Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Year 24 - year of the "Loser"
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 8 2006, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

My goal, for year 24, is to lose 1 pound a week, for the remaining 51 weeks of the year. By the time I turn 25 - I will weigh 145 pounds.

If I lose more than one pound in a week - I will not count it as that.. it will only be counted as 1 pound - any excess loss is bonus loss.

I have a lot to do, starting with making myself an excersise routine. Dh had been home these last few weeks - making my life difficult... he'd go to the grocery store and come back with McDicks, or donuts or what have you... no moree grocery shoppinh for dh. tongue.gif

I think i'm going to look around for an all-in-one excersize machine, either to rent... or buy if i have to...i'm sooooo going to do this this time. Time to get serious. mad.gif DH promised to give me 30 minutes every evening for me to work out. Let's see if he can keep his promise!!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 9 2006, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Tuesday May 09 2006

For breakfast today I had a big glass of 1% chocolate milk (1/2 mixed with white skim milk), a slice of bread, toasted with peanut butter, and a coffee.

Lunch today is going to be chicken wraps again... it was quick, easy, and the kids liked it. It's a small skinless boneless thigh piece chopped up - the tortilla bread is Pesto Garlic, or I can use tomato basil flavored flavored, there is a bit of mayo, some cottage cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and some alfalfa sprouts. Very yummy, filling too! I'm going to have carrot and celery sticks with dip on the side, the kids love dipping. happy.gif

Dinner is going to be spaghetti, for me and the girls - we're stuck going to this stupid function of my MILs - she even suckered my mother and grabdmother to buy tickets. They bought my ticket and are making me go...they know i would never have bought a ticket and went willingly. It's a Mother & Child spaghetti dinner with the Daughters of Isabella. One of THE most BORING functions ever.

*sigh*

Their sauce is too gross too... need to wash it down with loads of bread. Maybe I'll just eat beforehand, and not have ANY spaghetti. huh.gif

Oh well... snacks today are apples for the morning snack, and cheese and crackers for the pm snack.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 10 2006, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

For breakfast, I had a bowl of Raisin Bran with 2% milk, and a coffee, and some apple juice. I had a multi-grain and dried fruit muffin around 10... For lunch, we're having hotdogs - I'm going to have 2. For dinner - I put a Porc Rib roast in the crockpot with some quartered onions, sliced carrots, sliced celeri, and some spices. I'll make rice later on today to go with it.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 11 2006, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had about an ounce of cheese yesterday with the hotdogs, and late at night I had a carrot muffin, about 1/3 box of Kraft dinner, and Mug's Root Beer. sleep.gif

This morning, I had some oatmeal for breakfast with a few bites of an english muffin. Lunch today will be either tomato soup with crackers, vegetable soup, or pizza - not sure yet... tongue.gif

Dinner will be Chicken Pot Pie, assuming I get to the store and buy some pie shells and some potatoes. I don't feel like making the dough. emlaugh.gif Otherwise, it will be chicken stir-fry. rolling_smile.gif

Snacks today are carrot sitcks with Ranch dressing, and apples.

Oh yeah - edited that this mroning, the scale said 194.4. Yesterday, it was 196.

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on May 11 2006, 06:07 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 12 2006, 05:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ May 11 2006, 09:06 AM)
Dinner will be Chicken Pot Pie, assuming I get to the store and buy some pie shells and some potatoes. I don't feel like making the dough. emlaugh.gif Otherwise, it will be chicken stir-fry. rolling_smile.gif

Actually - dinner was sliced chicken in a pan with Broccoli - and bacon with potato filled perogies - and I had a few sips of pepsi.

I had a decent slice of Dairy Queen ice cream cake my mom bought me at my birthday too. yummy.gif

This morning - the scale still said 194.4

I had oatmeal with 2 toasts this morning. With coffee. Lunch today will definitely unequivocably be soup, since we had th e pizza yesterday. Dinner will be roast porc with pasta and cream sauce... hamburger helper style.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 13 2006, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ May 12 2006, 08:19 AM)
Dinner will be roast porc with pasta and cream sauce... hamburger helper style.

