down and DH won't let me leave the house. rolleyes.gif The grayness doesn't help. We were up to 80 degrees a week ago. wacko.gif Now both kids are sick. Ethan moreso than Maddie. I'm guessing he has croup. He slept with me last night and barked all night. sad.gif Neither of us got any sleep. Do I take him to the doctor for this? I was going to do the shower thing when he woke up and since it's cold outside I can carry him out there and maybe that will snap it.

Yeah, if I wasn't used to that kind of weather it's seriously have me down. I still get the winter blues, but I think I'd get it worse if I lived somewhere it's not as common. I hope the sun is shining for you today. smile.gif

As far as Ethan, IMO I wouldn't take him, but I don't like taking them to the docs much anyways. I had the croup all the time as a kid and my mom just stuck me in the bathroom while the shower was running on hot water and I just sat there and breathed the steam. Megan actually gets a croupy-cough on and off all winter. She has it right now. It does wake her often some nights and others it doesn't. We discussed taking her to the doc, but he's just going to prescribe an antibiotic and that really won't help. I'm sure many on the board who have dealt with kids and asthma, etc would probably tell you to go, though, which is fine too.

Well, I hope you have a great day today.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Yeah, I never took Maddie either. Isn't it normally worse at night anyway? It's been awhile since we've had croup in this house. My friend's little boy stops breathing when he has croup. I think it's "croup with strider" or something like that. She has to keep a special med in her house, but he doesn't have asthma so I don't know why he's prone to this. huh.gif Anyway, it kind of freaked me out after hearing about him going to the hospital via ambulance one night b/c he stopped breathing. sleep.gif

I think the D vitamin will help me. I forgot about that. I like the reward chart, too. She has responded nicely to those in the past. Thanks Terri! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Food:

Breakfast: banana, OJ
Morning snack: turkey, whole wheat tortilla
Lunch: Protein bar blush.gif
Afternoon snack: yogurt
Dinner: tilapia, broccoli, rice

I've not been very hungry. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I snacked on cheese after I posted last night. It tasted really good for some reason. yummy.gif

Ethan is still sick. sad.gif He's been running a fever since last night.

I'll do my best to work out at home.

I thought a lot about the girls night out at PF Changs. I decided to get lettuce wraps at 510 calories and 12g fat. I figure that's a pretty normal meal. I'll also drink hot tea and water. I really wanted some wine, but Scotty said I could drive his car if I don't have any alcohol. tongue.gif And I'd rather drive his car. cool.gif

Anyway, more than likely I won't be that hungry by dinner time. That's normally the way it is when I eat well all day long. wink.gif I'm looking forward to the company. I really need this night out after being stuck in the house all week. blush.gif

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Sounds like a plan, good for you for thinking that far ahead. Some people would just go ahead and pray they do the right thing. Have fun tommorow night. thumb.gif

ETA: sorry about Ethan, you may want to get him checked out if the fever persists and can't be controlled by meds. hug.gif Have fun with hubby's car. wink.gif

This post has been edited by booey2 on Jan 19 2007, 09:17 AM

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Yeah, I'd choose driving a Jag over wine too!!! wink.gif

Hey I heard Dr. Oz on GMA this morning and I thought about your night out. They said that eating nuts 25 min. before a meal will send your body some signal that helps you feel full, that way you don't over eat. So maybe have some nuts right as you get to the restaurant or on your way and that'll help.

Have fun...is it tonight or tomorrow?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I saw him say that on 20/20...that's what made me buy the book. rolling_smile.gif I've been eating a lot of nuts lately. emlaugh.gif I didn't think about eating them before going to eat, though. Good idea. thumb.gif It really does help, btw. They are supposed to be raw, but I don't get the raw ones. tongue.gif

It's tomorrow night. biggrin.gif His car is SO pretty. He always told me I'd get one for my 30th birthday. That's not going to happen, of course. Even if we had the money I wouldn't be ready for it. I want the kids to be older. Ethan is a piggie in the car. wacko.gif Of course I found out today how cheap a used one is. ohmy.gif The one I really want is vintage. cool.gif

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0168 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]