Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Missing Oregon boy, I just can't imagine
msoulz
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,158

MIssing boy

You take your child to school and assume he or she is safe. Isn't this a huge nightmare... bawling.gif

But what am I missing here? This story says the boy never got to his classroom, yet no one knew he was missing until after school? Don't most schools call and check on kids during the day? Or are the reports not accurate?

It is just so disturbing. sleep.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

what about attendance?? dont they call the parents if a kid isnt there? ours calls and emails if your kid misses class.
i hope they find him sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lesliesmom
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

I wish I could find the story I saw on this yesterday, I think it was Good Morning America or something where they said the automated call did not go out. The teacher just marked him absent and the call was never made. A call was made at the end of the day stating he wasn't on the bus. I hope they find him safe, I just can't imagine taking my kids to school and them disappearing before they even get to the classroom.

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I just posted about this on my FB page the other day..we had taken caleb into school one hour late and not until 6pm that night did we get a phone call saying that our kid was not in school that day! not only didnt they know he was there but they never called on an 8yr old until 6pm!
I was upset. I mean roll call is taken right away..

but thats what I also read in the newspaper that this school also has the same automated system but that they rarely used it since it was such a small school and the teachers generally knew if the kids were not going to be there and it was something used for truency mosly.

I found it odd to, that they say the step mother watched him walk down the hall in the school and then left, and one of his classmates saw him..so where did he go? the only thing I can imagine is someone, an adult at that science fair took him.
but so many hours passed before he didnt get off that bus from the time he was taken...

It is just ones worst nightmare

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ZandersMama
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

My sons school doesn't call, it really worries me.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
MommytoKKC
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 20,506

My kid's school starts at 8:15 and if the parent hasn't called by 8:45 we get a phone call from the secretary. It's a small school, though. I imagine in large schools it is easy for kids to get lost in the shuffle and that's really scary.
PMEmail Poster
Danalana
Posted: Aug 26 2010, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

If mothering was easy, FATHERS would do it.

Member No.: 8,444

I have been following this story in People Magazine, though I am a little behind in my magazines. It turns out that the stepmother actually tried to hire someone to murder the boy's father (whom she was still married to, at the time) a year or two ago. I have a TERRIBLE feeling that she did something. She and the boy's father have separated and he filed for divorce....took their 18-month old daughter with him. The boy has bad eyesight and wears glasses. His father says he is very shy because of his eyesight and wouldn't have readily gone with anybody. I feel so bad for this family...the rest of the family, including his mother and stepfather are cooperating with police fully. I can't imagine this. The step-mother (Terri Horman) practically raised him since he was an infant, except for when he visits his mom and step-dad. They have all been amicable, up until this all happened.
It all boils down to this...she tried to hire somebody to murder the boy's father and she was the last person who has any recollection of seeing him that day. This story is always on my heart. I pray for good news, but I have a horrible feeling.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0203 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]