Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Oh my gosh. I feel sick.
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288797,00.html

It was on FOX news when I was at the car wash. TX authorities are looking for information on a toddler who was riding un-restrained in a car with a bunch of teenagers. It appears the child may have been given exstacy.

The little girl in the video reminded me of Lauren. She has her eyes. I'm so mad. God help those teenagers because if I got my hands on them, they'd be in real trouble. growl.gif What the heck is wrong with people. So freaking sad.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

puke.gif mad.gif that made me so anry to read i almost vomited and now i feel sick. those stuiped teenagers growl.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I knew when they started that on line video crap that things will only get worse next we will be seeing ppl. killing for kicks. Oh wait we have growl.gif
I hope they get those kids and put them under house arrest for 20 years and let their nasty old arse family take care of them insted of them living off our tax dollars let the familes deal with them growl.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

jcc64
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Well, the fact that she was unrestrained on the floor like that is deplorable in and of itself.
But other than the eye rolling, what evidence do they have that she was under the influence of ectstasy? It was a little difficult to tell from the video, but it almost looked like she was rolling her eyes voluntarily, and the more the girls laughed, the more she did it. When I've seen people (adults) rolling their eyes on drugs, it was always of an involuntary nature, and they seemed far less in control of their motor functions than this little girl did. Perhaps she was just mimicking the actions of those around her at the time? Again, driving a kid around on the floor of a van while tripping on X is criminal, but it does not clearly indicate that the child was also given the drug.
I like to know that the story is completely accurate BEFORE the networks run with it. The internet is one thing- you take for granted that accuracy is optional- but people expect and believe the things they see on network tv to be true and verifiable.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

It says MAY have been given Ecstasy, so the networks are not saying she was for sure. How horrible for that girl. People are sick.
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I get that it says "may", but people have a way of forgetting that part when they see the images themselves. I prefer that the facts be solidified before a network runs with a story.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I prefer that the facts be solidified before a network runs with a story.

ditto. for me it was the fact she was not in proper safty seat could have killed her alone. regardless of what she had/had not been given drug wise.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Calimama
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jul 10 2007, 01:21 PM)
I get that it says "may", but people have a way of forgetting that part when they see the images themselves. I prefer that the facts be solidified before a network runs with a story.

I agree.
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Jul 10 2007, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (BAC'sMom @ Jul 10 2007, 04:02 PM)
Cary~ they found them so I thought I would post this update.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4955051.html
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/4957468.html

Crazy! Thanks for updating!
PMEmail Poster
Cece00
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jul 10 2007, 01:21 PM)

I'm not saying it happened 100%, but if you listen to the video, they SAY she took X. They say a few things about it in the video, you have to listen REALLLLYYY carefully.

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

All I'm saying is- there are so many hoaxes on the internet- and I don't know if this did or didn't turn out to be one. I stand by my beliefs that network "news" has no business running with a story that hasn't been verified.

--------------------
Jeanne

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0163 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]