Lied again.

I forgot I had a birthday dinner to go to... I had a Quarter Pounder with cheese on the way there...to NOT eat so much at the restaurant... but dang italian food... I had brushetta and Canelloni.

blush.gif

This morning I didn't have anything for breakfast. I had a wrap for lunch, with some cheese, a nutri-grain bar, an orange, a coffee, water...

Dinner was KFC. I was wayyy too tired when I came home... and we ALL know that DH isn't the one that's going to cook. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 15 2006, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had a bowl of tomato Penne pasta yesterday - actually, half of it - cuz I think I overcooked it in the microwave, and it got all mushy. I could only stomach half. I had a fruit bar (nutrigrain) and some cheerios, some cheese, and an apple.

Dinner last night was Chinese take out - I only had one plate. tongue.gif

Breakfast today was 2 toast with Peanut butter and honey. Lunch was perogies and roast porc... dinner tonight is Cod fish with rice and brocolli.

The scale is still the same... but I think it may go up a bit ( dry.gif ) - not from the food - but from the way my butt and thighs feel... I had quite a workout on them and my theighs this weekend... so muscles hurt...

happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: May 15 2006, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

You're doing good, Rocky!! cheerleader.gif

You have a plan and that is the most important thing. thumb.gif Keep up the good work!!
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 16 2006, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks Aimee.

We had green peppers roasted instead os brocolli, and mashed potatoes instead of rice. dry.gif

I had one toast this morning, with nutella. And of course coffee! Lunch will be leftover

Lunch will likely be chinese leftovers... dh didn't take it all to work, so...

Dinner will maybe be macaroni with meat sauce.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 16 2006, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Sounds like you are doing good Rocky! Keep it up. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 23 2006, 06:01 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well my goals have "almost" been met. I'm missing .2 pounds to have reached my goal - but I think that's pretty darn good anyways. I know exactly where my problem lies - I ate out all day Saturday, for one - and for two - I had 2 glasses of wine last night, as well as 2 handfuls of peanuts, and about 1/4 of a bag of barbecue flavoured chips. Gotta love having friends over, huh?

rolling_smile.gif

I'm also going to be adding 5 minutes of strength training - like pushups and situps, lifting my kids with my feet (airplane!) etc... it's hard on me going up and down stairs like 12 times a day - but it's helping. lol

We cut our grocery budget back by about 30$ - and thought I am eating less because I am careful of portion size, dh seems to be pigging out at every opportunity. He took a Michealina's pasta lunch, 2 hotdog wieners and slices of bread, a 1/4 of a quesadilla left over from this weekend, an apple, a granola bar, a piece of cake, 2 frozen muffins, a small container of mixed nuts, a couple arrowroot cookies, and the whole container of cut up carrots I'd cut up for the kids snacks for this week. dry.gif

Today's lunch is grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids, and a 1/4 leftover quesadilla piece for me. With cut up apples and milk.

I took out a ham for dinner - I don't konw if that's what we are going to have, but that's what I took out. I'm planning on making some rice to go with it, as well as some steamed broccoli. Let's hope things go according to plan!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 29 2006, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well, I weigh 191 pounds.

I've met my goal so far. thumb.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 30 2006, 05:29 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Probably because I've been sleeping a heck of a lot more than usual and eating about 1/2 of what I nbormally eat, with my not feeling well, but whatever - I'll take it.

Yesterday I had 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and honey, and about 2/3 cup of spaghetti dh made, with meat sauce. I was feeling a little weak... so dh made me drink a cup of milk with a scoop of chocolate slim fast in it for the calories. I mixed it with a cup of cold water too... it's wayyy too thick with just the milk.

This morning I had some flat ginger ale to settle my stomach, and I had a slice of toast with peanut butter, since EMilie didn't want to eat it, and half a slice of taost with Nutella. I'm most likely going to make vegetable soup for lunch... I'm not up, energy wise, to actually standing around and making something. emlaugh.gif

I might peel some potatoes later though, for dinner... that is, if I don't nap instead. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 31 2006, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well the kids requested kraft dinner for lunch, so I made it.

