Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> First Appt tomorrow..., bloodwork only
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Aug 18 2003, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I have my first appt tomorrow, but it is just for bloodwork. I could use some prayers, as I have a tremendous fear of needles. I have been scarred so bad by people who do not know how to draw blood that it is near impossible to get blood out of me. I am scared to go tomorrow. Last time I had my blood drawn it hurt so bad I was in tears. I hate being a cry baby at the age of 26, but I am so anxious about this. emlaugh.gif I will be glad when it is over. I could ask for someone 'good', but they all claim to be the best. I know in my heart that I am being silly and childish, but can't overcome the fear just yet.

I will see the doctor next week for the u/s and pap smear. I will be about 12 weeks along and I am ready to see the little baby who is growing inside of me!! baby.gif

PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Aug 18 2003, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

I have a huge fear of needles, too! ohmy.gif I almost passed out when I had the IV during labor - I wouldn't move my arm because I could feel it and my arm swelled up to 2x its normal size!! Hugs - I feel your pain!! grouphug.gif

If you know your veins are bad, it does help to let them know up front. I used to tell my ob and they would give me the lady who does pediatric sticks so that she was extra gentle and could do it quickly. Also, if they can usually get a better stick out of one arm or the other, let them know to start there first. Also, it sometimes helps if you ask them to do it when you are lying down...

Above all - Don't be embarrassed!!! Your fear is not an uncommon one!!!

I'm wishing you lots of luck! Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
maliksmommy
Posted: Aug 18 2003, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Momma's little guy:)

Group: Members
Member No.: 106

Everything will be over before you know it, sending easy needle vibes your way! The one thing I do that helps is to not look and talk to DH and sometimes I don't even notice when they do it. I hope you get someone very good:) Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes next week~how exciting.

--------------------
***Diann and Malik 9/4/2002***
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

mckayleesmom
Posted: Aug 18 2003, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Im really not afraid of needles, but I always have the same problem with them not being able to find my veins. When I was pregnant with Mckaylee they couldn't find my vien on my arm,,but they got it in my wrist. And another time they had to prick my finger. They say that if you drink alot of water before you go they can find it better and faster.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Aug 18 2003, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

grouphug.gif sending hugs and best of luck. Hope all goes well at the lab.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 18 2003, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I'm one of those that have veins that like to roll...so I completely understand. Once, I had my arm poked 5 times in each arm (three different people), and then they finally got my vein. When I was PG with Ashley, I told the person drawing my blood this and she used a baby needle and stuck it in the top of my hand and got it on the first try. Maybe they can do that for you?

BIG HUGS... I hope everything goes quick and you don't feel a thing! Be sure to post and let us know how it goes tomorrow!

Congrats again on your PG... how exciting!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Aug 18 2003, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Member No.: 171

I am sending you lots of vibes and hopefully it will be over quickly. I always looked away and that helped alot. Congrats on the new baby coming. baby.gif

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0202 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]