Dinenr was perogies and hotdogs. rolling_smile.gif

We had oatmeal for breakfast this morning, with some toast. I had a coffee. I think my appetite is back... this morning, my tummy was grumbly. rolleyes.gif

It's so fricking hot here, I've been drinking at least a gallon of water each day since this weekend... I've been peeing like mad too. I haven't weighed myself today though... But i'm sure it was another small loss.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 05:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I'm happy to report I'm still on track. I had a small "hiccup", but then I had another AF so I chalk it up to having been bloated. tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

We all have "hiccup" along the way. Keep up the great work!

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jun 2 2006, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Great work Rocky, the hiccups are what make life interesting. Keep it up and you will be where you want before you know it.

Terri

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 3 2006, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I made some chili for dinenr today. It was actually really good... it had 5 kinds of beans (red kidney beans, white kidney beans, soya beans, black turtle beans and some other green colored bean), a can of diced tomatoes, ground beef, an onion, and some spices.

My kids didn't really like it though... it was too spicy for them, they said it burned their tongue. tongue.gif

Me and the kids made oatmeal-butterscotch cookies and peanut butter cookies... and I only had 1/2 of one of each kind. biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Boy do I have well developped self control. NOT!!!

I've already eaten like 10 cookies.

*sigh*

Next time, I will only make 1 dozen of each. I have like 7 dozen cookies, total.

Yeek.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

sweets like cookies and browines a BIG weakness for me to sad.gif I so try not to even have them around.

YOU CAN DO IT. Keep going. I want to on your birthday to call you a BIG loser (in a good way rolling_smile.gif )

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks Di!

I'm not quite meeting my goals. I'm at 191.1 this morning. I guess I gained back, or i'm retaining water. It is true that I haven't been drinking as much water as I should... but still, no excuses.

I'm having a few people over this morning at 9:30, and I'm taking out the cookies and the muffins... so hopefully with people here, I can inly take like 1. emlaugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 15 2006, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I was at 190.8 lasrt night with full bbs.

I had 4 chocolate fudge oreos though. Whoops!

(i hit the submit button but I had more to say... lolol)

Ok so average - I've met my goals in th elong run. I started at 196, and i'm at 190.8. I got to my goals within .2 pound, but i haven't been excersizing asd much as i should, what with helping with the flooding at my mom's other housde and my grandmother packing, movimng and unpacking.... so i got the workout done anyways i suppose

i've been eating really well for the ,ost part.

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on Jun 15 2006, 06:17 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Ok today is day 1 of my elliptical routine.

I'm going to start with 5 minutes, twice a day, because I'm really out of shape.

Yesterday and the day before, I helped my mom bring in boxes upon boxes of laminate flooring. Those things weigh a TON.We brought in enough laminate flooring for the basement at my mother's, the basement at the neighbour's 2 doors down (my mom owns it, my grandmother's cousin's gfrandkids are renting it from her), the basement at my grandmother's (which is literally across the street from my mom's - we were having a laugh waving at each other from the kitchen windows) and my grandmother's living room and dining room.

Ugh. My arms and back are like JELLO. Those boxes are heavy... there was about 48 boxes total to bring in from the car to the houses... not to mention loading them in the car from the dang store.... we had to do quite a few trips.

I'm just happy that after bring down to the basement a few boxes, we decided that we were goig to slide them down the stairs...me sliding them and my mom catching them... lol then we switched off for a while

I was snooze.gif snooze.gif snooze.gif sooooo good last night... my whole body ached. I got a good workout though! emlaugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jun 19 2006, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Good job Rocky, slow and steady with the elipitcal, that is how I started with the gazelle 4 weeks ago and I am no up to 30 minutes a day. Great work helping mom with the boxes, that alone is a really good workout. Keep it up. cheerleader.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks Terri!

I did my 5 minutes today while the 2 older ones wre sleeping and Naomie was playing inb the floor in my room. I helped my mom move some jiprock sheets (or whatever that stuff is called...) so i'm too bused to do another 5 minutes like i was planning to.

Oh well... tomorrow!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]